Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Steve's Silver 2SS/RS 6 Speed [COTW 1/9/11] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105065)

Silver2SSRS6spd 10-17-2010 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 2453672)
Nice pics of your runs Steve. Gotta upload the gopro videos too though.

Keep up the good work and eventually I'd love to head to a track and run with ya.

:thumbsup:

Do a search for "kavros camaro" on youtube and you will find all kinds of videos from me. I have placed cameras all over the car, the next one will be a pedal cam for the next autocross. Your car should do well at the track with the SC and all.

Silver2SSRS6spd 10-17-2010 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcotton (Post 2453696)
Steve,

Wow your car looks great. Keep us up-to-date with the upgrade on the mods. What engine mods are you looking to do?

Thanks, I just saw some long tube headers on Mongoose's page. I need to do something, I got blown away by my buddies Z06 at the track yesterday. I do better at the autocross events. My problem is that I'm trying to make it a dual purpose car and you don't need power at the autocross events. I need tires for the autocross and long tubes, cam and a good tune for the track. Looking at the bottle, not sure I want to go that rout on an engine with only 6 grand on it.

Silver2SSRS6spd 11-20-2010 09:10 PM

Just ordered the Stainless Works 3" Cat Back Exhaust w/ X Pipe & Dual Chambered Mufflers and a Hurst Short Throw shifter from Chase at APEX Motorsports. Can't wait to install them.

Silver2SSRS6spd 11-27-2010 12:30 PM

Just ordered the rear toe links for my Camaro to add to my rear trailing arms. Love the look and feel of the red Spohn suspension pieces. Pictures will be posted after I receive and install them.

Installing my SW cat-back, Hurst shifter and rear-end bushings today.

Silver2SSRS6spd 11-28-2010 08:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Just installed the Stainless Works cutback chambered exhaust and the Hurst ST shifter. The car really comes alive now and this is what a car should sound like when it has 400+hp. This think sounds like a beast now and I like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5kKMmEg99E

Silver2SSRS6spd 11-28-2010 10:01 PM

My in car video, the quality isn't that great, I will post another one as soon as I have some spare time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9afmKSQ1UUE

Silver2SSRS6spd 12-05-2010 09:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
SCCA Auto-X event today in Oakland California. Started raining right when it was time for our run group, the stock tires are even worse when it's wet out. Time to invest in some R tires.

Silver2SSRS6spd 12-05-2010 09:50 PM

Spohn Toe Rods coming in tomorrow, another piece of the factory sheet metal go to the land fill. Will be making a big decision this week, do I invest in a supercharger or do I go all out for Auto-X hardware that includes another set of wheels and some racing tires.

Silver2SSRS6spd 12-10-2010 07:10 PM

Supercharger in the works as soon as I find a good deal and possibly a shop to install in case I decide not to do it myself. What's your preference for a supercharger and how much should I pay for the install and tune? I'm looking at the Magnacharger 2300 TVS with cog drive.

Silver2SSRS6spd 12-17-2010 05:45 PM

Ordered a black Maggie TVS 2300 today, hope this gets me into the 12's with my drag radials and the new exhaust and shifter. My best time is 13.23 up to now. I was blown away by my friend's 2007 Corvette Z06 last time we went to the track, he ran 12.5 all day.

Ordering my Auto-X racing wheels and tires withing the next few days. Thinking of going with 19's since I hear that the SCCA is going to let the Camaro's have them and still race street tire. Not sure what tire I want yet, will have as little to no tread as possible for 19" wheel sizes. Thinking I want to go with at least a 305 since the 19" wheel will give me some more clearance to avoid running on the bumps.

Silver2SSRS6spd 12-19-2010 02:28 PM

All I want for Christmas is a 1-1 cog drive, the videos out there are awesome. I wonder how long I can take the whine, but than again I've been taking it at home for ten years now.
:laugh:

Silver2SSRS6spd 12-23-2010 03:37 PM

Ordered the 1-1 cog drive today, Maggie on the way. Hope to start installing the Maggie Monday or Tusday. The cog drive will probably not be here in time so will will have to install it with the supercharger on the car which they are telling me isn't so tough. Can't wait to put it on a dyno to see if I'm hitting at least 450 at the back wheels.

Mindz 12-23-2010 03:54 PM

Congrats Steve. The maggie should add the low end power you want, but now you'll need the DR's more than ever. Dustin has traction issues with his setup for even normal driving.

With the Supercharger, you'll make about 480+ at the wheels.

Silver2SSRS6spd 12-23-2010 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 2664021)
Congrats Steve. The maggie should add the low end power you want, but now you'll need the DR's more than ever. Dustin has traction issues with his setup for even normal driving.

With the Supercharger, you'll make about 480+ at the wheels.

Thanks J, I have a set of NITTO drag radials. The DR's only work for me if I heat them up good, now I need to get some good axles.

I felt more power just installing the cat back exhaust. I just hope the cog drive isn't too much over the top. I'm going to stick with 6 pounds of boost for a while. I'm just trying to break into the 12's at the track. I just hope this setup doesn't kill me at the auto-x events since I'm tacking pretty high in first and second on the courses I run.