Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Should have hit the deer (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168384)

trooper182 08-30-2011 07:20 PM

Should have hit the deer

6 Attachment(s)
Soo I was driving on post on Ft. Sill and had a dear run out in front of me. Swerved to miss it but the rear end slid out and hit gravel and ended up going through a bob-wire fence. Yea I am soo pi%$ed. Have to take the car into the shop tomorrow to get an estimate and start the process of hopefully getting it fixed. Has a lot of damage. The whole car will need to be repainted. The bob-wire scraped every side of the car. This is so messed up. To top it off insurance said I should have hit the dear because then it would be a no fault accident but since i swerved its considered my fault. FML

Nightfall 08-30-2011 07:23 PM

Your INS is blaiming you cause you tryed to AVOID the deer? I think i know why cause when you wack one they can total it now they cant. More money out there pockets CHEAP BASTEREDS. :mad0260:. They would rather have you total your car then pay to have it fixed. Sucks they screwing you like that my advice. FIND NEW CAR INS. Thats ugly I HOPE YOU GET HER FIXED ASAP

Caspers2SSRS 08-30-2011 07:25 PM

Ouch! Sorry to see the carnage........and she'll be better than new before long.

Rage 08-30-2011 07:28 PM

Fight it... I nearly totalled my car avoiding a deer... went for the guard rail instead. Had the entire driver side of my car replaced. $9000. Insurance did not go up because I avoided a deer. Maybe its a NJ thing...:iono:

squat 08-30-2011 07:35 PM

Isn't it barbed-wire fence?

Anyways, that's a lot of damage. The good news is that you'll get her fixed and have her back good as new. Sorry to hear that.

DavidRS 08-30-2011 07:35 PM

I have hit 2 deer in last few years, the insurance told me that if I hit the deer and did not wreck the damage is covered by comprehensive part of the policy. This usally has a low or no deductible. If you wreck because of the deer it covered by collision which may have a higher deductible.

HookemHorns 08-30-2011 07:39 PM

Sorry for the accident...

IBM 08-30-2011 07:42 PM

I smell Sunrise Gold in your future?

suplex 08-30-2011 07:43 PM

I honestly think hitting the deer would have done less damage to your car. I cringed when I saw the back end of your car and that the shark fin antenna broke as well. Hitting the deer would have probably just damaged the front end pretty bad.

I'm just glad you're OK and I wish you all the best with your repairs.

trooper182 08-30-2011 07:53 PM

thanks for all your support. yea i am ok, just real ticked. So as far as repainting goes, do I have to repaint it the same color or is that more my choice? Yea this is being covered under "collision" so i will have to pay the 500 deductible. i have usaa insurance. they have always been good to me. just wondering what the full damage will be

NFERGY 2011 RJT 08-30-2011 07:58 PM

sorry about the car, next time go deer hunting

IBM 08-30-2011 08:06 PM

Well if youre literally repainting the whole car, I don't see why you couldn't do a different color that would be the same price, but i'm no expert.

Sterling 08-30-2011 08:13 PM

Wow... it really hurts to look at that. Glad you are okay.
I've heard it called bob-wire too... people in some parts of the country have bastardized the word. I kinda like it when it's said that way.

2SS BUMBLBE 08-30-2011 08:16 PM

Ow ow ow ow ow...