Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Leafs? no thanks (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2207)

Mike88 12-08-2007 06:38 PM

Leafs? no thanks

why does it say 'Leafs' under Canada in the listings for the regional forums?

:iono:

DGthe3 12-11-2007 08:39 AM

never noticed that, I always came here straight from the main forum page.

Jay 12-15-2007 03:08 PM

i know whats up with that..... go canucks!:D j/k

Mike88 12-15-2007 06:58 PM

go Habs!!!, go canucks, go sens, go oilers, go calgary...anybody but the leafs...plz!

WillInThe04Ranger 12-15-2007 08:48 PM

Boo canadians!! Joking, but I do have something to say

What canadian team got beat in the 06 stanley cup finals?????? THATS RIGHT CANADIANS LOST!!! OMG!!!!! haha joking of course

Jay 12-16-2007 12:25 AM

oh brother.... i think i stirred the pot real good this time... a bunch of Canadians duking it out over hockey... this is gunna be priceless and endless if it keeps going, lol.... and im gunna have to say mike88...... anybody but the flames..... i hate the flames.... boo too calgary.

DGthe3 12-16-2007 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillInThe04Ranger (Post 34589)
Boo canadians!! Joking, but I do have something to say

What canadian team got beat in the 06 stanley cup finals?????? THATS RIGHT CANADIANS LOST!!! OMG!!!!! haha joking of course

Carolina doesn't deserve a hockey team. Neither does Florida, or Phoenix, or Atlanta, or Nashville, or any other place where they don't get snow unless its in the mountains. Vancouver is the only possible exception.

Mr. Wyndham 12-16-2007 01:10 AM

Ahhh, I suppose I'll jump in for a second.

So the Sabre's are okay, DGthe3? :p :sm0:

DGthe3 12-16-2007 01:36 AM

No problems with Buffalo, they can almost be considered my home team, lots of people from the Niagara area do. Thats partialy out of spite towards Toronto, and partially out of proximity. I grew up in a little town about halfway between Toronto and Buffalo, about an hour either way if you take out the time to cross the border.

But anyway, first the Americans steal our hockey teams. Now they are stealing our thread where we talk about our hockey teams . . . back off or we will keep the Camaro for ourselves!:mad:
:sm0:
I would say that we are getting :offtopic: but . . . this is more fun. Besides, there have been more hockey related posts than thread name related posts now.

3whiterag 12-16-2007 08:03 AM

Go Leafs Go!! :thumbup:

z28camaro2471 12-16-2007 09:02 AM

Go Sabres!!

Mike88 12-16-2007 12:57 PM

I'm living in toronto for school and all I hear is Leafs this and Leafs that...but there's no greater satisfaction than when the Habs destroy Toronto and their little winning streak. 4-1 Habs over TO last night...amazing!

WillInThe04Ranger 12-17-2007 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGthe3 (Post 34621)
Carolina doesn't deserve a hockey team. Neither does Florida, or Phoenix, or Atlanta, or Nashville, or any other place where they don't get snow unless its in the mountains. Vancouver is the only possible exception. <<<<<<< WRONG you cannot allow one in unless you allow the rest

Haha, this is where you're wrong my geographical inorant friend, We do get snow here and I DONT live in the mountain, we may not get it every year but We DO get it.

Case and point I dont think it has to be weither or not u get snow, its just a game that canadians seem to have perfected, just like americans with football

DGthe3 12-17-2007 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillInThe04Ranger (Post 34774)
Haha, this is where you're wrong my geographical inorant friend, We do get snow here and I DONT live in the mountain, we may not get it every year but We DO get it.

Case and point I dont think it has to be weither or not u get snow, its just a game that canadians seem to have perfected, just like americans with football

Ok, first I suggest you read my sig (man that comes in handy sometimes;) )

secondly, I will revise my statement. If its not possible to play pond hockey in the vicinity (say 50 miles?) of the arena (creating a backyard rink works too) then they don't deserve a team. And my exception still holds:p. You need an exception to prove rule, otherwise its a law and not a mere rule. Vancouver itself does get snow every year, it just doesn't really stick around for long. At least from what I've heard thats how it is. Hell, they are getting the winter Olympics in 2010, though most outdoor events are being held in the mountains . . .

However, I will agree that America is better at football than Canada. But besides Canada and the US, who else plays football? And yes I mean football not soccer (which is football to everyone else . . . stupid world not conforming to North Americian ways)

I think im babling . . . so I shall shut up