Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Great Lakes (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Attention: Central Illinois C5ers (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226835)

fastfreddie 12-30-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atma (Post 7297043)
Roads here in Champaign are pretty decent. just had the car out for a bit and put her back in the garage... wheels are still clean.

Good for you! I just sit in the garage and stare at Inferno.

HA HA, just noticed this was my 656th post. Ironically the exact number Inferno dyno'd at after the latest mods. :smiling1:

Big Kid 12-31-2013 07:28 PM

Party safe this New Years Eve and we will see all of you in 2014!!!!!!

fastfreddie 01-24-2014 10:30 PM

I know it's freaking cold outside, but I'm setting around dreaming about getting Inferno out of the garage. With that, thought I would ask if anyone here in the central part of the frozen tundra is considering CamaroFest in May?

SSMKNU2 01-25-2014 07:18 AM

The one in Texas right? As much as I'd love to go thats gonna be to far of a drive for me. I get bored after 3 hours lol

Big Kid 01-25-2014 11:06 AM

I totally understand why the Texas group were upset about Camaro5fest being held in Indy 2 years in a row. And would really like to make the trip, but the first part of May is not good for me. In fact the whole month of May is bad for me.

fastfreddie 01-25-2014 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSMKNU2 (Post 7366508)
The one in Texas right? As much as I'd love to go thats gonna be to far of a drive for me. I get bored after 3 hours lol

Agree, it's a long haul from Illinois but with a Camarovan, it could be a fun trip. I'm more concerned about the weather than the distance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by operator965 (Post 7366921)
I totally understand why the Texas group were upset about Camaro5fest being held in Indy 2 years in a row. And would really like to make the trip, but the first part of May is not good for me. In fact the whole month of May is bad for me.

Aren't you retired? How can a whole month be bad? :biggrin:

Big Kid 01-25-2014 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastfreddie (Post 7368040)
Agree, it's a long haul from Illinois but with a Camarovan, it could be a fun trip. I'm more concerned about the weather than the distance.

Aren't you retired? How can a whole month be bad? :biggrin:

You will learn, when you are retired, someone always has plans for things for you to do.:frusty: LOL
With 9 grandkids the end of the school year is busy!!!

I'm still hoping to make the Twin City Cruise this coming summer!!!:pop2:

atma 01-26-2014 12:04 PM

as of right now, I'm planning on going. I have a hotel room reserved and unless something comes up, I'll be there. Are you planning on doing the whole trip straight through or maybe stopping oin Memphis for a night or something like that?

fastfreddie 01-27-2014 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atma (Post 7369274)
as of right now, I'm planning on going. I have a hotel room reserved and unless something comes up, I'll be there. Are you planning on doing the whole trip straight through or maybe stopping oin Memphis for a night or something like that?

I'm too old to make the trip straight through. Looks like Little Rock or Memphis might be a good places to stop. Just depends on departure time and route. My reservations are from Thursday to Sunday so I'd probably leave early Wednesday morning or noon at the latest. Just my thoughts at this time.

Yeti 01-28-2014 07:04 PM

I really would like to go but, with work it is impossible to say what I will be doing then.

fastfreddie 01-29-2014 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastfreddie (Post 7371868)
I'm too old to make the trip straight through. Looks like Little Rock or Memphis might be a good places to stop. Just depends on departure time and route. My reservations are from Thursday to Sunday so I'd probably leave early Wednesday morning or noon at the latest. Just my thoughts at this time.

I'll add that If I can get a truck in the next couple of months, I'm going to consider trailering my car down there. The weather is going to be a major factor on my decision. The month of May can be iffy here. Between here and there, the possiblilty of spring T-Storms with hail is high.

I know, I'm paranoid.....

Big Kid 01-29-2014 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastfreddie (Post 7378484)
I'll add that If I can get a truck in the next couple of months, I'm going to consider trailering my car down there. The weather is going to be a major factor on my decision. The month of May can be iffy here. Between here and there, the possiblilty of spring T-Storms with hail is high.

I know, I'm paranoid.....

I'm heart broken...............:love:
Inferno a "Trailer Queen":thumbdown:

What's the world coming to?????:frusty:

atma 01-29-2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by operator965 (Post 7379606)

haha, indeed. with the right company, the ride is half the fun :thumb:

SSMKNU2 01-29-2014 07:45 PM

I'd probably not go somewhere before I'd ever trailer my car. Only way she's going on a trailer is if I'm taking it to the track and I've got slicks on it.

Yeti 01-30-2014 12:54 AM

Not sure if you'll get this..... YOLO. Drive that thing and enjoy it. She a beast and you are not going to live forever so, enjoy it while you can.

fastfreddie 01-30-2014 07:34 AM

Quote:

:iono: Not feelin' the love here, Jim. Hoping the weather will be decent enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by atma (Post 7379619)
haha, indeed. with the right company, the ride is half the fun :thumb:

:bonk: Agree....what was I thinking!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSMKNU2 (Post 7379631)
I'd probably not go somewhere before I'd ever trailer my car. Only way she's going on a trailer is if I'm taking it to the track and I've got slicks on it.

:drool: Slicks.......great idea!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeti (Post 7380374)
Not sure if you'll get this..... YOLO. Drive that thing and enjoy it. She a beast and you are not going to live forever so, enjoy it while you can.

:thumbsup: Got it....You Only Live Once. I plan to put more miles on my car this year than I have the last two.

milesss 01-30-2014 09:49 AM

Quote:

That is worse than being in a museum....:lol:

atma 01-30-2014 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milesss (Post 7380945)
That is worse than being in a museum....:lol:

:clap2: well done, sir

fastfreddie 01-30-2014 05:52 PM

:doh: Alright Alright Alright....I'll never mention the word "trailer" again.

I'll just not tell you guys. :lol:

Jayrcr3 01-30-2014 06:08 PM

I thought all Camaro owners lived in trailers. Did I miss something? He he.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Yeti 02-18-2014 11:44 PM

Okay..... I enjoy the snow very much, snowmobiles and quads fun times, but going from a daily driver to never driving the camaro sucks. I think I am going through withdrawals. Spring get here!

Big Kid 02-19-2014 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeti (Post 7432668)
Okay..... I enjoy the snow very much, snowmobiles and quads fun times, but going from a daily driver to never driving the camaro sucks. I think I am going through withdrawals. Spring get here!

I'm with you!!! :thumbsup:I think, while it's warm today, I'll fire up "Riddler" and just set in it for a while!!!!:popcorn:

lawdog 02-19-2014 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastfreddie (Post 7382239)
:doh: Alright Alright Alright....I'll never mention the word "trailer" again.

I'll just not tell you guys. :lol:

Music to my ears, (inside joke) hehe

millatime84 02-19-2014 07:47 PM

Hello All - I'm Mark, just picked a 2010 2ss IOM/IOM. I look forward to meeting and seeing some of your cars. I plan on attending a few of the twin city car shows. I went to a couple with my WH G8 GXP. I can't wait for the roads to clean off and take the car out. Currently the car has full exhaust but looking to change it up as it is a bit.(kooks lt -3inch spintech)
Not sure I'm a fan of it and would prefer a catted system.

SSMKNU2 02-19-2014 07:53 PM

Welcome!