Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Why do the seats not have memory? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266348)

camarored97 12-17-2012 02:30 PM

Why do the seats not have memory?

Seriously, it is just a personal complaint of mine but the tech has been around forever. To place anyone in the back seat without dragging their feet on the back of the seat you need to move the seat forward and release it. Problem? Yes!! Then I have to find that "ow so" sweet spot to drive, right until I have to let the person out and start the process all over again that is. I would have been awesome to put a memory button next to the seat controls and have it return to the exact place.

CamaroSkooter 12-17-2012 02:32 PM

Because seats are inanimate objects... :iono:

nyrfan 12-17-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter (Post 5927290)
Because seats are inanimate objects... :iono:

:laugh::laugh:

Ject 12-17-2012 02:35 PM

this is why I have them get in the passenger side.

CamaroSkooter 12-17-2012 02:35 PM

I'm sorry, I had to. :D

I don't drive a Cadillac, I drive a Chevy Camaro. I honestly would rather not have programmable seats because that's just one more random electronic device that requires R&D and possibly adds weight to the car. You may say, "what's another pound of weight?" but to that I would say, "That's why these cars are already so heavy!"

SPCBA 12-17-2012 02:41 PM

Cost, that's why.

Everyone always has something they want added that very few others would. The cost would skyrocket if they implemented all of them. Skooter makes a great point, not only would cost jump but weight.

PalmerGA 12-17-2012 02:42 PM

I suppose it would be a nice feature, but I've never had it... don't miss it. :iono:

oachalon 12-17-2012 02:44 PM

I would think the cost and weight would be very minimal. The seats are already power, they already have a module, and that module already knows what the position of the seat is for safety reasons.

All it would really take is programming the module and adding the memory buttons. I would say if the module didn't already exist and the car didn't know the position of the seat, then it would add weight and a lot of cost but the car already has this.

kostnkost 12-17-2012 02:50 PM

The driver seat has memory on my '13. It remembers every time how I sit as nobody else touches my car:paddle:

AdamZ 12-17-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kostnkost (Post 5927365)
The driver seat has memory on my '13. It remembers every time how I sit as nobody else touches my car:paddle:

True that :paddle:

thino 12-17-2012 03:02 PM

shouldnt need memory. one driver one seat position. :) nothing to change

RickGM 12-17-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camarored97 (Post 5927284)
Seriously, it is just a personal complaint of mine but the tech has been around forever. To place anyone in the back seat without dragging their feet on the back of the seat you need to move the seat forward and release it. Problem? Yes!! Then I have to find that "ow so" sweet spot to drive, right until I have to let the person out and start the process all over again that is. I would have been awesome to put a memory button next to the seat controls and have it return to the exact place.

I'm with you on this. The car is loaded with "extras" and I can't believe memory seats isn't one of them. If the seat is moved for any reason (accidentally, service guy, friend driving etc) it takes me ages to feel comfortable again.
Pretty sure weight would be insignificant and cost quite minimal. Motors would be the expensive part and they are already there.

sspolo 12-17-2012 03:57 PM

One of my friends has a MB (don't know the model) its either 06 or 08 and it has so many features that I wonder why can't a Camaro 10-13 can't have? Sure the Camaro has power that the MB doesn't and its set for a different market, but why not make it a bit comfortable?
Like oachalon said, the car already has certain modules which could probably be modified to add certain features.
Anyways, I don't know why I complain if I don't have a Camaro yet...

erik13 12-17-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kostnkost (Post 5927365)

Yeah but how about when I wake up and my GF has taken my car for a ride??:(