Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Borla Exhaust/Header offering for Camaro (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11353)

josh1147 01-06-2009 01:30 PM

Borla Exhaust/Header offering for Camaro

Folks,

So there have been multiple threads regarding what the aftermarket will be providing for us "Camaro-nuts". I decided that instead of just hypothesizing about it, we should get some concrete details.

This is the FIRST of several aftermarket threads that I am planning to post and provide the details I am able to get from reputable sources. Feel free to sit back and enjoy....oh and don't shoot the messenger if I post something you don't like.

Remember, these folks don't have to talk to me or anyone else....just like the folks at GM, GMPP, Oshawa, and elsewhere. Play nice! :paddle:

The following data comes from David Borla, Sales/Marketing Mngr, for Borla.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 11:27 AM
To: Josh (home)
Cc: DON COZZA; ALYSE BORLA

Hi Josh,

Yes, we will be offering both long tube headers (which are for the track only and are not legal for highway use) and "shorty" headers which are street legal. We will also have complete cat-backs available at two different sound levels.

Thanks for the heads up on camaro5.

Cheers,

------------------------------------
Borla Performance Industries
DAVID BORLA
Sales/Marketing Manager

Sizzox 01-06-2009 01:39 PM

Cool good news way to go out and ask to the top of the chain for real answers

NAHURRY 01-06-2009 02:01 PM

josh 1147, thats a great idea, makes the search for performanc alot easier.

:clap::thumbup::chevy:

Xanthos 01-06-2009 03:28 PM

Is this for the V6 or the V8? Sounds to me like another V8 only set of headers - in which case this is probably the wrong section for this thread.
- Xanthos

ArcAngel 01-06-2009 04:03 PM

is this for the 6 and 8?

Xanthos 01-06-2009 04:06 PM

Don't get me wrong - if those are headers for the 6 I would probably buy a set the day I get the car. But I highly doubt they are.
- Xanthos

Badger 01-06-2009 05:27 PM

:word:

Badger 01-06-2009 05:32 PM

If I'm not mistaken Borla is making the shorties and the cat back for the V8...Corsa used to but got too expensive for GM. go figure. no flames if I'm wrong:yikes:

CamaroSpike23 01-06-2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanthosV6 (Post 236227)
Don't get me wrong - if those are headers for the 6 I would probably buy a set the day I get the car. But I highly doubt they are.
- Xanthos

some one will make you some headers man. :thumbup:

tho, I would imagine the catbacks will be interchangeable

Xanthos 01-06-2009 07:59 PM

Yeah, though I was planning on going flowmaster for my mufflers and whatnot - like the sound better.

Flowmaster mufflers, Magnaflow cats, and whatever headers I can get - the longer the better, if I can keep them emissions compliant.
- Xanthos

Mr Twisty 01-06-2009 08:31 PM

Xanthos, Okla doesn't enforce emissions. Are you the guy that lives in Wichita Falls?

Xanthos 01-06-2009 08:41 PM

No, I live in OKC. The reason why I want it to stay emissions compliant is that I have a feeling Oklahoma will bring back the emissions test within the next 5-10 years or so - and since I plan on keeping this car for a long time, I don't want to have to get new headers/redo my exhaust if they bring the test back...
- Xanthos

josh1147 01-07-2009 12:11 PM

I highly doubt they would make it a "retro-active" emissions requirement. Government doesn't normally do that kind of environmentally smart thing...especially in an oil state like OK.

I think you'd be fine doing whatever you want....but again, that is just my opinion and doesn't count for much :iono:

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanthosV6 (Post 236592)
No, I live in OKC. The reason why I want it to stay emissions compliant is that I have a feeling Oklahoma will bring back the emissions test within the next 5-10 years or so - and since I plan on keeping this car for a long time, I don't want to have to get new headers/redo my exhaust if they bring the test back...
- Xanthos

Xanthos 01-07-2009 01:50 PM

Who said anything about changing the requirements?

I'm just talking about bringing the inspection back. If they do that, it still has to be 2010 MY emissions compliant.
- Xanthos