Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Body work quote (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147182)

keving2873 05-14-2011 11:13 AM

Body work quote

So I talked with a shop about fixing a dent/scratch on my car as well as doing a general look over to patch up the little chips here-and-there. They say they use factory paint and they were recommended by the local Chevy dealership.

I was quoted about $375-$400 to take care of the dent/scratch and work over the other small chips that they find. Does this sound reasonable to people? I don't mind paying I just want to make sure I'm not paying too much. The dent is only the size of about a quarter and the scratch that is with the dent is about half a finger nail. Basically its a door ding :mad0259:

keving2873 05-17-2011 09:12 PM

Bump.

Need some help from people that have done the work and if they think this is a reasonable quote.

Thanks,

Adam's Polishes 05-17-2011 09:39 PM

Hard to say, when you mention 'other small chips they find' how many are we talking? 1? 2? 3? 100?

Thats a tad steep for just a dent and scratch removal compared to what I've paid in the past, but if they're fixing a number of chips and other small defects then the price makes sense.

bob vogel 05-17-2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams (Post 3232798)
Hard to say, when you mention 'other small chips they find' how many are we talking? 1? 2? 3? 100?

Thats a tad steep for just a dent and scratch removal compared to what I've paid in the past, but if they're fixing a number of chips and other small defects then the price makes sense.

+1 . i paid 125.00 to remove a dent the size of nickel. now no one can tell it was there

keving2873 05-19-2011 05:38 PM

There are maybe a dozen other small chips but they are the ones that almost everyone gets that are right in front of the rear tires on the gills.

It seemed a bit steep to me but I have never had this type of work done so I wasn't sure.

SS Drifter 05-23-2011 12:56 AM

Sounds fair by Californa prices. Im paying $125 from painless dent removal of three small dents. The chips a are another story, I think my entire car needs repainting with a decent quality paint. Look at the thing wrong and it chips. This is my 25th car (give or take a couple) and it chips easier than anything I've ever owned.

SummoneR 05-23-2011 01:51 AM

I was quoted $600 to fill holes and scratches on my bumper and have it repainted. If they are not actually spraying and clearing hat could be a little high. I was quoted $100 to have a paint-less dent removed and all the gill (rear lower quarter panel) chips i have filled.