Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Overall Quality Assesment (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52657)

Temper 11-18-2009 06:28 AM

Overall Quality Assesment

Just that, what do you think of the quality of the 2010 Camaro?

SScattergunSS 11-18-2009 06:30 AM

I must say I'm very happy with the overall quality. This does seem like one very well built automobile. :chevy:

67 Convertible 11-18-2009 06:38 AM

I think for the price, this is one of the higher quality vehicles I've owned.
Yes, I've had a couple small issues, window reprogramming (download fix supposed to be coming) and a little thumping sound from the front end when going slow over small bumps. I guess there will always be small issues with a first year vehicle.
I've had no issues that I feel are a "big" deal.

The car is a joy to drive, it looks great, the fit and finish is higher then I expected. In fact the whole car has far exceded my expectations. I feel the quality of my Camaro is as good as what I'd expect from a 50k-60k car. Again, for the price, this is a high quality vehicle. :thumbsup:

Skyblu 11-18-2009 08:42 AM

I think it's awesome, a great value for the price, I have no complaints!

Mr. Wyndham 11-18-2009 09:15 AM

Where's the "better than it's competitors" option? Or "on par with other GM vehicles"....:iono:

Given the lack of an intermediate choice, I opted for A. ;)
LOVE the car, they truly outdid themselves. :clap:

67 Convertible 11-18-2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 1187476)
Where's the "better than it's competitors" option? Or "on par with other GM vehicles"....:iono:

Given the lack of an intermediate choice, I opted for A. ;)
LOVE the car, they truly outdid themselves. :clap:

I agree. I would have chosen A, but it is not better "then any other car". The "any other car" would include Rolls Royce, Ferrari, etc etc. My Camaro is not better then those (I don't think).
If there was a choice of: Better then any car in the same price range, or Better then Mustang, Charger, etc. Or if there was just an Excellent, I would have chosen that.

As the poll is now, I can't choose. I think my car is excellent quality, but the way the poll is worded, I can't choose A or B.

Partick 11-18-2009 09:37 AM

It's really a question about initial quality, time will tell the real story. So far a very well built car that is on par or better than any other new cars I have purchased.

coolman 11-18-2009 09:40 AM

I had one that had a lot of problems ,but it was and earlier build. Now I got one that seems better, but it doesn't have a lot of miles on it. I didn't vote because my option doesn't really fit the pole options.

camaroguy 11-18-2009 05:14 PM

lots of little issues with my camaro so I gave a "good" rating. I am sure if I bought at a later date, quality issues would be better..

PAUL SS 11-18-2009 05:20 PM

Not many miles on mine, but fit and finish is very good, paint and interior excellent. It's tight, no rattles or squeaks. Close to perfection.

chevyss 11-18-2009 05:30 PM

Very pleased with the car. There are a few issues, but nothing that would keep me from loving the car. Out of all the cars (new) that I've purchased over the years, I think it's a job well done. I think GM responded to a lot of issues before the car leaves the factory. I have the most noticable defect is the clips that hold the lower skirt to the car. Small gap shows the clips.

cruisingcamaro 11-18-2009 07:21 PM

I am extemely happy with my 2010 CGM/SS2/RS. first oil change today- got the spoiler tightened, and they will re-paint under that later at no charge. HVAC warranty recall as well. I have 8000 miles on my new baby! WHO can complain? Not me!

BackinBlackSS/RS 11-18-2009 07:26 PM

Mine is a very early build. Fantastic quality. I love that a person stated Complete overpriced China quality junk, but doesn't have the balls to make a post about it.
Come on, let's hear it.

AlexL 11-18-2009 08:04 PM

I got mine on August 3rd, 2,500 miles so far, not a single issue, no squeaks, no rattles, nothing to complain about. The window had to be re-indexed once and that was it. I've had many new GM cars and quality wise this one is the best.