Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Red Brembos! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9336)

Speedy1975 11-05-2008 11:08 AM

Red Brembos!

How many folks want the Brembos on the 2010 Camaro to be red? This is a major pet peeve for me. I pretty much feel they HAVE to be read, whether they come from GM, or if I have to make them red myself. However, the finish will look MUCH better if red from the factory, and will be more durable.

So the question, for GM to review, is do you want red calipers with Brembos?

playhard67 11-05-2008 11:13 AM

red

SimC33 11-05-2008 11:16 AM

red ftw

Jamestwilliams 11-05-2008 11:18 AM

Yeah actually I wouldn't call the colour they come in parts bin grey, I think your being a bit dramatic. I actually prefer that to the boy racer red (aka ferrari red), it matches the car much better and doesn't take away from the car itself. Bright red brakes look good on civics and such because they keep your eyes away from the fugly car.

SdustinK 11-05-2008 11:23 AM

I think you should pay for what color you want cause i'd want black ones.

Scooter 11-05-2008 11:37 AM

they are red from, why not keep them that way.

linkwpc 11-05-2008 11:59 AM

Red!!!!! Well I would really like orange... but red will do! :D

Supermans 11-05-2008 12:21 PM

I'd rather have them grey...I don't need it to be flashy..

Silverghost 11-05-2008 12:30 PM

something tells me it will be easier for us to powder coat or paint them ourselves then try and get GM to change this. The things they have changed so far are things which do not cost much to change, the wheels are already an option so minimal cost was incured with that change, offering the blue as a color, again they already offer that color on other GM products. With painting the brake calipers, they now go back to their vendor and renegotiate the contract so the vendor will paint them a different color, I assure you the vendor will charge for the new color. Then if they offer different colors as a extra cost option, they now make production a little more complicated. Now instead of just slapping brakes of the same color on each car, they have to verify the correct color is on the car. Might only take a few seconds to verify but multiply that few seconds by 80,000 to 100,000. In a production enviroment those seconds make a difference.

blackZbandit 11-05-2008 12:39 PM

I wanted red before but after seeing the Camaro Black concept I'll probably get them powder coated black instead.

kanakattack 11-05-2008 12:41 PM

Red, black car, red brembos always liked that combo.

CWI 11-05-2008 12:41 PM

On Camaro Black the calipers are black. I would like mine black also. I ma getting black Camaro. Red would be good too.

They will get a lot of brake dust. How many will really keep up with washing the calipers. Most daily drivers don't. Just look at the front wheels of other cars, they're nasty. I will try to keep mine clean, it just a little more detail to do whne cleaning your car. It's like the auxilary lights on my Colorado, it's a pain but I take the grills off to clean them and the lights, and inside all the holes in the wheels when ever I handwash.

WAY2FAST 11-05-2008 12:48 PM

RED Calipers look great on any color car. Red is a Brembo Standard Color, shouldn't be extra. They are Red on the Challenger as well.

stovt001 11-05-2008 01:18 PM

Red calipers would look great, but around here they're just another reason for the cops to pull you over and check for illegal modifications, which is pretty much ANYTHING. The looks aren't enough to make that hassle worth it.