Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   New tail lights ( ps concept lights ) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35170)

2SSRS@Gen5diy 07-31-2009 07:47 PM

New tail lights ( ps concept lights )

1 Attachment(s)
Do you think you like the concept tail light? And do you want them to put on your car,

"prima"Donna 07-31-2009 07:54 PM

:w00t: they are sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!.....:w00t:

MustangConvert 07-31-2009 07:54 PM

Maybe it's just me but it is a bit hard to see what the effect is your going for.

Blakout 07-31-2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangConvert (Post 744970)
Maybe it's just me but it is a bit hard to see what the effect is your going for.

What he said.

Vash 07-31-2009 08:00 PM

Those are the same lights anyway...

Influenced from 1991-96 vette lamps.

The_Blur 07-31-2009 08:59 PM

The question isn't whether we want them, although I voted affirmatively. We all wanted this afterburner effect months ago, and GM did what it could to deliver everything we wanted in an affordable package. As we all know, the current tail lights look a little different. The question becomes a matter of how we produce these lights. The obvious answer is that there is some sort of bulb with highly reflective material in a casing with a barrier that covers all of the light except the outside and bottom walls of the light.

So far, no one has been advertising that these lights will be available for the masses. I'd like to see a price tag because the lights would have to obey the law, meaning that they cannot be too bright, ruling out HIDs. LEDs would require several bulbs to produce the light necessary to go around a barrier. This consideration must be supplemented by the fact that the reflective casing must be red in order to avoid that cheap Altezza look, meaning that the bulbs have to be even brighter, meaning more LEDs.

In conclusion, I'd like to see these on a Camaro, but I'd also like to avoid being pulled over for dull bulbs. We already know that most of Camaro5 wants these, but what cost are we willing to pay?

2SSRS@Gen5diy 07-31-2009 09:10 PM

I was thinking of making a set, And yes Red LED's

John Farnen 07-31-2009 09:32 PM

I'd like to see the tailpipe rings along w/the tail lites.

GMtothecore 07-31-2009 09:34 PM

Awesome tail lights...

jimhowie2000 08-01-2009 08:18 AM

While we are at it, I'll take the concept's rear bumper as well. Looks much cleaner than the production car's. The face is flatter and does not have the bottom lip above the black area. To me, it just looks nicer.

ahart04 08-01-2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangConvert (Post 744970)

The concept lights have a perception of more 'depth'. I think it gives the rear end much more of a 'personality'. You can see the car's soul clearer :D

Blackwolf 08-01-2009 09:10 AM

Abso-freekin-lutely!! I love the look of those lights! :thumbup:

How about putting those on the 2011 model SS models GM?? ;)

KIMBERSSGIRL1 08-01-2009 09:19 AM

If it could be done we would be in line for some, They look killer and maybe eliminate the chrome bezels around them all together!

I already bought the Blacked out LED Tails for our Monte Carlo SS that were around $260 at the time and would be willing to shell out even more bucks for ones like that for the Camaro anytime!
Heck were spending $30,000+/- for the car,A few hundred + or more for tails won't be a huge issue if there quality and done right.
Heck people are spending $300 bucks just for some vinal Rally stripes! lol

Ditto on the Concept's casting Exhaust ports! Something like those around the exhaust for now till something better comes along would be great.
Should have come stock like that on cars without Ground Effects.

Just not some thin piece of stainless or piece of colored vinal would look kind of cheap.

Blakout 08-01-2009 02:41 PM

IMO let's see some of the businesses on this site comment on this and see if we can get them to make those taillights! :)