Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Camaro Pricing. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5048)

stovt001 07-20-2008 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4thGen (Post 93054)
I don't see how the V8 will cost under $30,000 AND have 400hp+. The G8 GT costs $30,000 and has "only" 361hp. Why would the big bad muscle car cost less than the family sedan AND have more power? I don't see it happening.

Easy. The G8 is a large car, and traditionally in the American market "bigger" equals "more expensive". Of course that may change quick, but for now that's how it is. Also, being a family sedan, it is quite well equipped, as large sedan buyers tend to place more importance on things like auto-AC, premium leather, and high-end sound systems than pony car buyers (not saying we don't care about those things, but in general they're lower on our list.) Pontiacs are also traditionally priced a step higher than Chevys. Its just the GM hierarchy. Also, I'd say the G8 is more of a muscle car than the Camaro. Muscle cars are the product of stuffing a powerful V8 into what was otherwise a standard family car. The Camaro on the other hand, is a pony car, a small sporty coupe that also happens to offer a V8. Finally, price is not correlated to hp. Its a small factor, not the only deciding factor.

Txturbo 07-20-2008 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 91463)
Yes, the warranty work can be done by any Chevy dealer. I have seen some dealers in southern states refuse to work on cars they didn't sell.....Just what I've heard from some Vette customers I've dealt with. But warranty money is as good as cash, so if one dealer won't do it, I'm sure many others will.

Unless it has changed, it doesn't have to be a Chevy dealer, any GM dealership can do Chevy warranty work. You can even order parts for any GM vehicle at any GM dealership. But like Scott said, some dealerships don't like to do it and get an attitude if they didn't sell the vehicle. I had that problem in my home town. I bought my last Chevy from a dealership in Houston, which at the time was 125 miles from my home town, and took it in for service at my local dealership. They weren't very friendly about working on it. I called the regional manager and talked to him about it and I guess he got it straightened out, because the next time I went in there was a different service manager and they were glad to work on it. I explained that I gave them first shot at selling me one, but they didn't have what I wanted and couldn't come close to the price of the other dealer.

theholycow 07-20-2008 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txturbo (Post 93408)
Unless it has changed, it doesn't have to be a Chevy dealer, any GM dealership can do Chevy warranty work. You can even order parts for any GM vehicle at any GM dealership.

...in fact, you can even order parts for Toyotas at GM dealerships, complete with GM packaging and part numbers:
http://jalopnik.com/398183/how-to-bu...-gm-dealership
http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/res.../Toyota_GM.jpg

carsismeZ06 07-20-2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 92551)
Usually, I hate speculation. We should all aim high, but know that we're aiming high.

For example, expect the base V6 to cost $23k even though we're almost certain that it will cost closer to $20k. This forces you to save up more for the car's down payment, and it allows you to feel really good about the low pricing Chevrolet is going to offer.

I do that to myself all the time! lol. Then it makes you feel like you saved money.

camarolover69 07-20-2008 07:18 PM

i hope its between 20-30k cuz the new shelby gt 500 waste of money got no power camaro is worth it i can tell car made for power!

UltimateAdam 07-20-2008 09:43 PM

I will say, this is the ONE piece that I am truly hung up on. I have seen 1000 pictures, and could look at 10000000 more, but I already know this is one badass car and I love it. but this is the one angle that is the make or break. I do not want the v6, and I know it is gonna be one SWEET v6, but I have never got to own a v8, have a v6 firebird now, and want this to be my first. But if it is some crazy price, I may just have to hold off. I am hoping it is around 30k, I priced the G8 with the 6.0L on GM Supplier and it was 29.5k with my discount. I think some people are right that the G8 would be a more expensive car. It is a larger FAMILY performance vehicle, with all the extras and what not. Maybe I am just hoping since I want the Camaro so damn bad...

pinkcamaro10 07-20-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltimateAdam (Post 93799)
I will say, this is the ONE piece that I am truly hung up on. I have seen 1000 pictures, and could look at 10000000 more, but I already know this is one badass car and I love it. but this is the one angle that is the make or break. I do not want the v6, and I know it is gonna be one SWEET v6, but I have never got to own a v8, have a v6 firebird now, and want this to be my first. But if it is some crazy price, I may just have to hold off. I am hoping it is around 30k, I priced the G8 with the 6.0L on GM Supplier and it was 29.5k with my discount. I think some people are right that the G8 would be a more expensive car. It is a larger FAMILY performance vehicle, with all the extras and what not. Maybe I am just hoping since I want the Camaro so damn bad...

A lot of people guess it will be around $28k

i hope it is as well :)

EllwynX 07-21-2008 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 (Post 93809)
A lot of people guess it will be around $28k

i hope it is as well :)

Me to since I now know there will be a number of options I wish to add. I think $35,000 is going to be my limit.

scotchsride09 07-21-2008 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bouncertime (Post 91435)
Welcome to the board, good to see another member from San Diego.:wave:

Whoops; sorry for the delay, thanks for the welcome! :) Took me a while to find the "new posts" tab.

Looks like there will be at least two 5th gens on the streets in SD next year :)

Xanthos 07-21-2008 08:17 PM

My limit is about 25k for the v6. Want the LT with leather if its not standard and with the RS package. Hoping its closer to 23k, but I could live with 25.
- Xanthos

Mindz 07-21-2008 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllwynX (Post 94669)
Me to since I now know there will be a number of options I wish to add. I think $35,000 is going to be my limit.

That's pretty much where I'm sitting and I want the RS/SS convertible. I might have to pick the options or a topless beauty who doesn't talk back and can be driven hard all day long.

Xanthos 07-21-2008 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 95366)
That's pretty much where I'm sitting and I want the RS/SS convertible. I might have to pick the options or a topless beauty who doesn't talk back and can be driven hard all day long.

Oh god... if only...
- Xanthos

P.S. - good thing my fiance doesn't read these boards.

P.P.S. - Mindz, I just looked closely at your avatar for the first time. I have no words.

EllwynX 07-21-2008 09:01 PM

Ok, so we knew there wouldn't be any word on pricing today. But we can at least make semi-educated guesses.

After seeing the list of goodies that should be available I'm pretty sure the Camaro is going to cost a lot more than we realize (for those of us that like all the bells and whistles anyway).

I'm sure there are others here that could do this much better than me, but here is my guess as to what I want will cost-

Base SS 29,000 (Probably even higher since the Mustang GT Premium is over $28,000)
Auto 1,250 (This is the cost of the auto in the 'Vette)
Sound 600 (Purely a guess, probably higher)
GFX 1,500 (Isn't $1200-$1500 the norm for GFX?)
Defogger 200 (I need a rear defogger where I live)
Sunroof 900 (This is the cost of the sunroof in the G8)
Grille 500 (Another pure guess. I'm hoping it's less.)
RSPkg 1,500 (Pure guess, again. Possibly more.)
Interior Trim 400 (It's just 4 colored panels, how can it cost a lot more?)
Leather 1,200 (I'm hoping Leather is standard on the SS, but this can't be TOO far off if not.)

Total 37,050 Urk! Obviously a loaded SS may EASILY reach $40,000.

Of course I could be so off base as to not even be in the ballpark. I, for one, hope I am and it comes in cheaper than I'm expecting...

Xanthos 07-21-2008 09:10 PM

I'd think the defogger would be standard. Its standard on the cobalt, isn't it? And thats in a much lower market segment.
- Xanthos

P.S. - I think your RS package is a bit high as well. I would guess closer to 1200 for it. And maybe 1000 for the GFX. Leather will most likely be standard. Grill - 250 maybe. Maybe I'm an idealist. Everything else looks about right.