Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Wheels for my 2010 Camaro (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248978)

Supra772 09-08-2012 08:28 PM

Wheels for my 2010 Camaro

So I am new to the forums and was wondering if someone could help me out with my rim search.

I am looking to get new rims for my 2010 v6 LS Camaro. Right now I have the factory steal wheels on it which are cool but I would like something a bit different. I am thinking of keeping my tires and just getting rims to fit them.

My question is what size are the factory steal wheels and what size rim should I be looking for to fit? I know there are off sets and stuff to consider and I am just in need of guidance as to what will work and what wont.I am also wondering how the tired pressure system in the car works and what I need to do for that when I do get new rims.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

LoneStar 09-08-2012 08:37 PM

First off, Welcome to Camaro5!!!

The factory steel wheels are 18" and 7.5" wide. To be able to use your stock tires, you'll want 18" wheels that are 7.5" to 9" wide. As far as offset is concerned, it'll depend on the specific wheel...

For the TPMS, since you'll be reusing your stock tires, the best thing to do is reuse your stock TPMS sensors (located in each wheel/tire). The shop that mounts your tires onto your new wheels will install the sensors.

Supra772 09-08-2012 08:45 PM

Thanks for the information! That will be very helpful as I search for rims I like! I am just now starting to change and add stuff to the car and the old rims have got to go!!!

I love the picture of your car and color is sharp! I am jealous!!

LoneStar 09-08-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supra772 (Post 5551151)
Thanks for the information! That will be very helpful as I search for rims I like! I am just now starting to change and add stuff to the car and the old rims have got to go!!!

I love the picture of your car and color is sharp! I am jealous!!

Good luck! There are a few options out there for our LS's.

Thanks! I did the same thing, staying with 18" wheels, and re-using the stock tires. There are more pics in my build thread, which can be found by clicking on the pic. :thumbsup:

Be sure and post pics of your car on the forum!

Supra772 09-09-2012 11:55 AM

Awesome! I will check it out.

Any suggestions of good places to looks for rims? I have been searching online a bit but nothing crazy yet because I was waiting to find out the size I needed.

2SS45th 09-09-2012 12:29 PM

Tirerack is always a good place to look. Generally, the rims they show you allow you to reuse your tires too.

LoneStar 09-09-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SS45th (Post 5552841)
Tirerack is always a good place to look. Generally, the rims they show you allow you to reuse your tires too.

^This! Discounttiredirect.com is where I got mine. They have a decent selection.

Supra772 09-09-2012 03:09 PM

Thanks! I will start looking! I am still unsure if I want all black or if I want some black with some chrome.
Any suggestions?
I don't have any pictures up yet but my car is imperial blue metallic ( dark blue/ purplish look.)

2SS45th 09-09-2012 04:04 PM

Silver, polished, or chrome all look nice with IBM, but I'm not a fan of black wheels either. Sometimes you can find some used with tires on Craigslist or on the marketplace too.

Supra772 09-09-2012 07:18 PM

I think I would like the polished look.

kellyjrt 09-29-2012 11:40 AM

I have a set of 19" Hi polished 2LT rims with tires I am trying to sell if your interested. It will save you tons of money and still get a great upgrade. Let me know if your interested.

IPT 09-29-2012 01:52 PM

polished, or brushed and cleared. I am not a fan of dark blue car with black wheels. Looks like a mismatch to me, but it is your car so it only matters what you will like :).

skinman 09-29-2012 10:36 PM

Got mine from bestwheeldeals.com. They have pretty good prices. Good luck!

BigVic 10-01-2012 10:44 AM

I had the stock wheels and here's what I did:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252841

Got the brand new wheels, tires, and TPMS from ebay. They were mounted, balanced, shipped (I installed) for under $1400. You can get them for less if you look/shop around.
Someone is going to buy my old rims/tires for $350, so I have just over $1,000 invested. Heck, just the tires cost almost that much!! I am very pleased with my deal, and the car looks sooo much better.

Just throwing out another option. I didn't want to be bothered with dismounting, re-mounting, etc. :)