Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Local Marketplace (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Free Camshafts at Lashway Motorsports! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172875)

Erik@lashway 09-22-2011 11:35 AM

Free Camshafts at Lashway Motorsports!

That's right folks, call us crazy (we are I'm sure) but we're offering a FREE camshaft when you have your install and tune performed with us at our Pompano Beach facility.:thumbsup:

This offer, a $400 value, is good for a free custom ground Kelford camshaft.*

Kelford cam company is located in New Zealand, and is a top manufacturer of LSx performance camshafts. Their proprietary lobe profiles and ramp rates are like no other on the market. Plain and simple, grind for grind, they make more power! We teamed up with Kelford camshafts several months ago to help introduce their product to the US market. We've had nothing but great success!

We can help design a custom ground camshaft specific to your driving habits, and modifications. We've installed cams in hundreds of LSx applications over the last several years, and can offer you real world know-how and performance experience!

Just ask our previous satisfied customers.

Give us a call today, or shoot us a PM for pricing and more details. Feel free to come by our shop to check us out.

Thanks!
Erik@Lashway

*Offer cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion, offer ends October 31st.

Check out some of our previous work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbiNqitw8Cs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83bMjmh7mFY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp--bCKoMyE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sT4HrGc8-Q

GEEo 09-22-2011 11:39 AM

:w00t:

ducatisl 09-22-2011 01:07 PM

Their SS108-E cam looks interesting....

Erik@lashway 09-22-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GEEo (Post 3787340)
:w00t:

Sure is!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducatisl (Post 3787783)
Their SS108-E cam looks interesting....

LOL...it's a BEAST. They dont mess around down under do they?

Alot of their cams are suited for sprint car racing which is huge there...high revs and no transmissions!!

Obviously we can grind something for the street as well!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn_sullivan (Post 3788089)
Nice Erik...You can get and grid you want with their custom cam

Excuse me?

ducatisl 09-22-2011 09:46 PM

Guess I'm a little curious as to how their lobes compare to XFI, XER, LSK, EPS, etc, etc, profiles.

ducatisl 09-22-2011 11:05 PM

Two things: F/I cam and 3.91 gears. Contemplating another cam since I'm likely to stay N/A for awhile. But 460-470 "corrected" rwhp off a Dynojet is about right for stock geared cam/exhaust LS3. I suppose if I did a LG G6X3 cam I'd be at the 500 level, but I'm not sure if I could live with it since I DD the car. I'm kinda searching for a more valvetrain friendly, but longer duration cam.

fldrummer 09-23-2011 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducatisl (Post 3790433)
Two things: F/I cam and 3.91 gears. Contemplating another cam since I'm likely to stay N/A for awhile. But 460-470 "corrected" rwhp off a Dynojet is about right for stock geared cam/exhaust LS3. I suppose if I did a LG G6X3 cam I'd be at the 500 level, but I'm not sure if I could live with it since I DD the car. I'm kinda searching for a more valvetrain friendly, but longer duration cam.

You seem to know what you're looking for. While I'm staying N/A, these guys seemed to pick the perfect cam for my needs & they didn't pull any fast moves to try to steer me in a different direction. In fact, the cam they spec'd for me isn't even popular in the Camaro community (yet), but popular w/ the corvette guys & perfect for me. All I can say is do your research (which you're obviously doing) & ask around for several opinions. I highly recommend Lashway, but I have nothing against the other shops that sponsor this group either. It all comes down to who you feel most comfortable with (conveniance helps too, but that is a secondary factor at best, of course).

camarovigoa 09-23-2011 12:29 AM

I was talking about cams not performance shops lol i think our local shops would be a little far for him lmao! :laugh:

Erik@lashway 09-23-2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducatisl (Post 3790142)
Guess I'm a little curious as to how their lobes compare to XFI, XER, LSK, EPS, etc, etc, profiles.

Well, I cannot let the cat out of the bag as far as their technology and engineering is concerned, but I'm sure if you contacted them they would shed more light. It has a lot to do with valve events, and the ramp rate...

We've degreed many cams from several companies, and they're not always spot on what they should be, or opening and closing of the valve is not as advertised.

Kelfords are always spot on, and their ramp rates are agressive, but do not beat the hell out of the valvetrain - like the best of both worlds.

Quote:

Give us a call or PM me. I would be happy to point you in the right direction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fldrummer (Post 3790596)
You seem to know what you're looking for. While I'm staying N/A, these guys seemed to pick the perfect cam for my needs & they didn't pull any fast moves to try to steer me in a different direction. In fact, the cam they spec'd for me isn't even popular in the Camaro community (yet), but popular w/ the corvette guys & perfect for me. All I can say is do your research (which you're obviously doing) & ask around for several opinions. I highly recommend Lashway, but I have nothing against the other shops that sponsor this group either. It all comes down to who you feel most comfortable with (conveniance helps too, but that is a secondary factor at best, of course).

Thanks John, we appreciate the business and are glad you like your newfound power.

ducatisl 09-23-2011 10:41 AM

Dyno comparisons are a big can of worms. You might google it or head over to Ls1tech forums.

ducatisl 09-23-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camarovigoa (Post 3791868)
what am i looking for on ls1tech?
dynamometer results & comparison?
or 5th gen camaro tuning,diagnostics,dyno results?

Try these keywords: dynojet mustang dyno comparison standard SAE temperature humidity density altitude corrected higher gears

Might check out the Corvette Forum as well, those guys are always bookkeeping the smallest of engine/gear changes and their effects on dyno numbers.

Erik@lashway 09-24-2011 07:18 AM

All PM's returned

Erik@lashway 09-24-2011 01:14 PM

Bump on this beautiful Saturday

Erik@lashway 10-02-2011 08:04 AM

Sunday bump to the top

67rscamarovette 10-02-2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

Ask Shane (stb3222) about the cam we spec'd for him. He daily drives the car and it makes killer torque for a moderately large cam, didn't kill fuel economy, and sounds like a beast. Peak HP happens around 6900 rpm, which is perfect. RPM kills engines faster than anything. Period. I forget which lobes we had it ground on, XER or XFI, but it definately was a good combo. I'm sure Erik still has the cam card laying around. It will put well over 500 to the wheel on a dynojet, but numbers dont mean shit. Avoid LSK lobes, they beat the shit out of the valvetrain. Kelford's lobes, from what I understand, ramp in quickly, but set the valve down much more gently, keeping valve bounce to a minimum. Keep the powerband under 7000, especially with an auto (some components in automatic transmissions spin 180% of engine RPM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_Npz...eature=related

Erik@lashway 10-03-2011 09:47 PM

Good info Ollie, thanks

ducatisl 10-04-2011 01:40 PM

Okay, I searched and found stb3222's dyno sheet and it was around 460-465, which is statistically very close to my XFI-lobed numbers if we call the FAST102 and my EWP a draw.

My "desire" would be for a kinder, gentler lobe that would work well with PAC-1518's. Guess I'm one of those old school people who believe high lift is a bandaid for poor flowing heads, yet most LS3-specific Comp Cam profiles are are what, 0.617, 0.624?

It might be informative for the masses if Lashway were to make a quick list, as current as most of us know it, of available cam profiles for LS3 motors. I'm sure this would be good marketing for Lashway/Kelford (with their claim of fast opening, gentle closing ramps) as well as being very informative. I know the few of us LS owners that are bothered by valvetrain noise feel pretty strong about this subject, the compromises they entail, and the lengths and expense (vendor sales from lazy/old people such as myself who draw the line higher each year as to what things we won't personally turn a wrench on) to which we go about solving them.

Erik@lashway 10-04-2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducatisl (Post 3839824)
Okay, I searched and found stb3222's dyno sheet and it was around 460-465, which is statistically very close to my XFI-lobed numbers if we call the FAST102 and my EWP a draw.

My "desire" would be for a kinder, gentler lobe that would work well with PAC-1518's. Guess I'm one of those old school people who believe high lift is a bandaid for poor flowing heads, yet most LS3-specific Comp Cam profiles are are what, 0.617, 0.624?

It might be informative for the masses if Lashway were to make a quick list, as current as most of us know it, of available cam profiles for LS3 motors. I'm sure this would be good marketing for Lashway/Kelford (with their claim of fast opening, gentle closing ramps) as well as being very informative. I know the few of us LS owners that are bothered by valvetrain noise feel pretty strong about this subject, the compromises they entail, and the lengths and expense (vendor sales from lazy/old people such as myself who draw the line higher each year as to what things we won't personally turn a wrench on) to which we go about solving them.

hey this is josh from lashway,
a couple things i would like to point out:
1.) shane's (stb3222) cam peaks at 6400rpm which is awesome for 450+ rwhp cam and idles beautifully at 700 rpm
2.) our dyno reads VERY low, we have seen the same car make over 8% more power on an exact same mustang dyno at another shop
3.) the FAST 102mm is being choked by the stock throttle body so do not read too much into it, the real gains are with the 102mm TB.
4.) the LS3 heads flow CFM numbers that only $2500 aftermarket casting heads could get you 5 years ago.
5.) We use HIGH LIFT cams because the LSX heads flow great number at those lift points. the parts used today can handle crazy lift numbers and the LS3 heads love it. i have at least 5+ daily driven cars out there with 645"+ lifts. they are the opposite of a bandaid!
6.) Kelford after tons of testing and research uses one cam lobe for its LSx applications. they decided that one perfected lobe was much better then 5 different ones that each had its flaws. they have fast ramp rates and awesome valvetrain control (better then what ive seen), additonally the cams are designed to have more valve time area at a given lift, specifically at .200". meaning the valve's open time area is greater then other lobe profiles. it is kinda complicated put pretty cool.

ducatisl 10-04-2011 04:51 PM

Thanks for the info Josh. Very much appreciated.

(I remain a bit unconvinced, although open minded, about your responses to #3 and #5 in the context of a stock cube LS3, but this thread is about Lashway's Kelford cam installs.)

Could you maybe post a link to Kelford or your website that has Kelford LS cam info?

Erik@lashway 10-04-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducatisl (Post 3840651)
Thanks for the info Josh. Very much appreciated.

(I remain a bit unconvinced, although open minded, about your responses to #3 and #5 in the context of a stock cube LS3, but this thread is about Lashway's Kelford cam installs.)

Could you maybe post a link to Kelford or your website that has Kelford LS cam info?

that is fine to each his own, with an ls3 you'll make power no matter what you do haha

KELFORD INFO:
"The Kelford Cams LS camshafts are the best lobe designs in the industry (in our opinion), featuring fast acting valve motion while retaining valve train stability and valve spring reliability.

The Kelford LS cams feature more duration at .200" than our competitors (for the same lift and .050" duration) but the big advantage is that Kelford has better control of the valve train parts. So the result for our customers is high horsepower, great driveability and superior parts life."

here is there info and some of their shelf grinds, we always order custom grinds as they do mostly circle track racing.
http://www.camshaftshop.com/home?pag...ategory_id=128

Erik@lashway 10-04-2011 09:59 PM

Josh, use your own name....you name stealer....lol