Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   custom tuning and programers (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202497)

amizz10 02-13-2012 09:10 PM

custom tuning and programers

Hey i just ordered full american racing headers with high flow cats and x-pipe. im pretty new to the whole tuning thing so i could use some help. what programer should i use and what company has the best custom tunes for my setup?? help would be greatly appreciated

The Stig 02-13-2012 09:13 PM

SCT from Ted Jannetty

radz28 02-14-2012 09:51 AM

Unless you're familiar with tuning, I'd be very careful. The potential to get into a lot of trouble is very high, and if you're getting an auto', it's even worse. I understand the new autos' to be very sensitive to shifting apply-times and you have to be well versed in the clutch engagement/disengagement timing.

HPTuners is another software suite that will give you a lot of power over self-tuning, but I would default to a good custom dyno' tune with a reputable tuner, like Stieger suggested. There are a lot around you, but I can't think of any Sponsors off the top of my head. Actually - like Stieger said - JRE is not far from you and I would trust him with my car.

dragon22 02-18-2012 12:55 PM

On a side note here, I went into a shop here in Canada that deals exclusively with...rustangs...LOL.

My friend picked up a SCT tuner for his Shelby and I inquired about how much one would be for my car. The fellow said he would sell me the tuner, but there was no way he was going to try to write a tune for me. He said the tables in GM vehicles these days are way too complicated and he wasn't going to even try to get into them because it makes his head swim.

I didn't realize GM was that indepth.

JANNETTYRACING 04-12-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragon22 (Post 4504571)
On a side note here, I went into a shop here in Canada that deals exclusively with...rustangs...LOL.

My friend picked up a SCT tuner for his Shelby and I inquired about how much one would be for my car. The fellow said he would sell me the tuner, but there was no way he was going to try to write a tune for me. He said the tables in GM vehicles these days are way too complicated and he wasn't going to even try to get into them because it makes his head swim.

Piece of Cake for Me :D
and I do Fords too :D

Unobtainium 04-14-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragon22 (Post 4504571)

Go to Matthew at Tecmotion. He tuned mine. Really good guy. It's a mustang dyno, so numbers are lower than disneyjets. He tunes mostly Ford, but has HPTuners, and does the SRT8's also. He has a software degree, so he's kinda good with this stuff. He's also an avid racer. Tell him Chris sent you.

dragon22 04-14-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unobtainium (Post 4804490)
Go to Matthew at Tecmotion. He tuned mine. Really good guy. It's a mustang dyno, so numbers are lower than disneyjets. He tunes mostly Ford, but has HPTuners, and does the SRT8's also. He has a software degree, so he's kinda good with this stuff. He's also an avid racer. Tell him Chris sent you.

I've actually been looking for someone with a mustang dyno so we can get some truer to life numbers! Thanks for the suggestion. :w00t: