Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   I need some input on my mods (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=397193)

Jessevas248 02-23-2015 12:13 PM

I need some input on my mods

Hello I need some input on what I should get done to my 2014 camaro ss. I want to get an axle back but I don't know whats a good brand to get iv been told borla and flow master outlaw is good. Also I want to find a good cold intake its between K&n, CAI , and airaid. Thanks for your input:thanks:

62nalide 02-23-2015 12:16 PM

K&N sucks to dump that out of the list

BRAVO 2SS 02-23-2015 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 62nalide (Post 8252233)
K&N sucks to dump that out of the list

+1

Spartan01 02-23-2015 12:29 PM

Go with CAI or RotFab

forklord 02-23-2015 12:38 PM

In my opinion an intake is a waste of money. Use that money On some longtube headers

BrutalSS 02-23-2015 12:38 PM

I really like the GMPP axle backs, nice sound with factory headers/exhaust. I have them on my camaro.

Camarojt 02-23-2015 12:48 PM

You will want a good CAI to go with a set of headers. You will always here that the basics to all modding is Air in Air out. Let your engine breathe. To say that a Cold Air Intake is a waste of money is just a ignorant statement.

But don't buy a K&N if you value performance. Stick with higher quality CAI's like ADM, Roto Fab, New Era etc...
These are much more race proven.

Unless your buying based soley on looks. Then pic what you like.

PalmerGA 02-23-2015 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forklord (Post 8252284)
In my opinion an intake is a waste of money. Use that money On some longtube headers

Here we go again. There are proven HP gains with the addition of many of the Cold Air Intakes. CAI and Rotofab being the best without requiring a tune. Naturally aspirated engines LOVE cold air - something about the air/fuel mix efficiency improves at lower temperatures, I don't know all the specifics.

I have a CAI, Inc intake and the Apex air scoop and although I don't have before and after dyno readings, I can assure you the punch in my engine improved with the additions. I can only assume I gained a bit of HP with the mod.

aFe POWER 02-23-2015 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessevas248 (Post 8252217)
Hello I need some input on what I should get done to my 2014 camaro ss. I want to get an axle back but I don't know whats a good brand to get iv been told borla and flow master outlaw is good. Also I want to find a good cold intake its between K&n, CAI , and airaid. Thanks for your input:thanks:

Also please consider us here at aFe POWER, we have both intakes and exhaust systems for either V6 or V8 camaro's ;)

Scooter18155 02-23-2015 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forklord (Post 8252284)

This is ignorant like others have said. It may be true long tube headers will give you better gains but the cai others have suggested like cai, adm performance and others will show you improvement. When I installed my adm race intake I gained not only some power but a better sound from my exhaust as well. Deffinately do a air scoop with the intake as well. The intake will only compliment long tube headers if you decide to buy some later.

forklord 02-23-2015 05:11 PM

Im just saying id get headers before an intake. Way more hp/$. Get headers first then get an intake. Intakes are more for peak power. Headers will give you results across the power band

Scooter18155 02-23-2015 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forklord (Post 8252906)
Im just saying id get headers before an intake. Way more hp/$. Get headers first then get an intake. Intakes are more for peak power. Headers will give you results across the power band

From what I've read headers require a tune at the very least to get the most bang out of them. It would be better to do all the smaller (non tune mods) first and out of the way so when headers is added and tune done the smaller parts that compliment headers and bigger changes will be present and taken into consideration when tuned. $ per hp/torque you may be right about headers vs intake but intake isn't an overly expensive mod to do.

The_Blur 02-23-2015 10:15 PM

I went with CAI, and, like their other customers here, I'm thrilled with that intake.

As for an axleback, I originally installed a Pypes system. I wanted something with some noise and no mufflers. It had a great sound, but I ultimately chose to go with a complete catback system and removed it. It's still for sale if you want a used system.

Jessevas248 02-23-2015 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 8253607)
I went with CAI, and, like their other customers here, I'm thrilled with that intake.

As for an axleback, I originally installed a Pypes system. I wanted something with some noise and no mufflers. It had a great sound, but I ultimately chose to go with a complete catback system and removed it. It's still for sale if you want a used system.

Thanks for the input and how much are u asking for it ??