Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Small Paint chip repair question (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303361)

rjuarez 06-22-2013 11:51 AM

Small Paint chip repair question

My 1 le is my everyday driver and I am on the highway 70 percent of the time. I ended up getting a vet small chip hardly noticeable but I want to fix. Anyone have any experience with small chip repair? I saw a commercial for ez paint repair which looks simple and cheap. Anyone have any ideas.

Lio Martinez 06-22-2013 11:58 AM

Same thing happend to me passenger front tire.... I just hate seeing any damage on my car

camaro2ssblack 06-22-2013 12:23 PM

I just ordered dr colorchip to address my paint chips. Heard good things and I realize it won't be as good as a repaint but will pass the untrained eye test.

rjuarez 06-22-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro2ssblack (Post 6701519)
I just ordered dr colorchip to address my paint chips. Heard good things and I realize it won't be as good as a repaint but will pass the untrained eye test.

yea exactly its very small so something like that will do just fine. let me know how it turns out and difficulty.

CamaroDreams76 06-22-2013 08:09 PM

google automotive paint touch up. Theres a website (automotivetouchup.com) select your year, manufacture, model. Comes up with every paint option for your car and its paint code.

I used this on my Saturn to touch up paint on the bumper and other little mishaps that happened. 100% color match on that car. Im sure it will work the same on this car due to the fact its matching paint code.

I used the little applicator bush and then went over the paint with a clear coat. Couldnt tell unless I pointed it out or your right ontop of it.

camaro2ssblack 06-23-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjuarez (Post 6701595)
yea exactly its very small so something like that will do just fine. let me know how it turns out and difficulty.

Will do

SSmoothie 06-23-2013 01:37 PM

Go to Craigslist in the Automotive Services area, type in dent. I found a guy in my area that is licensed and bonded. He does great work, and was reasonable. He came to my house and did some touch ups on a couple of my trucks and did a great job.

rjuarez 06-23-2013 01:39 PM

Thanks!!!, appreciate the help

Roll_the_Dice 06-23-2013 01:42 PM

I have used Dr Colorchip and I like it. It doesn't work as well as their website says, but if you have patience, you can get it to almost disappear. If the chip is all the way to the metal, you may have to do it several times, to build up the paint layers to get to the proper level. Just be patient and follow the directions and you will be fine.

rjuarez 06-23-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroDreams76 (Post 6702731)
google automotive paint touch up. Theres a website (automotivetouchup.com) select your year, manufacture, model. Comes up with every paint option for your car and its paint code.

I used this on my Saturn to touch up paint on the bumper and other little mishaps that happened. 100% color match on that car. Im sure it will work the same on this car due to the fact its matching paint code.

I used the little applicator bush and then went over the paint with a clear coat. Couldnt tell unless I pointed it out or your right ontop of it.

I checked the site and it looks good and cheap too. is it hard to touch up? its a tiny scratch maybe 1/2 a cm. did you have to do any sanding or buffing? should be simple enough but black is crazy revealing.

DeeBlayer 06-23-2013 02:51 PM

+1 for Dr Colorchip.

usranger80 06-23-2013 05:01 PM

Get the color you need then use a toothpick, not a brush to fill in the chip, let the paint stand in the chip for about 15 or 20 seconds then remove any excess with something flat to remove any outside of the chip, touch again with the toothpick until the paint is level, you won't notice unless you look really close.

Dyk-NO 06-23-2013 05:43 PM

+1 for color chip if you're meticulous about it glaze it after to get that clear coated again and shine like new

POWERMAN 06-23-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeBlayer (Post 6705061)
+1 for Dr Colorchip.

This.