Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   First time I put the pedal on the carpet!! Interesting response WTF (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256409)

ZL1LEGEND 10-19-2012 01:32 AM

First time I put the pedal on the carpet!! Interesting response WTF

Car is about 50 miles from the 1500 mark and I've been pretty good sooooo....what the hell... Why not.

Just after leaving a light today in first gear (M6) I let her rip. instantly I got NOTHING...followed by the Z gradually putting power to the ground.

Hit second, little engine bog then back to the power band.

I was simply in sport mode with traction control on.

Question is...was this the traction control saying "no you don't" or something else?

I tried again with traction control OFF completely and the car instantly spun the tires right up to the rev limiter.

Assuming this is normal traction control behavior. Right?.

midnighter 10-19-2012 01:35 AM

T/C on my SS is the same way, it takes the fun out of the equation.

flyjbaker 10-19-2012 01:39 AM

Traction control...correct!

ZL1LEGEND 10-19-2012 02:01 AM

At been a while since I've driven a car with traction control. Things have changed a bit. Made me think it was a fuel delivery issue at WOT. Guess it was the computer.

Note to self...can't have fun with TC on. Haha

I guess I'll try out PTM modes next. Can't wait. Love the car.

alyssasdad 10-19-2012 05:35 AM

My Z will break loose at less than wot. In just sport or touring mode. Granted,the last time it did this,it was pretty cool outside and ive heard these tires really lose grip when its cold.

SlingShot 10-19-2012 07:19 AM

I drive mine mostly in Tour mode, and from a 30 roll it will jump sideways and light up the rears with no problems. Kinda fun and a lot different from my SS. The SS I keep the T/C off when driving, and like lighting them up in 2nd from a roll.

Happy_Dan 10-19-2012 07:22 AM

Well I see you are in warm climate so probably not the tires. I can't go 1/4 throttle in second gear with losing traction here in New Hampshire right now. It is teaching me to "roll" into the throttle. I have had a bad habit of snapping the throttle instead of a nice smooth roll into it. I am finding the challenge to be fun. Trying to maximize acceleration with no TC on is fun and will make me better on the track. At least I think so.

CAM....ZL1 10-19-2012 01:27 PM

I have a auto and with the nannies turned off I can't get traction at all.
With WOT at 50 mph it will get totally sideways with no problem.

Ject 10-19-2012 01:41 PM

The system was doing as it should so you wouldn't break traction. All is good.

lopoetve 10-19-2012 02:14 PM

It was just telling you "Hey buddy, you don't know what that does yet..."

Drew P 10-19-2012 02:40 PM

If you really want to experience the traction control, put the car in PTM1 (Wet mode). It will engage the traction control very easily, if you are concerned that what you are experiencing isn't traction control.