Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Want a 1LE (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367988)

StanLE 07-10-2014 09:06 PM

Want a 1LE

Hello everyone, this is my first post to C5. I have 100% made up my mind that I want my next car to be a 1LE, 2ss or 1ss doesn't matter really because I would like the recaro seat option. My only problem currently is that my stipulation is it being my only payment, as I am very tired of having 2 car payments. Wife's car will be paid off in late march or april of 2015, my wonder is will I be able to find a 1LE at that point that is still new? I will be trading my current car (2013 Hyundai) in on it, and I have my financing already lined up through my credit union. What would be my options at that point? Thanks all, this is a great forum to have been browsing for the past year

Midnight Rat 07-10-2014 09:20 PM

You will find plenty in the lots and still be able to order one.

StanLE 07-10-2014 09:24 PM

My only real MUSTS on the car is NPP, and no sunroof. Id like white, but ill take pretty much anything as long as it has the exhaust and no roof. The recaros would be cool but im a girthy fella and I have yet to sit in them to know if I fit or not.

Bad@ssCamaro 07-10-2014 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight Rat (Post 7808476)
You will find plenty in the lots and still be able to order one.

Agreed, new model year won't start until June/July of 2015. They will stop taking new orders for 2015 sometime in April. You could order one in March in time for a May delivery. :thumbsup:

StanLE 07-10-2014 09:32 PM

Is there a website that I can search for all available 1le's? I tried the inventory search on Chevrolet.com but it kinda sucks

joelster 07-10-2014 09:35 PM

They are hard to find with a search. For some reason most of the local SS's near me say they have the "SS Performance" package, when in fact they don't. It gets even harder when they don't post an actual photo of the car and they use a generic file photo.

Mark T 07-10-2014 09:52 PM

You will have your choice of all options thru may or june.

DanSS24 07-10-2014 10:09 PM

Try the "Build and Price" at edmunds.com

Kendall421 07-11-2014 09:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I ordered mine as I wanted it and wanted no regrets...and I have NO REGRETS!

2ss/RS/1LE, NPP, Nav, sunroof, Racaro, red rock metallic.

I think those without a roof just did not want to spend the money and have sunroof envy! These interiors are so tight and dark...you just can't beat the natural light and air movement! Mine is always open! And for head room...I am 6'2" and have no issues! The seat does adjust, so lower it and tilt it back and you are fine. Maybe there is less head room with standard seats vs the Racaro seats? Don't know.

KaBoom1701 07-11-2014 09:57 AM

Nice looking ride Kendall!

Camaro_Corvette 07-11-2014 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro (Post 7808489)
Agreed, new model year won't start until June/July of 2015. They will stop taking new orders for 2015 sometime in April. You could order one in March in time for a May delivery. :thumbsup:

This

schecter7 07-11-2014 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanLE (Post 7808506)
Is there a website that I can search for all available 1le's? I tried the inventory search on Chevrolet.com but it kinda sucks

Try cars.com and put '1LE Performance' as keyword with 'match all'. Some irrelevant craps will show up as well, but you can also find several 1LEs across the whole country from the 'smart' dealers. The dumb ones won't show up on your search, but screw them for the laziness of their dealers!

JimE 07-11-2014 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schecter7 (Post 7811238)
Try cars.com and put '1LE Performance' as keyword with 'match all'. Some irrelevant craps will show up as well, but you can also find several 1LEs across the whole country from the 'smart' dealers. The dumb ones won't show up on your search, but screw them for the laziness of their dealers!

As many salesmen and dealers have no idea what the "1LE" even is, it's not really a matter of laziness.

You can have any of your local dealers search for the exact car and options that you want. Having said that, there is no reason to even worry about searching for anything until the month (maybe two) before you plan to purchase.

schecter7 07-11-2014 10:21 PM

LOL - yep. But imagine how idiotic it is to skip 1LE in the description (and put typical BS like AC, V8 - lmao) after spending quite a bit of time on adding pictures (to cars.com) of a car with a damn matte hood wrap, black wheels, and red calipers!