Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Possibly New News? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14523)

DkknightX 02-28-2009 04:16 PM

Possibly New News?

Spoke with a different dealer today about where my Camaro order was and I received some pretty bizarre information. First of all, he stated that for the first time in GM history, the 2010 Camaro will be the first car to have all of the V8's built first and then the V6's will be built afterwards. So if you are waiting for a V6, you'll have to wait a few months longer (allegedly). The projected sales percentage was supposed to be 80/20 in favor of the V6, but with this car, the percentages are reversed 80/20 in favor of the V8. Pretty startling if you asked me but I had reassurances that GM was committed to getting these orders filled quickly.

An admin here, kindly ran my Work order number through the system and he pulled up a 1001. Not sure exactly what that means, but I asked the salesman at Paramus AutoMall in NJ what that meant. He stated that if you have a number under 3000, basically your car is on hold, and hasn't been allocated to be built yet. If I'm 1001, when could I expect to have my car, even if it is a V8? Can anybody shed more light on this work order system for me please? I'd be very grateful. Thank you all kindly!

:iono:

pinkcamaro10 02-28-2009 04:19 PM

Here we go... again!

ezlock83 02-28-2009 04:22 PM

look at the pictures of oshawa plant taken today. there are not just v8 cars on the lot. answer your question? tell your dealer he has wrong info

The_Blur 02-28-2009 04:26 PM

Your dealer is an idiot. Regardless of what information GM gives your dealer, your dealer will invent a story to tell you for in hopes that you are as easily distracted as he is. When you next go to see your dealer, I recommend throwing a shiny object while talking to him and seeing if he goes to chase it.

Stop listening to your dealers, people! Instead of making fun of your dealers for being so dumb, I might be making fun of the dumb customers who believe their nonsense.

CatiaJockey 02-28-2009 04:28 PM

^^What he said^^

kunkelz28 02-28-2009 05:16 PM

I told my dealer to checkout camaro5 and ever since he has been better informed, mark one up for camaro5

MRSBMCS 02-28-2009 05:25 PM

Can we start a blur fanclub?

CWI 02-28-2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kunkelz28 (Post 313921)
I told my dealer to checkout camaro5 and ever since he has been better informed, mark one up for camaro5

My dealer said the same thing. They can't get any info from GM. He said this is the most secretive launch he's ever seen. He also said the best info he get's is what i send him from Camaro5 :w00t:

Silver Streak 02-28-2009 05:28 PM

Doh!

The_Blur 02-28-2009 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRSBMCS (Post 313934)
Can we start a blur fanclub?

I'd join. :sm0:

CamaroScotty 02-28-2009 05:33 PM

If I needed a referee, The Blur would be my guy!

RPO_Z28 02-28-2009 05:33 PM

What's the issue? This week the V6's are on constraint nationally and only V8's are getting pulled into the system.

That is true. Who cares about the "first time in history" baloney? The dealer is telling the truth about the V8's first.

ZYAL8R 02-28-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWIweldace (Post 313936)
My dealer said the same thing. They can't get any info from GM. He said this is the most secretive launch he's ever seen. He also said the best info he get's is what i send him from Camaro5 :w00t:

I'm glad your dealer agrees with you and the info. you give him, but it would much better for him as a salesman to join the site and get the up-to-date stuff like us.

Everytime I talk to my dealer, I quote some pretty factual stuff from CAMARO5 in hopes that he get his butt in gear and take note. Still he seems to know 'almost' everything I tell him already. Maybe he's 'secretly' checking in just so he doesn't look like a dumb@ss when I talk to him.:iono:

ddennis 02-28-2009 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DkknightX (Post 313837)
Spoke with a different dealer today about where my Camaro order was and I received some pretty bizarre information. First of all, he stated that for the first time in GM history, the 2010 Camaro will be the first car to have all of the V8's built first and then the V6's will be built afterwards. So if you are waiting for a V6, you'll have to wait a few months longer (allegedly). The projected sales percentage was supposed to be 80/20 in favor of the V6, but with this car, the percentages are reversed 80/20 in favor of the V8. Pretty startling if you asked me but I had reassurances that GM was committed to getting these orders filled quickly.

An admin here, kindly ran my Work order number through the system and he pulled up a 1001. Not sure exactly what that means, but I asked the salesman at Paramus AutoMall in NJ what that meant. He stated that if you have a number under 3000, basically your car is on hold, and hasn't been allocated to be built yet. If I'm 1001, when could I expect to have my car, even if it is a V8? Can anybody shed more light on this work order system for me please? I'd be very grateful. Thank you all kindly!

:iono:

Event Code 1000 Order on hold at Dealership.
Event Code 1100 Order Placed at Dealership.

So if it is 1001 then it appears the dealer has not placed your order yet.:barf: