Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bought my first Camaro yesterday. Just an LS (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318011)

J. Puller 09-29-2013 11:22 PM

I have black and I think that silver and plastic piece kind of cheapens the look

pmandeep 09-30-2013 11:41 AM

Congrats on your new Camaro! :D

Ides of March 09-30-2013 12:11 PM

I just got a 2LS on Sat, my first Camaro ever. I will say this, I didn't want the bigger engine just cause I don't need that kind of power, I really don't need to go that fast. What I have is good enough for me, 323 horses, 0-60 5.9 seconds, works for me. Plus I have spent the most of the last couple days just sitting outside and looking at it lol. And I love driving it, snug, clean, drives awesome. I must say some other bells and whistles like the fog lights, and some of the interior perks but I wouldn't trade mine in for anything. The SS and Lz1 look great but not my cup o tea.

J. Puller 10-02-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria (Post 7001654)
Seriously, the automatic transmission in the Camaro has six forward speeds/gears, as does the manual.

John B.

That's silly. I understand the difference between an automatic and a manual. I was just saying that my personal preference is stick.

J. Puller 10-02-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ides of March (Post 7051048)
I just got a 2LS on Sat, my first Camaro ever. I will say this, I didn't want the bigger engine just cause I don't need that kind of power, I really don't need to go that fast. What I have is good enough for me, 323 horses, 0-60 5.9 seconds, works for me. Plus I have spent the most of the last couple days just sitting outside and looking at it lol. And I love driving it, snug, clean, drives awesome. I must say some other bells and whistles like the fog lights, and some of the interior perks but I wouldn't trade mine in for anything. The SS and Lz1 look great but not my cup o tea.

Yeah, those SS's and ZL1's are sick. Love all the options they have. But like you I am 100% content with my 6. Next car will most assurably be a SS. But til then I'm going to love the car I have right now.

wayne watson 10-02-2013 07:52 PM

Don't worry about L's man its faster than most all camaros and mustangs we thought were fast in 90s and early 00s it would be bad day for someone to run up on supercharged v6 wouldn't it

Ides of March 10-03-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J. Puller (Post 7057788)
Yeah, those SS's and ZL1's are sick. Love all the options they have. But like you I am 100% content with my 6. Next car will most assurably be a SS. But til then I'm going to love the car I have right now.

Yeah agreed. I must admit since joining these forums I do get some rs envy, ss envy, I don't have the big screen or back up camera or fog lights in my car, but when I went to buy one I wanted old school, I was like, the old camaros didn't have all that fancy stuff lol. I am going to add fog lights to it though. It's crazy how fast this car is, I was driving down one of the streets yesterday going to pick up my kid from soccer practice and I looked at the gauge and I was going 60, I thought I was going 40 maybe lol. I really can't imagine how fast I would go in an V8 engine. I think for my residential area a V6 is fast enough.

gutterball 10-03-2013 10:28 AM

You can purchased Chrome Trim rings on Ebay. I think the Chrome Rings really make a diff.

kevinw 10-03-2013 10:50 AM

I may get my new black 2lt vert by saturday. Dealer putting on heritagegrill and flares and clear bra. i think the 6 has alot of get up. will add cold air intake for gas mileage and that will be enough for me.bit has 19 polished non rs and nav too. that mylink is cool

return.of.the.maro 10-04-2013 06:51 AM

could you elaborate on the tire color do?

Chevrolet Customer Svc 10-05-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J. Puller (Post 7001521)
I bought my first ever Camaro. It's only an LS but it moves for a V6. I would have to say I'm overall very happy. I do have SS envy. But for now the LS is perfect for me.

Congrats!

How's the driving experience been?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care