Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I turn more heads in my Challenger vs. my Camaro (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42077)

az2009se 09-11-2009 11:01 PM

I turn more heads in my Challenger vs. my Camaro

First let me say I LOVE my CGM LS Camaro 6M. I've had it just 2 1/2 weeks and I actually look forward to going to work now if just for the 10 mile drive. I love the power, the look, everything. Not a single regret. But...

I bought an Torred SE Challenger 10 months ago and from the start it always received more attention. People catch up to me on the freeway and circle around it all the time just to have look. Not that people haven't given me the thumbs up when I drive the Camaro, just not the same I park both cars far away from other cars in parking lots. The Camaro has yet to attract a crowd, while I've had cplenty of people walk out of their way to get a closer look at the Challenger. I think the lack of head turning has something to with the color. CGM with the black LS steel wheels looks super stealthy which I really like. My wife calls it the Bat Mobile.

In the end I'm happy my Camaro doesn't attract too much attention. If it were flashy I am sure I would have received a speeding ticket this morning on my way to work. I was going just a little too fast (as I tend to do more often now) just before sunrise when I passed a Highway patrol officer pointing his radar gun at everyone except me. If had been in my bright red Challenger at that speed I'm sure I would have been that cops primary target.

It's all good in the end, my 16 y.o. son gets to drive the (slow) flashy car and I get to fly under the radar in my own Stealth fighter.

Camaro_Corvette 09-11-2009 11:04 PM

You got a red chally against a CGM camaro. i would think that color has a lot to do with it. :popcorn:

Indpowr 09-11-2009 11:07 PM

Time for some body mods on the Maro... :)

CloudXTC 09-11-2009 11:34 PM

ls doesnt have the option to RS ...
so no hids... no spoiler.. no 20 inch rims... these are things that make it a little flashier...

ArcAngel 09-12-2009 12:50 AM

Challenger is nice has a different presence to it very retro plus in the torred its down right mean. Camaro has a more futuristic take on the retro themes plus CGM is blah. If they were both red then that would be a true test

1320junkie 09-12-2009 12:51 AM

I love the way the challenger looks...I really like the exterior design on it..i mean it's a pure heritage..and of course I love the way the camaro looks also..but its more of a forward move

ArcAngel 09-12-2009 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1320junkie (Post 913317)
I love the way the challenger looks...I really like the exterior design on it..i mean it's a pure heritage..and of course I love the way the camaro looks also..but its more of a forward move

I knew you would understand lol

jelly2m8 09-12-2009 12:54 AM

Can't deny the Challanger is a hell of a good looking car, but those steel Wheels on a LS just destroy the looks of the Camaro.

1320junkie 09-12-2009 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArcAngel (Post 913324)
I knew you would understand lol

lol..u know my camaro is CGM...lmao:sm0::sm0:

ArcAngel 09-12-2009 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1320junkie (Post 913330)
lol..u know my camaro is CGM...lmao:sm0::sm0:

well i was talking about how you agreed with the design direction and how we described it similar. Its not my fault you got CGM :sm0: LOL

ArcAngel 09-12-2009 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SSARME (Post 913331)
Bet you 100$ that my camaro turns more heads than your challenger.

Dude Breath LOL

1320junkie 09-12-2009 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArcAngel (Post 913333)
well i was talking about how you agreed with the design direction and how we described it similar. Its not my fault you got CGM :sm0: LOL

Yeah i know what you meant..lol...there are so many things those guys are doing to those Hemi's its amazing...well I am a car enthusiast first and a GM fan second..so i can appreciate other brands....