Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   OK...I'm starting a better V6 exhaust examples thread!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33104)

scrming 12-13-2009 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mibadd (Post 1278328)
OK , I hear them ( Borla,MRT,SLP,Corsa & etc.) when they first start-up (deep) , Revving it up ( deep ) and a pass by ( medium tone) all good !
What about after the start up , how do they sound at Idle with out revving it up all the time from the start-up . I would like to hear what most Exhaust sounds like at Idle after the start-up , do they have that Rumble or does it just tone down to a quite calm or is their no difference then what it sounded like when you first started up the car ?

I guess what I'm trying to best explain it is that is the sound of the exhaust consistent from the start-up and at the idle ?

I'm trying to decide on which exhaust to go with , I don't want to be at a red light and the car is at a quite calm like the stock exhaust sounds like at idle..

Thanks all ..

Sound clips would be great if you have them at idle ..

Well... I currently have the MRT ver 2.0 on my car... when the car idles down after the cold start-up (which is about 45 seconds to a minute) I can still hear the car idling inside my house.. :D Now it's not loud but you still know the car is running... which is unlike stock which you can't tell is idling standing next to it! LOL !

mrray13 12-13-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mibadd (Post 1278328)
OK , I hear them ( Borla,MRT,SLP,Corsa & etc.) when they first start-up (deep) , Revving it up ( deep ) and a pass by ( medium tone) all good !
What about after the start up , how do they sound at Idle with out revving it up all the time from the start-up . I would like to hear what most Exhaust sounds like at Idle after the start-up , do they have that Rumble or does it just tone down to a quite calm or is their no difference then what it sounded like when you first started up the car ?

I guess what I'm trying to best explain it is that is the sound of the exhaust consistent from the start-up and at the idle ?

I'm trying to decide on which exhaust to go with , I don't want to be at a red light and the car is at a quite calm like the stock exhaust sounds like at idle..

Thanks all ..

Sound clips would be great if you have them at idle ..

There are several clips with just the after startup idle. The Flowmasters on my car, after idle down, do indeed induce a little rumbling, lol. I love the idle sound.

The MRT system on scrming, and several other vehicles, is very similiar, and has a nice after startup idle.

DukeofNY 12-22-2009 08:01 PM

hi, is there anyway to get my car to sound like a podracer from star wars?

GOINGSOLO2 12-23-2009 08:02 AM

In my signature, there is a link to all of our Camaro videos for the V6 (Mach XL and XLT). Please add them when you get a chance to your compilation.

KMPrenger 12-23-2009 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOINGSOLO2 (Post 1313387)
In my signature, there is a link to all of our Camaro videos for the V6 (Mach XL and XLT). Please add them when you get a chance to your compilation.

Hi SOLO!,

I've had the link there for a while. 2nd link below SOLO Performance in my first post. It looks to be the correct page to me upon quick glance. If not, let me know!

tjd24 12-23-2009 12:38 PM

For me I chose the Solo Performance XLT for the A6 - superb quality, great service & order processing, fantastic price and most importantly, has the tone I wanted at idle and at rpms as well as great looking tips. I also love the "diet" results of 30 pounds less weight than the stock cans.

Thanks Steve and Solo Performance - use me as a reference anytime - Happy Holidays.

whaleblueprs 12-23-2009 02:51 PM

BBK Performance Long Headers

Found this on YouTube today.

http://www.bbkperformance.com/news_item.php?nak=36

Nice!!

KMPrenger 12-23-2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whaleblueprs (Post 1314675)
Found this on YouTube today.

http://www.bbkperformance.com/news_item.php?nak=36

Nice!!

Yes...there is already a thread about this within the V6 forum area. Searching the term "BBK" will likely find that one for you. Keep in mind...the gains advertised in that write up are not the PEAK gains...that said...its still a nice gain.

Sterling 01-01-2010 10:59 PM

Has anyone put a noweeds exhaust diverter on a V6 yet?
I'm really curious about how this will sound...

scrming 01-02-2010 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlingnotes (Post 1339783)
Has anyone put a noweeds exhaust diverter on a V6 yet?
I'm really curious about how this will sound...

probably sound pretty crappy... :iono:

wreckedmycar 01-05-2010 11:36 PM

Would installing a cat back exhaust void my factory warranty? In any way or form?

KMPrenger 01-06-2010 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wreckedmycar (Post 1352785)
Would installing a cat back exhaust void my factory warranty? In any way or form?

In a word....NO. No mod should void your entire warranty. If you do have mods, and then run into a warranty issue, the dealer would have to make a case that your modification directly caused the issue.

Say you install an exhaust, but you have an electronics issue, interior issue, paint issue, brakes issue or whatever, then none of that is affected.

But say you get an aftermarket tune, and then later on your engine starts running bad, and you go back to the dealer with the tune they can say you do not have a valid claim since you modified the factory tune settings.

But an exhaust change is so common, I can't see this really affecting the warranty much at all, even if you have engine issues.

wmora4 01-06-2010 02:50 PM

Loud Mouth 1

has anyone intalled a LM 1 i really like the deep sound of it !!!! any one any comments, concerns or complaints!!!!

scrming 01-06-2010 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmora4 (Post 1354342)
has anyone intalled a LM 1 i really like the deep sound of it !!!! any one any comments, concerns or complaints!!!!

Loud Mouth I is simply a muffler delete... I would say the majority of folks here will tell you the muffler delete on our cars is, well... pretty bad... although I believe there is one guy here who loves his...

wmora4 01-06-2010 03:32 PM

Why would it be bad? because is too too loud of because it doesnt look right? but thanks for your comments !!

scrming 01-06-2010 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmora4 (Post 1354448)
Why would it be bad? because is too too loud of because it doesnt look right? but thanks for your comments !!

the sound is incredibly raspy... sounds ok at start up and idle... rev isn't too bad.. but take it for a drive... well, not so much... very thin and raspy...

KMPrenger 01-06-2010 06:34 PM

I for one, was not a fan of the videos ive seen of the LM 1.

wmora4 01-14-2010 01:39 PM

Loud mouth 1

:iono:Does any one knows how many decibels will produce the Loud Mouth 1?
im trying to see if it meets the noise standard in Massachusetts and i belive is 99.
Thanks

01pewterz28 01-14-2010 03:14 PM

Installed the flowmaster exhaust today on the Camaro I am 100% happy with the end result. The exhaust sounds great it has good pickup it looks good, and it was under $400 shipped.

Sean

pleigh 01-21-2010 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 (Post 1380759)
Installed the flowmaster exhaust today on the Camaro I am 100% happy with the end result. The exhaust sounds great it has good pickup it looks good, and it was under $400 shipped.

Sean

01pewterz, where did you get that deal? Autoanything? If so it looks like prices went up again... :facepalm:

philthy 01-23-2010 04:08 PM

Magnaflow V-6 axle back (part 16584)...

Finally got around to taping the Magnaflow V-6 axle back (part 16584)...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62274

lamontoclese 01-31-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 (Post 1380759)

Sean

What kind of Flowmaster? I'm looking into either dual 40 series mufflers or the AMT 409S axle back. Really, I'm going more for a nice loud sounding exhaust without going catback (and yes, a little extra performance wouldn't hurt). I'm kinda caught between the two.

KMPrenger 01-31-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamontoclese (Post 1434481)
What kind of Flowmaster? I'm looking into either dual 40 series mufflers or the AMT 409S axle back. Really, I'm going more for a nice loud sounding exhaust without going catback (and yes, a little extra performance wouldn't hurt). I'm kinda caught between the two.

He ordered the American Thunder 409 kit.

I'm not being an @$$, but just read the thread if you haven't already...all the info you seek is in there. The kit is made from the 40 series classic mufflers, so from that I'd guess they should sound about the same.

Basic concensus is that they have a nice low idle, good tone, some raspiness when under a quick/hard throttle, and seem to give nice performance gains.

Hope that helps.

MIKnam67 01-31-2010 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 1435370)
He ordered the American Thunder 409 kit.

I'm not being an @$$, but just read the thread if you haven't already...all the info you seek is in there. The kit is made from the 40 series classic mufflers, so from that I'd guess they should sound about the same.

Basic concensus is that they have a nice low idle, good tone, some raspiness when under a quick/hard throttle, and seem to give nice performance gains.

Hope that helps.

I may be wrong but I don't believe the Flowmaster axle back kit is 40 series. The 40 series is rounded corners and the kit mufflers are square corners.

KMPrenger 01-31-2010 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIKnam67 (Post 1435393)
I may be wrong but I don't believe the Flowmaster axle back kit is 40 series. The 40 series is rounded corners and the kit mufflers are square corners.

Well, I'm not saying I'm 100% correct either, but its just what I got from this website .... it lists them as using the 40 series classic mufflers so I'll use that for my excuse if I'm wrong. lol :facepalm:

I'm no flowmaster exhaust expert or anything, but maybe the difference is that these are labled "classic" so maybe that is why they are shaped squarely? I found a few posts like this one that states that.