Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   GM Employee Test Drivers (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9029)

fastfret7 10-28-2008 05:28 PM

GM Employee Test Drivers

Shouldn't there be some GM employees taking some of these pre-production Camaros home by now(Test drivers)? With the cars being released in late Feb. We should be seeing a few of these being driven by employees. Well, that's what Ford did with the 05' Mustang.

transfrmn 10-28-2008 05:37 PM

they already have actually. there's a red one somewhere around kitty hawk, NC that had 30 days tags on it when saw it which was like 2 months ago. then 1 month ago saw a yellow one around Chesapeake, VA but i believe these are probably important GM employees only

radz28 10-28-2008 05:40 PM

I imagine engineers only. I wish I had one in my neighborhood...

transfrmn 10-28-2008 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz282003 (Post 174618)
I imagine engineers only. I wish I had one in my neighborhood...

yea well believe my surprise when i keep hearing back word from other people that they continually see these cars around those 2 places of not one Camaro but two. i live in the middle so i frequent both place a lot when i home however I've yet to get a picture of either because there always going the other way on the road.:mad0259:

nickspohn 10-28-2008 06:03 PM

i wish detroit was in my backyard.

well, just the GM plant anyways.

SS4EVER 10-28-2008 07:00 PM

That's exactly what my dad does, and has already driven the Camaro. He's a test driver and works at GM's Milford Proving Grounds, in Milford Mi. He wants to get a Camaro now... :)

Dunk31 10-28-2008 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by transfrmn (Post 174616)
they already have actually. there's a red one somewhere around kitty hawk, NC that had 30 days tags on it when saw it which was like 2 months ago. then 1 month ago saw a yellow one around Chesapeake, VA but i believe these are probably important GM employees only

There was one around Chesapeake and no one told me!!! NOOOOOOOO

DntWrryBeHappy21 10-28-2008 07:52 PM

They should do a contest and like a certain amount of winners gets the car for 30 days or something as a type of testing period to get feedback from non-GM workers. :-D

Chewy 10-28-2008 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DntWrryBeHappy21 (Post 174765)
They should do a contest and like a certain amount of winners gets the car for 30 days or something as a type of testing period to get feedback from non-GM workers. :-D

haha, NO WAY they wud do it in a contest format - theres a large chance of some of them going to a moron with a speed n weave fetish. nobody wud be happy with a totaled camaro before they're even out.

it would be cool tho if they had an open application system tho, non-gm employs could sublic an app with age, daily commute and normal car use, and driving records. thats my semi-good idea for the day:rolleyes:

fbodfather 10-28-2008 09:27 PM

The cars you see on the road are IVERs and a few MVB builds -- we will be building "non-saleable" pilots shortly -

The "Captive Test Fleet" vehicles will be built, as I recall, starting in late November -- those are the cars that John/Cheryl/Al/myself will be assigned to 'wring out' -- I suspect we'll start getting into them just before Christmas -- or shortly thereafter........

69er 10-28-2008 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 174892)
The cars you see on the road are IVERs and a few MVB builds -- we will be building "non-saleable" pilots shortly -

The "Captive Test Fleet" vehicles will be built, as I recall, starting in late November -- those are the cars that John/Cheryl/Al/myself will be assigned to 'wring out' -- I suspect we'll start getting into them just before Christmas -- or shortly thereafter........

Lucky dog.:thumbsup:

Th3Nigh7Stalk3r 10-28-2008 09:57 PM

I actually saw one yesterday, it was a grey one and it sounded awesome. I was right behind it and when it took off I was like OMG I WANT ONE!!! lol. Once I see another one on the road I will take a picture of it, I PROMISE!!

zebra 10-28-2008 10:03 PM

nissan did this with the gt-r, but not this early. we had three cruising around nashville in april for a june release.

Croathlete 10-28-2008 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 174892)

If you need any Long Island Expressway testing, let me know :thumbsup: