Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Wheels/Tires (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   HOOSIERS (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=470146)

15ZL1 10-16-2016 05:08 PM

HOOSIERS

5 Attachment(s)
Got my 325x45x18's mounted and no rubbing or dash lights. :happyanim:

ZL1Kid_AL 10-16-2016 05:29 PM

Looks great!. Please post a direct side picture if you can

Think these will be my next tire on my rep 18s. The MT Street R are about done

BigAlForsyth 12-19-2016 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 15ZL1 (Post 9361614)
Got my 325x45x18's mounted and no rubbing or dash lights. :happyanim:

so how do you like them after a few months? was your intention to daily drive them or track only? How are they holding up?
Thanks,

G701LE 12-19-2016 01:54 PM

How did the MT street's hold up? Daily use or just track? Thanks.
:pop2:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZL1Kid_AL (Post 9361628)
Looks great!. Please post a direct side picture if you can

Think these will be my next tire on my rep 18s. The MT Street R are about done

ZL1Kid_AL 12-21-2016 07:03 PM

Sorry for the late reply just barely seen this.

They lasted a full summer of a lot of racing. Plenty of butnouts on the street and at the track, spinning launches, mixed with another 2k miles of driving around and are now at the wear bars. I feel I definitely got every penny out of them.

As far as performance goes they are great at the track. By far the stickiest drag radial I've had on the car and had me having to add air to the tire to stop it from hooking to hard and Bogging the car down. As far as the street goes they were pretty good overall, they drove very well and had about as equal street performance as my ET street 2s I had previously. They have nearly no grooves so do not get caught in the rain or they will be just as bad as full slicks .

Only Con on these tires were the balancing issues they had at high speed with no engine load on them. At the end of the 1/4 at close to 130mph with the car coasting in neutral they would wobble like crazy and almost give a bouncing feeling.. but if you were WOT at that speed they drove perfect. It was really weird.

BigAlForsyth 12-22-2016 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZL1Kid_AL (Post 9466861)
Sorry for the late reply just barely seen this.

They lasted a full summer of a lot of racing. Plenty of butnouts on the street and at the track, spinning launches, mixed with another 2k miles of driving around and are now at the wear bars. I feel I definitely got every penny out of them.

As far as performance goes they are great at the track. By far the stickiest drag radial I've had on the car and had me having to add air to the tire to stop it from hooking to hard and Bogging the car down. As far as the street goes they were pretty good overall, they drove very well and had about as equal street performance as my ET street 2s I had previously. They have nearly no grooves so do not get caught in the rain or they will be just as bad as full slicks .

Only Con on these tires were the balancing issues they had at high speed with no engine load on them. At the end of the 1/4 at close to 130mph with the car coasting in neutral they would wobble like crazy and almost give a bouncing feeling.. but if you were WOT at that speed they drove perfect. It was really weird.

I don't know what butnouts are but it sounds painful!! Seriously, thanks for the feedback as those tires are on my radar.

15ZL1 12-25-2016 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAlForsyth (Post 9462924)
so how do you like them after a few months? was your intention to daily drive them or track only? How are they holding up?
Thanks,

After 500 or so miles I can say that there holding up pretty good (no burn outs or track time yet) and yes my intention was to daily drive on these.
The tires I had on before these were the 305 MT et streets and straight line traction was like having the stock GY's on when I was at 600rw. Now that I'm at 850rw it only takes about 1/4 throttle from a stop to melt them and the Hoosiers will handle close to half throttle before they break loose.
As far as full throttle goes I have to be going at least 50 mph or it kicks the tail out. So from my experience the Hoosiers are an improvement over the MT's in SLT, I just need to get the car to the track next year and see what it does there.