Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   No More Pfadt Camber Plates?? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303461)

Avalnch 06-23-2013 12:22 AM

No More Pfadt Camber Plates??

What is going on with the Pfadt Camber Plates??

My alignment shop had a new guy and he gouged the heck out of my beautiful Pfadt camber plates. They're still functional, but look like crap.:mad0259: I know the shop owner very well and he said that he'll order a set and replace them. I gave him Pfadt's website and all the info, he ordered the camber plates, but there was no delivery for well over a month!

I finally called Pfadt and they said that they are no longer in production? But their website still had them available for order (which is what my friend did). He was charged for the camber plates, but never got them.

Now I checked Pfdat's website and I see that it's brand new and the camber plates are no longer there! BUT, their "Camaro Road Racing Kit - Stage 5 ZL Spec" still lists the camber plates as part of this kit.

I'm so confused! Pfadt, please help me out here. Where are your camber plates???

Avalnch 06-29-2013 11:56 PM

Bump for an answer.

SPCBA 06-30-2013 01:09 PM

had a friend order them a couple weeks ago so dont really know

CHMSC 06-30-2013 01:12 PM

They are still available but due to the new introduction of the Pfadt Camaro headers they will be on back order for a minimum of six weeks due to Pfadt concentrating on the headers for now.

I placed an order for coil overs and camber plates. Got the coil overs right away, which lead me to inquire about the camber plates since I don't want to do the install twice and get an alignment twice. Hence how I got the answer. Not sure who you spoke to at Pfadt but I talked with Eric Youssefi and he made sure the info was correct by speaking with the manager of production.

SPCBA 06-30-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHMSC (Post 6734901)
They are still available but due to the new introduction of the Pfadt Camaro headers they will be on back order for a minimum of six weeks due to Pfadt concentrating on the headers for now.

speak of the devil

CHMSC 06-30-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPCBA (Post 6734906)
speak of the devil

My ears were burning as I was lurking around :emoticon16:

PfadtRacing 07-01-2013 05:29 PM

I spoke to Aaron about this today...he is going to put a higher priority on the getting those things made for you guys

Whipped416 08-02-2013 07:02 PM

whats the deal. do u have any in stock ?

bannonm 08-23-2013 07:32 AM

My shop called Pfadt a few weeks ago because I needed to replace a missing part on my camber plates (long story.) Basically it's the coilover fiasco all over again. They are redesigning the camber plates, so likely you will never see the current ones again. If anyone recalls, it took forever for them to come out with their latest coilover while there was absolutely no production of the previous ones.

Hmm, wonder if they are copying Pedder's design??

If anyone is interested in selling their used camber plates, send me a PM.

Matt @ FSP 08-24-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bannonm (Post 6931991)
My shop called Pfadt a few weeks ago because I needed to replace a missing part on my camber plates (long story.) Basically it's the coilover fiasco all over again. They are redesigning the camber plates, so likely you will never see the current ones again. If anyone recalls, it took forever for them to come out with their latest coilover while there was absolutely no production of the previous ones.

Hmm, wonder if they are copying Pedder's design??

If anyone is interested in selling their used camber plates, send me a PM.

Pfadt brought the coilover production in-house actually during the coilover production down-time. That is a major move, from doing partial assemble to now manufacturing ALL of the coilover parts in-house, then assembly, quality control, packaging, etc. just does not happen overnight as backorders keep building unfortunately. They brought this service in-house to control production runs, product quality, and costs among other reasons. I'm not here speaking of Pfadt's business plan, but this was not a fiasco it was down-time as they moved production 100% in-house.

Now as far as the camber plates, like Eric stated, Aaron is intending on putting priority on the camber plates.

Avalnch 08-24-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP (Post 6937958)
Pfadt brought the coilover production in-house actually during the coilover production down-time. That is a major move, from doing partial assemble to now manufacturing ALL of the coilover parts in-house, then assembly, quality control, packaging, etc. just does not happen overnight as backorders keep building unfortunately. They brought this service in-house to control production runs, product quality, and costs among other reasons. I'm not here speaking of Pfadt's business plan, but this was not a fiasco it was down-time as they moved production 100% in-house.

Now as far as the camber plates, like Eric stated, Aaron is intending on putting priority on the camber plates.

That's right. If you know anything about manufacturing, the amount of work to move production 100% in-house is exponential. I applaud Pfadt in their endeavours, too bad their first gen coilovers are holding up so well. I like those new ones.

For the camber plates. Eric was able to send me out the parts that I needed and I really appreciate it. Big :thumb:. And as Matt says, they're putting priority on them. I've ran their camber plates since day one without any issues. Easiest thing to install, literally plug n' play. If it wasn't for my lazy mechanic messing up the top mounting plates, I would not have had to replace anything!