Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Placed my order a month ago... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98366)

ZachSGMSS 08-02-2010 03:51 PM

Placed my order a month ago...

And my dealer has not cashed my check for the $1000 i had to put down for them to order the car.. I placed my order the day after 2011 synergy became available.. i know they had 2 weeks off for the fourth but its been now and my dealer has not actually put my order into the system and no work has started.. Is there a reason i don't know about or is my dealer just being lazy? should i give them a call and see whats goin on? I don't want to be the customer thats constantly harassing them but I do want car asap Its been a month and I'm a bit annoyed that they haven't even placed the order and I don't have a car right now at all, thats the main reason it bothers me so much. Thanks for any help.

Tallboy 08-02-2010 03:53 PM

My guess is they don't have allocation to get an order accepted. Where in Florida are you?

ZachSGMSS 08-02-2010 03:57 PM

Thats the only thing I could think of but I just thought that after a month they would have had a chance by now. I'm in Tampa

SchwarzerDrache 08-02-2010 04:00 PM

A month ago? They don't have allocation. I placed mine a little over a month ago (6/24) and my car was built last Thursday. I had an order number before I left the dealer and had a TPW a week later. You need to go to another dealer.

2010 SSRS 08-02-2010 04:00 PM

I would call the dealer.

AnnaBear@SpartaChevy 08-02-2010 04:02 PM

Oh my gosh...go ahead and call them!! :D No big deal. Don't feel at all that you are being 'the customer that always harrasses them'. I am sure they will be happy to get you your order number for you so you can track it.

I am happy to hear from my customers, especially my Camaro customers!!

:chevy:

Tallboy 08-02-2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2011camaroexcited (Post 2172509)
Thats the only thing I could think of but I just thought that after a month they would have had a chance by now. I'm in Tampa

I ordered mine July 19th through Sunset Chevy in Sarasota. No problems at all, being built the week of the 16th. Try another dealer.

ZachSGMSS 08-02-2010 04:12 PM

Could the color (SGM) have any thing to do with getting the allocation? Does anyone know if any 2011 SGMs are being built yet?

PAUL SS 08-02-2010 04:44 PM

My dealer never cashed my $1,000.00 deposit check and I had to write a fresh one when I went to take delivery. As long as you have an order number and a sales agreement you should be good. But call and ask why they haven't cashed it yet.

paytnom 08-02-2010 07:13 PM

Call the dealer, they maybe just holding you check. Did they put the order in the "order workbench" when you ordered, if the did, they should have given you an order #, with status 1100. Like you, my SGM was put in on 7/1/10 and sat for 2 weeks, but as soon as they were back it moved to 2500 and TPW of next week. You should be on the same track unless they did not have an allocation. If they still don't, get your check back and find a dealer the does!!!

ZachSGMSS 08-02-2010 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paytnom (Post 2173236)
Call the dealer, they maybe just holding you check. Did they put the order in the "order workbench" when you ordered, if the did, they should have given you an order #, with status 1100. Like you, my SGM was put in on 7/1/10 and sat for 2 weeks, but as soon as they were back it moved to 2500 and TPW of next week. You should be on the same track unless they did not have an allocation. If they still don't, get your check back and find a dealer the does!!!

I didnt get an order number when i placed my order.they just said theyd place the order when they got the allocation

Duck 08-02-2010 07:24 PM

I gave my dealer a $500 check on June 15th. They waited until they had allocation to place my order one week ago on July 26th. They "gave" me their one and only Camaro allocation at the time. I think some dealers are just having trouble getting allocation. I live in a town that has a population of about 12,000. Not all of us live in high-sales-volume areas. Not only does my dealer have NO Camaros on the lot, they are running out of everything. I guess it's a good sign.

paytnom 08-02-2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2011camaroexcited (Post 2173255)
I didnt get an order number when i placed my order.they just said theyd place the order when they got the allocation

Man really sorry to hear that, they could be building your car next week. I would find out when they expect to have an allocation, or find a dealer that does. At least when you do get it your car, you can drive your's year around. I'm hoping to get mine by Labor Day, and that will give me 2 months before storing it.

CaniacFan 08-02-2010 07:46 PM

I agree with the majority here. Call your dealer and ask him whats going on. My dealer didn't have immediate allocation and told me so last year - but he did cash my $1000 deposit check in two days - but I received an order number the day I placed my order. Seven months later, I FINALLY received my awesome Camaro.. Good Luck.