Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sponsors Camaro Builds / Project Cars (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Couple of cars in the shop right now.... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294318)

Rhino79 05-08-2013 07:45 PM

Couple of cars in the shop right now....

6 Attachment(s)
Here are a few shots of some cars in for some mods.

The red GS Vette is getting a 416, twin turbo setup, yank converter, and some dyno tune love.

The Marron LS3 vette is equipped with a Vortech Centri kit, injectors, cam, yank 3200, and our custom tuning. 625rwhp through zr1 manifolds and cats.

The Black Z06 on the rack is getting a Forged rods/pistons, a GPI custom grind cam, already has supporting mods, custom tuning and it will have a good amount of nitrous on it.

The red 03 Z06 is getting a cam, heads, udp, injectors, fast92, ls2 tb, vararam, lts, corsa exhaust, yella terra rockers, custom tuning.

Of couse I had to throw Gretchengotgrowls TT v6 car in here, its getting some forged goodies custom made, and 10s are coming in a v6.....easily too.

The Ferrari F430.....lol its just a cool car in for repairs but I thought Id post it anyhow.

Irnwkrkev 05-08-2013 08:03 PM

Looking at the shop makes me think that

A. You already had the shop but weren't a sponsor
B. You landed a job with said shop

I think you've definitely earned the right to have/work for one with the awesome times you've run with your car.

Do you mind explaining which it is?

Rhino79 05-08-2013 09:33 PM

Lol, good question. I have been tuning ls cars for about 9 -10 years. I was a service manager at a large volume marine dealership and worked there for over 11 years. Over the first 8 years I tuned probably 500 vehicles just as side work, but I have been the go to guy in Arkansas for a while. About 2 years ago, Aaron, the fixed operations director and myself started talking about me joining the team. After about a year of talk, we made it happen. So I started at GPI a little over a year ago.

Our dealership has a performance division in house and I basically do all the calibration work for them dyno and street. I do all the Camaro builds, and about half of the vette builds. I also tune ford and dodge product as well as full on build with them too.

But first and foremost, I am lsx to the bone.

My car is my personal daily driver, that I owned before I started there. It isn't a shop car, I buy my parts, and do all my own work and tuning obviously. So it may make sense to more people now why my car is running like it is....lol.

Rhino79 05-08-2013 09:38 PM

I also did all the calibration and some of the wrench work on Ronnie Hackelton's NMCA/LSX car last year.

Fieryfight 06-25-2013 05:07 PM

I thought that shop looked familiar and then saw the Ferrari and your location. Is it bad that I can tell where it is by a picture of a corner

camaro2lt 06-25-2013 05:09 PM

whats wrong with the ferrari?

Denis 06-25-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro2lt (Post 6714830)
whats wrong with the ferrari?

I was thinking the same thing.

Some awesome cars hanging around btw.

grocerygetter 07-22-2013 04:22 PM

just to bump this...Rhino has done wrench and tuning work on my car and it's top notch. The guys at GPI are awesome.

Rhino79 07-22-2013 07:27 PM

The Ferrari had a bad MAF sensor. lol. Thanks John, will be seeing yours back very sooooon!

LikaRokBowTie 07-22-2013 10:07 PM

Wow Cabot sure has changed from my days around there,I remember Gwatney Chevrolet was right outside the base though,almost bought a Z28 from them,I looked at some houses up there about 8 years ago,really nice area.

CAP'N B 03-11-2014 10:08 AM

And he did kick ass work tuning trucks too, I know him from Performance Trucks.net