Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Convertible Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   I Discovered One Drawback To Having The Top Down All the Time (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381636)

007s 'Vert 10-19-2014 01:35 PM

I Discovered One Drawback To Having The Top Down All the Time

Yep.......after having this car for 6 months and driving with the top down all the time, i learned yesterday that there are certian things you miss.......like something broken
we were heading out for our yearly Valley of Fire run with our local Camaro Club, and since it was raining, we had the top up. I noticed something rattling in my top near the windshield on the passenger side, wel upon further inspection i discovered tbat the interior piece of plastic that houses the release handle was broken at the fastening screws on the passenger side and was rattling.......i am so pissed!
Now i gotta leave my car at some dealership so it can be fixed under warranty.
the thing that puzzles me is what may have caused the break? How long has it been broken for? Im pretty sure it broke in the last two months.
i still continued on and went on our cruise, i just stuck a small piece of foam rubber between the rattling points and that stopped the rattle.
im gonna wait a month or two to have it fixed in the winter, that way i willnot be needing it during that time

nyrfan 10-19-2014 02:18 PM

Dude you need a Valium. Shit happens, stuff like plastic breaks, cars rattle. Take a pill and bring your car in for repair. End of story.

Felix- speeding in my SS/RS

007s 'Vert 10-19-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrfan (Post 8017802)
Dude you need a Valium. Shit happens, stuff like plastic breaks, cars rattle. Take a pill and bring your car in for repair. End of story.

I can still be pissed....

sbubbaklein 10-19-2014 05:28 PM

lucky it didn't poke a hole in the canvas

tamphuong 10-20-2014 02:22 AM

I found that problem too. I shocked.

tamphuong 10-20-2014 02:24 AM

Additional information. I do not have my top down all time. Just a few times.

Baba 10-20-2014 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamphuong (Post 8018656)
Additional information. I do not have my top down all time. Just a few times.

TMI :sm0:

classicrockr 10-24-2014 06:42 PM

Quote:

Dude, you're pretty much an idiot. The man has a right to be upset and vent.

nyrfan 10-24-2014 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicrockr (Post 8027745)
Dude, you're pretty much an idiot. The man has a right to be upset and vent.

Ok

Snidely Whiplash 12-06-2014 11:40 PM

Quote:

I get 180 od the 10mg version every 3 months. To be honest, they no longer do a thing. Go for the Xanax.

LuckyZL-1 12-07-2014 08:44 PM

Think you may have forgotten to twist the handle and tuck it back in after it released and you stowed the top with the handle sticking out where as it may have hung up and broke the plastic???

Whoomba 12-08-2014 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyZL-1 (Post 8101742)
Think you may have forgotten to twist the handle and tuck it back in after it released and you stowed the top with the handle sticking out where as it may have hung up and broke the plastic???

I do that, but when I was getting the walk through he never mentioned it. Is it in the OM?

007s 'Vert 12-09-2014 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyZL-1 (Post 8101742)

Na....I ALWAYS have the handle completely reseated before it comes down, I still haven't had it repaired, gonna get it in in the next few weeks.
One other issue popped up too, about a week ago the cargo net accidently escaped my grip and it retracted so fast that the side with the magnet (that trips the switch that tells the car its ok to drop the top) broke and the magnet came out. I couldn't get the top down as a result, so I just reached around where the switch is and unplugged it, now the top comes down.

I never have anything in the trunk so no worries there