Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What shifter & exhaust come standard on Hot Wheels Edition? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258805)

Ron66Vette&10SS 11-01-2012 04:46 PM

What shifter & exhaust come standard on Hot Wheels Edition?

Wondering in anyone here has seen the "real" list of what comes with the Hot Wheels Edition of the SS.

I'm specifically wondering if the dual mode exhaust and some sort of "short throw" shifter comes with it or if they need to be ordered as options.

I've seen conflicting information and was wondering if anyone had seen anything official from GM yet.

The "Build your Camaro" on the Chevy site isn't quite up yet. It shows blank tabs listed for the HW color and wheels listed on the "Color & Wheels" selection page, but has no other reference to the HW anywhere on the builder yet.

GearheadSS 11-01-2012 05:03 PM

It does not include those options.

Quote:

The Hot Wheels® Special Edition is an option package available on the 2LT or 2SS Camaro coupe or convertible models. The package features an exclusive to the package medium blue exterior color called Kinetic Blue Metallic. This medium blue color will be as riveting as the green over chrome exterior color was on last year’s SEMA concept, and will be accented with painted ground effects, black decal stripes, and a transparent flame decal on the rear quarter panel.

The package includes elements of the RS Appearance Package including the HID head lamps with LED halo rings, as well as factory installed 21-inch black painted wheels with a painted red stripe around the circumference of the wheel. The wheels are equipped with P245/40ZR21 front and 275/35ZR21 rear summer performance tires. The package’s exterior also includes ZL1 front grille, and Hot Wheels® logos in front, rear and just below the Camaro logo on the front quarter panel.

The interior of the 2013 Camaro Hot Wheels® Special Edition features Hot Wheels® logos on the base of the leather-wrapped steering wheel, both driver and passenger doors sill plates, and embroidered on each front seat. The interior also features black leather appointed seating with red stitching on the seats and instrument panel insert. Carbon Flash Metallic painted inserts can be found on the instrument panel and both doors.

The package does include dealer installed Chevrolet Accessories: the premium front floor mats, side gill decal stripes and black engine cover. There are additional production options available including six speed automatic transmission, Chevy MyLink Radio with GPS Navigation, and dual mode exhaust on all models except 2SS with six speed automatic transmission.

The Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price of the 2013 Hot Wheels® Special Edition package is $6995. The price includes the content of the RS Appearance Package. It does not include the model price, nor any tax, titles or other fees.

Ron66Vette&10SS 11-02-2012 12:13 PM

GearheadSS.............

Did that come from something sent to dealers, or from one of the press releases?

GearheadSS 11-02-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron66Vette&10SS (Post 5766117)
GearheadSS.............

Did that come from something sent to dealers, or from one of the press releases?

I got this info from GM in my dealer mail.

Orders can now be placed but when I submit the order, it will not allow me to select the Hurst shifter. Not sure why.

So as of now,it appears that it can't be ordered with the Hurst shifter.

Ron66Vette&10SS 11-02-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GearheadSS (Post 5766345)
I got this info from GM in my dealer mail.

Sounds like a reliable source to me...thanks :happy0180:

beecamaro 11-07-2012 01:42 PM

My dealer (Chevrolet, not my weed guy) says the Hurst short throw is included when he was working through the order sheet yesterday.