Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   2010 Chevy Camaro prototype spyshot -- without camo!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2240)

fiveohh 12-13-2007 07:17 PM

hmmmm......I will withhold all negative feelings and hope that GM Guru's will please offer up a better photo...I have to agree this is a bad shot, I do appreciate it for what it is (hopefully) just a bad shot.....:iono:

munkee drummer 12-13-2007 07:28 PM

Just not real sure about the rear quarter panel. It doesnt look like it is as defined as the concept. That is what i liked about the concept the most. I hope it just the way a v6 looks.:iono:

Mr. Wyndham 12-13-2007 07:48 PM

Just for kicks...compare the Concept coupe, to the concept Convertible...
there was conversation a while back about how the gas cap was closer to the edge than the coupe...

could it possibly be that the rear-quarters were shrunk a bit on the 'vert? but nobody noticed exactly, because...well - It's a convertible.

munkee drummer 12-13-2007 08:19 PM

naa looking at both of them on a poster. Both look about the same. If they took away the rear end of the car it is gonna be like the v6 mustang. LAME, I mean that is what made the car unique. Those side vents in front of the rear tire look great on the concept but I'm just not seeing them on these pics. I hope that they are there just maybe concealed well. I'll have a hard time plopping down $$$$$$$ if its not real close to the concept.

coolcamaroZ28 12-13-2007 08:35 PM

Nice Work, Scott

Lookin' good! Can't wait to add one to the garage...

NateZ 12-13-2007 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 34094)
Sooooooooooooo--- if you're loving the view out of your 70 SS (which looks killer by the way ....) you're gonna love the Camaro!

Words cannot express how much I love the view out the front window of my Chevelle. Few things in life make my heart pound in my chest or swell with pride, than when I'm looking out over my cowl induction hood while stepping on the accelerator and listening to 454 cubic inches of raw power from GM's glory days.

So I gotta tell ya, if I didn't know what the Camaro looked like, I'd buy it on your statement alone: "If you're loving the view out of your 70 SS, you're gonna love the Camaro!" I'm guessing then that the view from the driver's seat in the new Camaro looking out over that cowl hood must present a sense of deja vu to anyone who's ever been fortunate to drive a '69 Camaro SS (or Z/28). Sold!

Camino LS6 12-13-2007 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NateZ (Post 34162)
Words cannot express how much I love the view out the front window of my Chevelle. Few things in life make my heart pound in my chest or swell with pride, than when I'm looking out over my cowl induction hood while stepping on the accelerator and listening to 454 cubic inches of raw power from GM's glory days.

So I gotta tell ya, if I didn't know what the Camaro looked like, I'd buy it on your statement alone: "If you're loving the view out of your 70 SS, you're gonna love the Camaro!" I'm guessing then that the view from the driver's seat in the new Camaro looking out over that cowl hood must present a sense of deja vu to anyone who's ever been fortunate to drive a '69 Camaro SS (or Z/28). Sold!

Man I hear you!

Sure is something when that flapper opens up isn't it?:thumbsup:

2K05GT 12-13-2007 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brangeta (Post 33777)
My only criticism is that the side appears very flat and boring. Perhaps it is only because it is painted white? I'm sure a metallic color would add depth.

I thought the same thing, it looks like the Dodge Charger from the side
the car seems taller, I might have to get a lowering kit.

SoFlaZ 12-13-2007 09:18 PM

:bow: fbodfather:bow:

WildCamaro 12-13-2007 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkLS2 (Post 33773)
;..@#)(*@# i want this car now damnit.. cmon GM :)

Indeed!! It seems so far away till we can all get one but damn it's fun to keep looking at the pictures and get excited for any tidbit of info you can find in the meantime.

EllwynX 12-13-2007 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkee drummer (Post 34156)
Those side vents in front of the rear tire look great on the concept but I'm just not seeing them on these pics. I hope that they are there just maybe concealed well. I'll have a hard time plopping down $$$$$$$ if its not real close to the concept.

The vents in front of the rear tires are there. But they aren't 'cut thru'. They appear to just be indentations. That's actually not something that's very important to me.

In general even the bad pics look 'real close' to the concept... I'm not sure how you see otherwise.

Sero 12-13-2007 11:01 PM

Well it looks like i may be getting mine as a graduation present ;) I start school (Yes yes late i know) Jan 7th for 3 years. So I'll treat myself to my Camaro as a graduation present, to myself ;)

SilverTurtle 12-13-2007 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtahvit (Post 34060)
Respectfully,

I'm guessing you are not inclined to address this... :iono:

I believe it was acknowledged several months ago that the roofline would have to be raised a little bit over the concept's roofline to be able to allow drivers over 6'1" or so to sit comfortably in the car... but the raised roofline was about 1.3" taller, or something to that effect.

I love the way the car looks, even with the body coverings on... but, then again, I'm really good at seeing what I need to see under the coverings... been staring at those kinds of pics for a VERY long time... so I can see things that I just cannot rationalize to others.

and, honestly, GM had me at CAMARO.