Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   2013 VR 1LE Livernois Build - "Scorpion" [COTW 2/17/14] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323822)

elarson5757 12-29-2013 06:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Got the car moved from storage today to my home garage! Got about an hour start on the reverse hood install and so far so good. While I was under the hood I installed a set of flat black strut tower covers by user CFD! Much nicer look IMO!!

elarson5757 12-31-2013 03:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Got the reverse hood kit installed today! Very impressed with the kit and install was a breeze once I got the right tool to get the OEM hinge bolts out. Toughest part is getting the body lines back lined up!

elarson5757 12-31-2013 08:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This OEM rear deck lid liner is going to get tackled tomorrow. I'm going to replace it with an ACS liner finished in Hydrocarbon with dual LED's that will light up a custom emblem that Roger at Emblem Pros is working on for me in line with my Scorpion theme.

elarson5757 01-01-2014 08:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got the trunk lid liner done tonight. Installed the ACS Composite trunk lid liner finished in hydrocarbon with the dual LED light pods. Very well made piece with a flawless finish! Topped it off by replacing the OEM trunk light bulb with a 12 LED replacement from Diode Dynamics!

elarson5757 01-05-2014 03:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got the license plate bulbs switched to LED today as well as the map light inside since we are stuck inside due to the snow storm from hell anyway.

I also got the preview drawing of my custom emblems from Roger over at Emblem Pros!!! These will be on each fender as well as inside the rear trunk lid on the new carbon fiber insert so the LED pods shine on it when the trunk is open. Main color will be flat black and the patterned background is carbon fiber.

This same scorpion will be embroidered into the headrests and the arm rest soon in RED.

elarson5757 01-05-2014 07:10 PM

Call me a sucker but I'm tinting a set of Technostalgia tail lights and starting the install. While I suspect I will, I really hope with all the horror stories that I don't regret it......yes I've hung on to my receipt.

EDIT: Install went easy and no problem with the lights out of the box. Car sits on trickle charger thru winter and longer periods of sitting so battery problems typically associated with these lights is a non issue. I just have to wire the RP100 remote switch for show mode and it will be done. Not going to post pics and just about everyone in the world has seen these lights with and without them being tinted.

Eric

elarson5757 01-08-2014 04:54 PM

I'm next!!! Car is being picked up by Livernois tomorrow afternoon for transport back to their shop!! A couple weeks and she will be back at home with one hell of a pacemaker.

toehead93 01-08-2014 05:29 PM

Looks nice, what do you have planned for brakes the brakes (because I have a CTS-V kit I'm selling) but regardless you'll want some help stopping with the additional HP! Have you thought about brake ducts too?

elarson5757 01-08-2014 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toehead93 (Post 7320806)
Looks nice, what do you have planned for brakes the brakes (because I have a CTS-V kit I'm selling) but regardless you'll want some help stopping with the additional HP! Have you thought about brake ducts too?

The car won't be raced so not much beyond the basics are planned. Some quality slotted and cross drilled rotors, EBC performance pads, and stainless lines.

elarson5757 01-09-2014 02:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Next stop...Livernois Motorsports!! She will return a BEAST!!

elarson5757 01-09-2014 06:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Can't say enough good stuff about Roger and his team over at Emblem Pros. He worked with me on some custom emblems in my theme until just the way I wanted them and then made them and has mailed them right out. Awesome guy, amazing talents. Couldn't be happier until I have my car back and they are on it.

SSTG 01-09-2014 07:17 PM

There great guy's over there at Emblem Pros.

Congrats on the great upgrades bro!

elarson5757 01-09-2014 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSTG (Post 7323863)
There great guy's over there at Emblem Pros.

Congrats on the great upgrades bro!

Thanks man...I appreciate it. Still have to call you about replacement pieces for front fenders that are getting changed out and new trunk pieces so I can install my anvil spoiler.

I'll try you tomorrow...

Eric

toehead93 01-09-2014 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elarson5757 (Post 7323756)
Can't say enough good stuff about Roger and his team over at Emblem Pros. He worked with me on some custom emblems in my theme until just the way I wanted them and then made them and has mailed them right out. Awesome guy, amazing talents. Couldn't be happier until I have my car back and they are on it.

That looks awesome!