Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Angrybird's Journal 06/15/2012 until ????? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230913)

Angrybird 12 06-15-2012 02:40 PM

Angrybird's Journal 06/15/2012 until ?????

Tomorrow my wife and I are starting out on what will be Bumblebees last ride. We are heading up to Michigan, 580 miles, where we have made a deal with Becky D. Of Rodgers Chevrolet. She has been great to work with and we are looking forward to meeting her.
Monday morning we will be picking up Angrybird, a 2012 Victory Red 1LT convertible. This thread will document our journey through experiences and pictures.
Just to start I have enjoyed having Bumblebee these last 2 1/2 years. Only one trip back to the dealer for warranty work. A couple trips to the beach, 4 trips to the Tail of the Dragon, 2 trips to Atlanta. Every one of the 27,000 permagrin miles have been great.
End of part 1.

garcmol 06-15-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyman 08 (Post 5133073)
Tomorrow my wife and I are starting out on what will be Bumblebees last ride. We are heading up to Michigan, 580 miles, where we have made a deal with Becky D. Of Rodgers Chevrolet. She has been great to work with and we are looking forward to meeting her.
Monday morning we will be picking up Big Red, a 2012 Victory Red 1LT convertible. This thread will document our journey through experiences and pictures.
Just to start I have enjoyed having Bumblebee these last 2 1/2 years. Only one trip back to the dealer for warranty work. A couple trips to the beach, 4 trips to the Tail of the Dragon, 2 trips to Atlanta. Every one of the 27,000 permagrin miles have been great.
End of part 1.

Kind of bittersweet? By that I mean, such a great car and replacing it with.... a great car.

Have fun, be safe in your travels and ride home with the top down! Congrats!:w00t:

menendez1293 06-15-2012 03:04 PM

If its not to personal and don't mind me asking what did you get for your bumble bee?

Angrybird 12 06-15-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by menendez1293 (Post 5133210)
If its not to personal and don't mind me asking what did you get for your bumble bee?

Let's just say it was $3,000 more than I was offered around here.

Monchy36 06-15-2012 03:10 PM

I don't think is any of my business...:yikes: but may i ask why V6 for V6? (normally is V6 for V8) and 1LT instead of 2LT?
Congrats!!! Looking foward to joing you on this trip from C5!!!:thumbup:

Angrybird 12 06-15-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garcmol (Post 5133203)
Kind of bittersweet? By that I mean, such a great car and replacing it with.... a great car.

Have fun, be safe in your travels and ride home with the top down! Congrats!:w00t:

Thanks, and yes it is bittersweet, but ever since I sold my Sky we have wanted another convertible. If they had made convertibles in 2010 we would have gotten one.
I would like to travel back through Indiana and stop at the speedway museum in Indianapolis, then down to bowling green ky to see the Corvette museum and tour the Corvette plant before heading home.

Angrybird 12 06-15-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monchy36 (Post 5133233)
I don't think is any of my business...:yikes: but may i ask why V6 for V6? (normally is V6 for V8) and 1LT instead of 2LT?
Congrats!!! Looking foward to joing you on this trip from C5!!!:thumbup:

The only upgrade we got was the C&C package, plus it comes with the rear sensors and camera. Other than that we were very happy with the V6 and the 1LT.

garcmol 06-15-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyman 08 (Post 5133252)
Thanks, and yes it is bittersweet, but ever since I sold my Sky we have wanted another convertible. If they had made convertibles in 2010 we would have gotten one.
I would like to travel back through Indiana and stop at the speedway museum in Indianapolis, then down to bowling green ky to see the Corvette museum and tour the Corvette plant before heading home.

I understand that. My wife wanted a Pontiac Solstice and was just devestated with the demise of Pontiac. I still want to get her one, they're just hard to find.

Your trip home is pretty much the route I'm taking to the fest!! Have fun!

Angrybird 12 06-16-2012 05:10 PM

June 16th 2012

5 Attachment(s)
we left the house this morning about 10:45, the wife had left her car keys at her Moms the day before so first we had to run by there to get them. We decided to go the long way down I-81 to Knoxville then up I-75. About a mile before we got to the I-81/I-40 split road construction held us up for about 30 minutes. not a good start ugh.
We then made our way through Tennessee and into Kentucky. We stopped a couple times at rest areas to use the facilities and eat a snack. after we got past Lexington and headed towards Cincinatti we decided to stop about 20 miles from Cincinatti to eat supper at a Steak and Shake, we also filled up with gas, averaging 29.4 MPG. We then got a room at a Holiday Inn Express in Richwood, KY. This is where we are now.
Here are a few pictures my wife took along the way today.
End of part 2.

Angrybird 12 06-17-2012 01:25 PM

June 17th

5 Attachment(s)
Left the hotel about 9 this morning and headed north through Cincinati, Dayton, Toledo, and then to Woodhaven on the outskirts of Detroit. We ran into and out of rain showers for the last 100 miles. We drove by the dealership nd then stopped in at the Walmart across the street to pick up a few items. We then came over to the hotel and checked in. we are now waiting until around 4 to go to Applebees for Supper. Thanks again to becky for arranging our room and meal.
here are some pics from today.
End part 3

GoldCartridgeGamer 06-17-2012 08:57 PM

Sounds like an awesome, but bitter sweet trip. I was almost able to do business with Becky myself, but some finances fell through so going to wait on my upgrade to a SS. Hope to either do business with my local salesman I've been doing business with or Becky! Keep updating this thread. It's fun to read and see the pics.

Angrybird 12 06-18-2012 05:03 PM

June 18th THE DAY OF THE TRADE!

Well we got up this morning to a bright and sunny day just right for breaking in a new Convertible. We ate breakfast at the hotel waiting for 9AM to get here.. around 9 AM we packed our bags and headed over to Rodgers Chevrolet and met Becky the Sales Manager the Body Shop manager and the lady in the parts department. We inspected the car which looked fantastic. top was tight and no marks at all. Becky showed us how to lower the top and install the toneau cover. We then went inside and completed all the paperwork and signed over our car :( . We then swapped out stuff over to our new Red Camaro which we have decided to Nickname Angry Bird. Took pictures of both cars together and the sales manager took several of our car and us with the new car and with both cars.
We then finished setting up our Onstar and got the directions to Indianapolis In. We left and drove down to where we are staying just outside of Indianapolis. About 250 miles of driving.
Our impressions of the car so far.
I have not one thing negative to say so far. t has run flawlessly, we have raised and lowered the top 3 times so far and all seems well, no rubmarks or wrinkles showing. We love the improvement in the 2012 over the 2010, the larger paddle shifters are easier to operate. the backup sensors and camera are great features. The new door lock buttons on the doors are also a plus. The Steering wheel is a good change, not great but it is an improvement. As I told Becky it proves that the decisionmakers are listening to owners as they post complaints on the various forums and one by one fix them. now they cannot please everyone but the major headache areas they seem to concentrate on.
I cannot seem to get my Ipod connected to the internet here so our pictures I will have to post later.
In Conclusion If you are thinking of buying a new Chevy you cannot find a better Salesperson than Becky Doyle, and no better dealer than Rogers Chevrolet. I highly recommend them to everyone.
End of part 4.

Angrybird 12 06-19-2012 05:02 PM

June 19th, Indy museum and Corvette museum

Today was a busy day, we left about 8:30 this morning and drove to the Indy 500 Hall of Fame Museum about 30 miles from where we spent the night. We checked out all the cars there and then I pulled the Camaro up in front of the building where my wife took pictures.
We then proceeded to drive down to Bowling Green Ky to the National Corvette Museum. If you have never been it should be on your must see list. We were to late for today's Corvette plant tour and was disappointed we could not go on it. When we left the museum I drove in front of the old entrence and the wife took more pics of the car.
We are now in Franklin Ky spending the night, pictures will be posted of yesterday's and today's travels when I can get to my wife's laptop (She is playing FarmVille right now).
End of part 5.

Angrybird 12 06-19-2012 06:32 PM

pics from yesterday and today

5 Attachment(s)
here are a few pictures from the trade of the two cars together and from today at the two museums.