Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Convertible Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Massive rain today and rear floorboard behind passenger seat soaked!!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300339)

cflbuckeye 06-06-2013 05:22 PM

Massive rain today and rear floorboard behind passenger seat soaked!!!

I have had my 2012 2SS RS convertible for about a year and maybe have had the top down 10 times, but today when I picked up my son from daycare I noticed the rear floorboard behind the passenger seat was soaked. The floorboard behind the driver seat was dry. I called the dealership and I have to drop if off tomorrow for a "leak test", for those that have gone through this...anythng I should be aware of when dealing with this and the dealership?

Seems like there is a potential TSB on both the top and the bag? Is this something I should mention?

Any advice would be appreciated.

classicrockr 06-06-2013 05:32 PM

Same thing just happened to me. I almost guarantee that the drain came loose on that side because mine was the rear driver's side that was soaked, no other areas.

It is covered under 3/36 warrant Should only take 1-2 days to fix & dry out.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299898

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-06-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflbuckeye (Post 6638272)
I have had my 2012 2SS RS convertible for about a year and maybe have had the top down 10 times, but today when I picked up my son from daycare I noticed the rear floorboard behind the passenger seat was soaked. The floorboard behind the driver seat was dry. I called the dealership and I have to drop if off tomorrow for a "leak test", for those that have gone through this...anythng I should be aware of when dealing with this and the dealership?

Seems like there is a potential TSB on both the top and the bag? Is this something I should mention?

Greetings cflbuckeye,

Sorry to hear about the leak. I'd be happy to research any recalls for you. Glad to hear you're taking it to the dealership for a diagnosis. Feel free to PM me and reference this thread so I can explore this matter further for you!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

RolltideSS 06-06-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflbuckeye (Post 6638272)

I would have them replace the carpet in the back as we'll since it will probably mildew and smell - should also be covered in the warranty, keep complaining till they do it right. Sorry you have to deal with it, make sure you go through the car with them before dropping it off and picking it back up, they can seriously damage the paint and interior when doing this work- just search the forums to see

SSAINT 06-06-2013 09:13 PM

I had the same problem. The installer of my fourth roof said that when the place that replaced my third roof didn't install the drains properly. They replaced all my carpeting and put a new water management bag in with larger drains. So far so good. Good luck

cflbuckeye 06-06-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RolltideSS (Post 6639253)
I would have them replace the carpet in the back as we'll since it will probably mildew and smell - should also be covered in the warranty, keep complaining till they do it right. Sorry you have to deal with it, make sure you go through the car with them before dropping it off and picking it back up, they can seriously damage the paint and interior when doing this work- just search the forums to see

Thanks...wouldn't had considered that, but makes sense. It's been raining here for a week and a half with this tropical storm and my car is filthy...I hate dropping it off at the dealership dirty...as it's black and the potential for dealer installed swirls frightens the piss out of me!

cflbuckeye 06-06-2013 09:37 PM

Good and bad to see I am not the only one that has gone through this. =)

Anyways, it's the original top and prior to this I haven't had any issues. Things like this make me think I should purchase an extended warranty. I have already had my dash replaced (bubbled) and the replacement is bubbling...so I will have them replace that as well.

classicrockr 06-07-2013 03:21 PM

Does anyone know how to access the drain tubes to see if they're falling off? Once our warranties expire, it would be nice to be able to periodically check them & re-adjust them if necessary.

cflbuckeye 06-07-2013 04:48 PM

Well the dealership called and said that there is a TSB for some sealant that needs to be done to the door(s) and they feel confident that is why my floorboards were wet and said there wasn't a reason to do the leak test.

Anyone have any idea what this sealant TSB is?

Algeron 06-07-2013 07:28 PM

I just dropped mine off for the same thing today.

markas214 06-10-2013 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflbuckeye (Post 6642699)
Well the dealership called and said that there is a TSB for some sealant that needs to be done to the door(s) and they feel confident that is why my floorboards were wet and said there wasn't a reason to do the leak test.

Anyone have any idea what this sealant TSB is?

Sounds like bull to me. Search the forum. It's the drainage bag.

classicrockr 06-10-2013 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markas214 (Post 6651374)
Sounds like bull to me. Search the forum. It's the drainage bag.

I have to agree - the "leak test" consists of hosing the roof down & watching to see if any more water gets in...it's not too hard.

cflbuckeye 06-10-2013 10:08 AM

Yeah, that was sort of my feeling. I am going to try and get the TSB # when I go to pick it up.

How easy is it to check the drain lines myself? I can obviously hose it down and watch for leaks, if they don't do it.

classicrockr 06-10-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflbuckeye (Post 6652105)
Yeah, that was sort of my feeling. I am going to try and get the TSB # when I go to pick it up.

How easy is it to check the drain lines myself? I can obviously hose it down and watch for leaks, if they don't do it.

SSTOKED has taken some pictures with the drain lines in view. Here's the link:http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=235016&page=2

Try there & see what you think.