Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Steve's Silver 2SS/RS 6 Speed [COTW 1/9/11] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105065)

Silver2SSRS6spd 09-30-2010 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010 2-Tone (Post 2387499)
Wow, That ride is looking good!!!! Can we get some better outdoor shots of the stance of the car?

Thanks, going to take the outdoor shots today after the alignment.

Silver2SSRS6spd 09-30-2010 06:14 PM

9 Attachment(s)
More pictures, don't forget to rate this page.

Silver2SSRS6spd 10-02-2010 09:08 PM

Guys, check out my suspension cam from today's Auto-X event. I have aftermarket front and rear sways, lowering springs, sub frame connectors and trailing arms. That one rear end bushing sure moves a lot. I need to upgrade it big time. Note the movement on the stock tires, they were filled at 39 PSI, I'm going to go with 40 PSI tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFfRUoq_RYw

guiLT 10-02-2010 09:29 PM

WOw. Nice build!

Silver2SSRS6spd 10-05-2010 08:00 AM

Just purchased the Spohn Polyurethane Bushing Kit for Rear Differential to Rear Cradle Mounts. This should make a big difference in the rear. I will post some before and after videos.

Silver2SSRS6spd 10-05-2010 08:06 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Autocross event in Santa Clara this last weekend. The car performed very well.

Silver2SSRS6spd 10-09-2010 08:00 PM

BMR Fabrication Review:

I have the strut brace, driveshaft safety loop, subframe connectors and lowering springs.

I will start out by saying that I'm very disappointed with the BMR customer service. It takes forever if you are lucky enough to get a response to a technical question email. The springs did not come with instructions so I had to use the PFADT instructions. The subframe connectors only work with their tunnel brace, unless you are able to modify your OEM or aftermarket one. There was no mention of the tunnel brace fit until after I ordered it and they offered to sell me theirs. Theirs looks good if you haven't already purchased one from another vendor. I was able to make mine work after cutting it down with my chop saw. You don't want to have to cut it by hand. I pulled the strut brace off after I noticed that the collars were shifting all over the place when turning the steering wheel after installed. I went back to stock and sent two emails and a couple of calls for technical assistance over a week ago and have yet to hear back. The spring kit was missing two parts, BMR did ship them out to me right away after I was able to contact them for those the first day of install.

BMR has some nice items, I doubt that I will be a future customer again because of their poor customer service.

My reviews on the items I purchased.

The springs dropped my car nicely and I'm happy with them. There are no noises coming from them.

The subframe connectors installed ok after I modified the tunnel brace. I would recommend that you purchase one from them for correct fit if you choose to go that rout. Most including vendors will tell you that our cars don't need them. I auto-x my car and want all the stiffness that I can get. Hard to say if they help me since I didn't take before and after videos. I would be glad to take some after video of any portion of the underside of the car for those who would like to compare before and after results.

The strut tower was removed as noted below. It looks great, just don't think or know if the fastener rings should move like that and I don't want to take that chance since my car gets driven really hard through the auto-x courses.

The drive shaft safety loop looks heavy duty. You will need one of these if you plan on running sub 13s in the quarter mile. The install is a bit tough with the exhaust in the way, but doable with patience.

Silver2SSRS6spd 10-10-2010 11:09 PM

Ran my first SCCA autocross event today. The course was tougher then the AAS courses I have run, but not as tight as I expected it to be.

Silver2SSRS6spd 10-12-2010 07:30 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Some pictures from last Sunday's autocross event.

Silver2SSRS6spd 10-12-2010 09:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
More autocross pictures

JMAC2011 10-17-2010 03:24 PM

Car looks good! Our cars look nearly identical. It is cool to see someone else with the Hockey Stick stripes. Sorry to hear about all of your problems with the BMR stuff. I am taking my car in the same intended direction as yours. I'm looking into using the Pfadt components or the Pedders stuff. What size drag radials did you put on the car and what were your 60ft times like? If you get a moment check out my journal on the Mongoose - I just started it this weekend.

Silver2SSRS6spd 10-17-2010 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMAC2011 (Post 2452130)
Car looks good! Our cars look nearly identical. It is cool to see someone else with the Hockey Stick stripes. Sorry to hear about all of your problems with the BMR stuff. I am taking my car in the same intended direction as yours. I'm looking into using the Pfadt components or the Pedders stuff. What size drag radials did you put on the car and what were your 60ft times like? If you get a moment check out my journal on the Mongoose - I just started it this weekend.

Thanks, the tire size is 275/40-20 and they need to be heated up before running otherwise they will spin too. I'm off to check out your journal.

Mindz 10-17-2010 11:27 PM

Nice pics of your runs Steve. Gotta upload the gopro videos too though.

Keep up the good work and eventually I'd love to head to a track and run with ya.

:thumbsup:

mcotton 10-17-2010 11:37 PM

Steve,

Wow your car looks great. Keep us up-to-date with the upgrade on the mods. What engine mods are you looking to do?