Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is It Just Me, Or Is There A Lotta Orange Camaros? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42058)

CamaroFemme 09-11-2009 07:51 PM

Is It Just Me, Or Is There A Lotta Orange Camaros?

Don't get me wrong, as I've stated before, there's no bad color choice. I'm just a little surprised that orange is so prevalent. Is it just my area? Last time I looked at the "What Color Did You Buy?" poll, orange was second, beating out even red and white. Is orange a lot more popular car color choice than I gave it credit for, or did they make a big batch of orange cars first, or what?

ShnOmac 09-11-2009 07:54 PM

I havent seen one yet........ :laugh:

CamaroFemme 09-11-2009 07:55 PM

...okay, maybe the poll was a coincidence and it IS just my area!

Sean_W 09-11-2009 07:55 PM

Actually, I was thinking just the opposite. When I get together with my local 5th geners for shows, I'm the only IOM in a sea of blues, blacks and greys. The only other orange I've seen was at my dealership the other day when I went in for something unrelated to my car. Just curious, are you in texas? I remember back when they were unveiling the car, they sent about a million IOM camaros to that state. They all had to go somewhere after the unveiling.

InfernoFlame 09-11-2009 07:55 PM

personally I chose mine to go with the IOM interior...and black is too much hassle to keep clean. Im the only one in my town so far but we also have like 75-80k people.

Newcam68 09-11-2009 07:55 PM

there's been one sitting at my dealer since i ordered in july..could dealer is charging 2k over msrp for it

CamaroFemme 09-11-2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean_W (Post 912091)
Actually, I was thinking just the opposite. When I get together with my local 5th geners for shows, I'm the only IOM in a sea of blues, blacks and greys. The only other orange I've seen was at my dealership the other day when I went in for something unrelated to my car. Just curious, are you in texas? I remember back when they were unveiling the car, they sent about a million IOM camaros to that state. They all had to go somewhere after the unveiling.

Ha, maybe that's it - I'm in OK, but I'm 30 minutes from TX.

And..blues? Haven't seen a blue yet - either blue!

TahoeCamaro 09-11-2009 07:58 PM

No oranges in my area, except one sitting at a lot. WAY too many black ones around here.

jnewberr2ssrs 09-11-2009 07:59 PM

CamaroFemme - Around here it's been the same...I've seen a lot of orange Camaros. Don't get me wrong - they're beautiful but there's just a lot around here.

I went with black because that fits my personality a little better and there's hardly any black ones here (my dad really wanted me to get orange...but hey, my money = my car :D)

SSOOCH 09-11-2009 08:02 PM

Yeah there are alot of Orange Camaros. Because Orange Camaros RULE!!!

3BVert 09-11-2009 08:02 PM

I've yet to see one on the road, but it was my second choice.

CamaroFemme 09-11-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnewberr2ssrs (Post 912112)
I went with black because that fits my personality a little better

Indeed.

Horror movies, Nine Inch Nails, and a black Camaro.

:wub:

orange10s.c. 09-11-2009 08:21 PM

There are only a few around here till i get mine then +1