Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Camaros EVERYWHERE (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153717)

Zachary Hendrix 06-19-2011 01:39 PM

Camaros EVERYWHERE

So I had to drop my girlfriend off at Cool Springs Galleria - TN.. And I saw 5 Camaros on the way there, THEN I noticed 4 at the mall and 2 on my way back (not to mention I met a friend I had raced with a 300zx twin turbos - I lost...) Our car is everywhere. I also noticed that they were ALL V6's. Welcome LLT members, and sorry V8's! Camaros in IOM, RJT, CGM, and then my RY. Camaros are everywhere...for better or worse.

Revo1 06-19-2011 01:42 PM

Drive with your eyes closed. :laugh:

TJ91 06-19-2011 01:45 PM

i cant imagine owning the car if I saw that many in a day. Luckily in Canada, there arent too many out there. After 3 years on the market, you only see max about 2 a day and that just began last week.
Camaros are priced quite high over here which is why theyre a little more rare, teamed with the fact that everyone loves imports here which is stupid but better if you want your car to be more rare.

Thats why you get to customize your car though! 90% of camaros friends and family see are visually stock, unlike mine so it keeps me happy :D

mikeSS 06-19-2011 01:53 PM

i am kind of mad about this kind of stuff plus the fact that they are all v6s show that people do not even care about performance anymore, they just want to have a camaro and say they have one. but really what do you expect when buying a mustang or camaro. i don't even drive my camaro that much any more, so i am starting not to care.

Zachary Hendrix 06-19-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeSS (Post 3358363)
i am kind of mad about this kind of stuff plus the fact that they are all v6s show that people do not even care about performance anymore, they just want to have a camaro and say they have one. but really what do you expect when buying a mustang or camaro. i don't even drive my camaro that much any more, so i am starting not to care.

I forbid you to not care! Your posts are everywhere and are usually funny. You must love your Camaro and stay with the forum. You guys have to be SSholes and pick on you "little brothers" or you will be deprived of your joy and purpose.

tmac1granger33 06-19-2011 02:03 PM

v6 or v8 it does kinda suck, i will get flamed but, i personally think it suck @ss when you see 5 of the same car as yours when you go through town, granted mine is customized and does not look like none in my town, besides the damn old lady with a RJT 1lt who copied my razzi kit :mad0260: really hard to stay original where im from... people see and want and you get copied

Zachary Hendrix 06-19-2011 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmac1granger33 (Post 3358393)
v6 or v8 it does kinda suck, i will get flamed but, i personally think it suck @ss when you see 5 of the same car as yours when you go through town, granted mine is customized and does not look like none in my town, besides the damn old lady with a RJT 1lt who copied my razzi kit :mad0260: really hard to stay original where im from... people see and want and you get copied

I agree, there's a 60* year old woman with my exact car... I am going to have to funnel some money into a new hood, razzi sideskirts, chin spoiler, and OEM rear GFX... But then again I have $2,000 into performance planned this summer.

TJ91 06-19-2011 02:09 PM

yeah, here everyone gets what they see, any mod you do, they do so customizing can be hard!

And for the V6/V8 argument that got brought into this is just lame, has nothing to do with it. Camaros are affordable period. If you wanted real performance, shouldve went with the vette.

Mick 06-19-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Just 'cause I have a V6 doesn't mean I don't care about performance. My V6 has more horsepower than most of the V8s that have been offered in Camaros through the last 45 years. I don't have to be the fastest thing on the streets, but the performance of the V6 was very important in my decision to get my Camaro with that engine. I'm not trying to win the NHRA Nationals and the slight difference in 0-60 times between the two engines is immaterial on a daily basis. They both have the same top speed of 155 too, V6 or V8.

brAnd7onX 06-19-2011 02:24 PM

Quote:

$22,000 312hp V6 and they dont care about performance? And I bet you would start caring more if you actually paid for your car. Just saying...

EastBayBossMan 06-19-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Actually roughly 50% of Camaros sold are SSs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, someone.

Ladybugsmom 06-19-2011 02:28 PM

Maybe in the PNW, Camaros are all garage queens like Ladybug is, because I didn't see a single one yesterday when it rained all day. I was in my SUV, running errands nearly all day, and not even ONE Camaro....
Even when the sun is out, I've never seen more than 4 or 5 a day.

IBM 06-19-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastBayBossMan (Post 3358446)
Actually roughly 50% of Camaros sold are SSs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, someone.

I think it's more like 2/3rds of the camaros sold now are v6s.