Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   No fuse box in the trunk... Wherez-it-at? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87309)

slowestone 06-02-2010 08:36 PM

No fuse box in the trunk... Wherez-it-at?

Just tore the trunk apart looking for the fuse box. None to be found. Read a few other posts about the fuse box being behind some panel on the left side of the dash when the door is open. I looked at the panel but can't figure out how to get it off and don't wanna break it... Is there some kind of trick to getting the panel off?

Needin zum hep...

recontango 06-02-2010 08:42 PM

engine bay, passenger side, big black box.

chevy 3 06-02-2010 09:04 PM

In side the car on the drivers side dash .the very end of the dash when you open you're door.The end is one panel it pops of .the edge of the cover is under the door gaskit lip.becarefull removing.

mekc57 06-02-2010 11:38 PM

Check your manual

There is a fuse box in the trunk of my 2SS/RS It is on the right side, not the left. You have to remove the clips for the cargo net, then pull the plastic panal out after removing the spair tire cover. then unscrew the keepers for the trunk liner on the right and the box is behind that. At least on mine it is!!!!! It's only 2in by 4in aprox, got like 8 fuse slots in it.

chevy 3 06-03-2010 05:00 AM

Mind me asking what fuse your looking for

OrangeFury 06-03-2010 08:02 AM

Okay, so that is 1 vote for the engine bay, one vote for inside the cabin and one vote for the trunk. Somebody care to break the tie? :iono:

bucky1399 06-03-2010 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mekc57 (Post 1939295)
There is a fuse box in the trunk of my 2SS/RS It is on the right side, not the left. You have to remove the clips for the cargo net, then pull the plastic panal out after removing the spair tire cover. then unscrew the keepers for the trunk liner on the right and the box is behind that. At least on mine it is!!!!! It's only 2in by 4in aprox, got like 8 fuse slots in it.

Mekc57 has it right. There is also a large fuse box under the hood and the third is in the cabin on the drivers side.

brtaus 06-03-2010 09:53 AM

Yep, three fuse boxes: Under the hood, driver side dash, inside trunk on right side.

ron10 06-03-2010 10:45 AM

i didn't even know about the trunk and inside the car.well i learned my one thing for the day.don't you just love this forum.

06MonteSS 06-03-2010 11:22 AM

should show ya in the owner's manual.... and what fuses are for what...

slowestone 06-03-2010 05:42 PM

Monte's Right

Found all three in my owner's manual (whoda thunk it?). I was looking for the ONSTAR fuse so that I can use my Predator to put on a tune this weekend.

There IS a fuse box in the trunk that holds the fuses for the radio and the amplifier. But I don't think that they need to be removed in order to use a Predator. I DID find that the fuse box with the ONSTAR fuse is on the driver's side of the dash. With the driver's door open, looking at the side of the dash, behind the panel is a fuse box with 29 fuses and three relays. It appears that F14 is the ONSTAR fuse.

Thanks to Monte for kicking my sorry a$$ back to the owner's manual where I shoulda gone in the first place...

Slow Learner

06MonteSS 06-03-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowestone (Post 1942296)
Found all three in my owner's manual (whoda thunk it?). I was looking for the ONSTAR fuse so that I can use my Predator to put on a tune this weekend.

There IS a fuse box in the trunk that holds the fuses for the radio and the amplifier. But I don't think that they need to be removed in order to use a Predator. I DID find that the fuse box with the ONSTAR fuse is on the driver's side of the dash. With the driver's door open, looking at the side of the dash, behind the panel is a fuse box with 29 fuses and three relays. It appears that F14 is the ONSTAR fuse.

Thanks to Monte for kicking my sorry a$$ back to the owner's manual where I shoulda gone in the first place...

Slow Learner

hahahah... np man... ;)

like my wife says... most guys don't read instruction manuals - they have to be reminded hahahah....

Oneflyenyceguy 05-11-2013 12:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is

GearHeadPeter 05-11-2013 01:07 PM

The OnStar fuse is in the fuse box in the cabin, on the drivers side as you open the door. Just remove the panel and it is there. I did this 3 weeks ago.

Peter