Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chevy Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   2010 Camaro SS or a used Corvette C6 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18545)

Devil-eyes 04-14-2009 01:48 PM

2010 Camaro SS or a used Corvette C6

i love both cars but i love the corvette. which one u guys would get? i would like to either get a brand new 1SS with RS package or a used C6 with low miles.
which car u think will make me happier in the long run? im gonna be going to drag strips every month and might take it around a speedway as well. i want comfort handling and looks which they both got. i dont really need the rear seats but they could come handy sometimes, but 2 seater works fine.

which car would you think is better?

btw if i get a C6 it would be a 2 yr. old one with low miles so it be about the same price as a new SS

rolnslo 04-14-2009 01:52 PM

If it were me and I didn't need the rear seats, I'd get the Corvette. In the long run, it's going to hold its value better than the Camaro will.

But its your decision...

Euro Kid 04-14-2009 01:54 PM

The Corvette is still a classic and will be for a long long time.

The Camaro will just be another Mustang in 6 months, and I'm being generous on that month estimate.

Go with the Vette.

snizzle 04-14-2009 01:55 PM

If the reviews are all correct, you don't get back seats in the Camaro either.

nester7929 04-14-2009 01:56 PM

Yeah, but those backseats make for good storage space, which is something you ain't getting in the Corvette.

Devil-eyes 04-14-2009 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snizzle (Post 405097)

Camaro def comes with back seats.

if i had a choice i would go with the Corvette but im just leaning more towards the Camaro cause its a brand new car and im gonna be the first owner but on the other hand i can get a Vette which is basically better in every aspect but the Camaro is like a new breed so i really dont know. either way im getting a :chevy:

themossman 04-14-2009 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snizzle (Post 405097)

Pffft...I'm not going to take it on road trips...but the the kids can suffer in the back seat on the way to dinner every once and awhile.

There's a big difference between 'uncomfortable' seats and non-existent seats.

ZYAL8R 04-14-2009 01:59 PM

Corvettes haven't stopped being produced in the past several years, but the Camaro has. That's why I want one. They were a fresh concept, but now they are REAL.

Corvette are still wayyy cool, but the new Camaro is starting a new era and generation.

snizzle 04-14-2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nester7929 (Post 405100)
Yeah, but those backseats make for good storage space, which is something you ain't getting in the Corvette.

The storage space is great but I wouldn't want to put anyone over the age of 5 back there.

SS22 04-14-2009 02:07 PM

I had this dilema with a used 97 Nassau blue C5. Alot less money. Alot less practicle though.

Hooy 04-14-2009 02:12 PM

I'm getting a Camaro because:

As my daily driver, I need the extra space and rear seats (I don't care how uncomfortable my passengers are, to be honest)

You only get one chance to be one of the first owners of a brand new car. Maybe I'll get a used Vette later on - they'll still be around... as used Corvettes.

SGOS252382 04-14-2009 02:28 PM

I also thought hard about a used C6 Vette. My neighbor (a good friend of mine), just bought a used C6 Vette. Its a beautiful car.

But for some weird reason I don't want to be a "corvette guy." I don't know if that's weird or if anyone else feels that way.

I don't mind driving a "muscle car" but driving a corvette bothers me for some weird reason.

TT C6 04-14-2009 02:48 PM

If you want a performance coupe, you are crazy to buy a Camaro instead of locating a deal on new, no-option C6 or used C6/C5.

If people are HONEST with themselves, the only 2 reasons to get the Camaro over a C6/C5 are the rear seats and the taller design that offers easier ingress/egress and a more upright seating position.
If you need either, buy a Camaro or G8. They are both GREAT CARS
I prefer the looks of the Camaro, but the G8 offers four doors and more utility for almost the same weight of the Camaro.
I am desperately looking for a performance advantage offered by the Camaro that would warrant giving up the four doors and utility of the G8.

snizzle 04-14-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGOS252382 (Post 405188)
I also thought hard about a used C6 Vette. My neighbor (a good friend of mine), just bought a used C6 Vette. Its a beautiful car.

But for some weird reason I don't want to be a "corvette guy." I don't know if that's weird or if anyone else feels that way.

I don't mind driving a "muscle car" but driving a corvette bothers me for some weird reason.

Unfortunately, either way you'll end up at the back end of a stupid stereotype.