Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Truck loaded with Camaro convertibles (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102309)

khabboub 08-26-2010 09:40 PM

so did they get pictures of the tail lights?

myold88 08-26-2010 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libertyforall1776 (Post 2265913)
You know, what is this nonsense about B Pillars needed for safety coupes?! No convertible will have them, so what a lame excuse to have them...

Agreed. Nothing would look better than a true "hardtop- (sans the B pillar). Since the new convertable unibody has been totally reinforcded, I asked Scott (fbodfather) about this and he said it was not going to happen. The biggest difference between the first Camaro concept show cars and the production cars is the B pillar. A true 2 door hardtop would be fantastic. I don't want the convertable but I would trade my Camaro in for a new one if they kept true to the original concept Camaro.

Dylan 08-26-2010 09:56 PM

Nice "first post" "EastCoastHD."

SILVER BULLITT 08-26-2010 10:29 PM

the convertibles are fuggggllllyyyyyyy

HARDTOP FTW

Jake 08-26-2010 10:33 PM

I completely agree!!!

The 69 hardtop and convertibles were true "Open-Air Coupes" with a C-Pillar and as a result both have superb side and rear view visibility.

"Open-Air Coupe" meaning that if you have all four side windows down, and the sunroof open, in many ways it feels like you are in a convertible.

The B Pillars on the current hardtop almost completely destroy the huge side and rear view advantage you get with a C-Pillar. The supreme irony is that Chevy tries so make the "B-Pillar" look aesthetically like a "C-Pillar" by camouflaging the "B-Pillar."

This of course means the upcoming convertible will be much more similar to the "Original" in looks and feel...

Quote:

You know, what is this nonsense about B Pillars needed for safety coupes?! No convertible will have them, so what a lame excuse to have them...

Dan@showstopper 08-26-2010 10:35 PM

I like it. GM will sell a ton of these.

CamaroBeau 08-26-2010 10:44 PM

Those were awesome pics!!!! :coolpics::coolpics:

Drakedragon1315 08-26-2010 11:49 PM

I agree 100%, hard top would be awesome!

lil_red_v6 08-26-2010 11:53 PM

i wish there were t tops

nWo4Life 08-27-2010 12:30 AM

good pics. honestly not a huge fan of the look of those.... just not vibing it. if they were hard top though, that might be a diff story.

camaro 1LT dude 08-27-2010 12:39 AM

great shots thanks they look cooler than the mustang v6 :Whoa5thGenSmall:

Mick 08-27-2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libertyforall1776 (Post 2265952)
Give me a break, 95% of the time I drive my 'Vert. the top is down anyways -- looks AWESOME top down! Top up is mostly for rain or crappy weather...

Exactly!!! I have a Miata that only comes out for top down driving. If its raining or cold I take my truck. Can't wait to place my order for the Camaro ragtop!

Ramonesfiend 08-27-2010 10:30 AM

My dad and I have had many conversations on how companies that produce a coupe and convertible should just ONLY make a hardtop convertible. He specifically aims it to the new Camaro, Mustang, and BMW 1 and 3 series. He always brings up, yeah it'd be a bit more expensive but it'd give everyone exactly what they wanted, either a coupe or a convertible. He specifically sights Volvo doing the right thing with the c70 just giving one option and now it's cheaper then the old c70 convertibles and only marginally more expensive then the old c70 coupe. I just felt like throwing that out since I see a lot of people saying it'd be better as a hardtop instead of a ragtop.

bkwagonss 08-27-2010 10:50 AM

I wonder how long ago these pictures were taken.
The cars might have been heading for the deciples meeting that just took place.

I have a red car with the beige interior. I like it a lot and the tan convertible top would have been my choice if I had been able to get a convertible back when I got my coupe.
I also like the look of the white car with the tan top, which I also would have gotten with the beige interior.

I hope the convertibles sell well, it looks like not too many like them.
I would love to be able to trade my coupe in on the new convertible, but I'd probable take a big loss on the trade-in and the convertible would be at least $5000 more than the coupe.

RafCon 08-27-2010 11:20 AM

I like them and these pictures are great! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait! I know one thing, there won't be many "blindspots" with the top down!

2001ragtop 08-27-2010 12:22 PM

The Rag-top Camaros will disappear from the dealerships just as fast as they arrive. Most people don't buy them because they are Camaro enthusiasts. a 2011 Camaro convertible is more of a status symbol. or like an accessory. hey look at me i have a convertible camaro! non-enthusiasts just see it as another toy.

stand-al0ne 08-27-2010 12:38 PM

Black vert w/ black top should look ok with top up. It'll be the least offensive vert color combo

That said, these will look hot with the top down. (well, should)

They would not be enough for me to gravitate away from my coupe. But then again I feel they are targeting another customer with these verts.

I said vert alot in my short post. Vert!

fbodfather 08-27-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epstein (Post 2260292)
Prolly Look Tits to the Nines ...with top down......

Definitely looks like Ass with top up.....

:facepalm:

........lest we forget:

>first shot of white Camaro in garage in Australia -- people threw up and the world was coming to an end.

>First shots of SS front fascia -- people wanted to pillage............

>First shots of cars with B-pillar..........let's behead the Camaro Team..............

...........perhaps it's appropriate to see the cars in person first --

(...just sayin' .....)

.................AND -- you might want to ask the Disciples what they thought of the convertible - top up and top down....from an appearance standpoint.

One last thing: Those are not 'production' roofs - there have been changes as the Team wants the tops to look 'perfect' - -

None of those cars are CTF units - they're much earlier units. (......and yes, they'll meet a rather 'unfortunate' end...)

fbodfather 08-27-2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

MCE-- Mid Cycle Enhancement -

Actually, it isn't nonsense.

Please keep in mind that the Camaro Team feels just as passionately - if not more so - -than the people on this site. If we were able to remove the B pillar on the coupe (reasonable price ) we would have - BUT:

>In order to do so, you would have to do some serious reinforcement - that not only adds weight - but some serious cost as well.........we wanted the new Camaro to be affordable - and I think we accomplished that.

>Weight seems to be an issue for a lot of people. It certainly is for the team as weight is an enemy of fuel economy -- and we all know that the U.S. Government has legislated some pretty stiff numbers that we have to hit......

I don't think anyone would disagree that a car without the B-pillar is more desirable - however, it's not in the cards --

Some have mentioned on this thread their desire to see a 'hardtop' -- and there are some issues that prevent that as well - -one being weight - the other: Where do you 'stash' all of that metal from the roof?

I think you're going to be most pleasantly surprised when you see the finished product - and blown away when you drive one.

Oh ye of little faith! - Please trust me.......

SILVER BULLITT 08-27-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro 1LT dude (Post 2266854)
great shots thanks they look cooler than the mustang v6 :Whoa5thGenSmall:

ok i have to agree with that ...... but still