Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Sports Lounge (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   2013 NFL Draft (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291540)

dorfmac 04-25-2013 06:11 PM

2013 NFL Draft

While this could of course go under the 2013 NFL Offseason thread, the draft is an animal all it's own and deserves the recognition. As of my typing, 49:13 to go until the start!

Caddyroger 04-25-2013 06:23 PM

2 or 3 months ago Eric Fisher was projected as a second round pick. Today he going to be K.C. no 1 pick of the draft.

dorfmac 04-25-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caddyroger (Post 6469685)
2 or 3 months ago Eric Fisher was projected as a second round pick. Today he going to be K.C. no 1 pick of the draft.

Yeah - crazy how that works... It's safe to say there are still many surprises yet to come. With so little top-tier talent but such a large amount of quality players, it's bound to be an exciting night...

The Mel Kiper, Jr. impression by Frank Caliendo that was just on was pretty freaking good...

dorfmac 04-25-2013 07:01 PM

...and so it begins!

dorfmac 04-25-2013 07:18 PM

Eric Fisher #1 to the Chiefs.

Surprised they didn't make a move with Brandon Albert in advance of the draft if they knew they were going to take Fisher. On the other hand, you can bring him into a low-pressure situation as a rookie by putting him at RT instead and leaving Albert at LT to ease him into NFL life. Not many 1st overall picks have that luxury.

dorfmac 04-25-2013 07:36 PM

#2 Luke Joekel to the Jags

Not a fan of this pick for the Jags. Would much rather have seen them take a pass rusher. A lot of right tackles available in free agency and they have a ton of cap space to sign them, could have picked another position of use

dorfmac 04-25-2013 07:37 PM

#3 Raiders trade pick to the Fins, Fins select Dion Jordan

Fins had to give up a crapload of later picks to move up from 12(?) to 3... Jordan is definitely worth the draft slot, but I am surprised they didn't go for Lane Johnson here...

Edit::: Nevermind, they only gave up their second rounder. Would have thought they'd have to do more to move up 9 slots.

dorfmac 04-25-2013 07:45 PM

#4 Lane Johnson to the Eagles

Not a huge surprise... Figured Chip Kelly would look for an offensive player, and Johnson is arguably the best offensive player in the draft outside of the two that have already been taken. You knew they wouldn't be looking QB and don't need any WR or RB. The fact that T is a position of need just made this make too much sense.

dorfmac 04-25-2013 07:53 PM

#5 Ziggy Ansah to the Lions

I don't know much about him other than he was a highly ranked prospect, but I don't really trust the players that shoot up draft boards like he did.

On another note, I was really hoping they'd take Tavon Austin with this pick. The Lions could use a good receiver opposite CJ2K, and between those two and Reggie Bush, they would have no doubt the most electrifying offense... ever?

dorfmac 04-25-2013 07:58 PM

#6 Barkevious Mingo to the Browns

After signing Paul Kruger for big money, I'm surprised to see them invest in another pass rusher. Then again, even as a Ravens fan, I was never sold on Kruger, so I don't think this is a terrible idea. Very happy that the rumors the past few days of the Browns picking Geno Smith didn't end up being true.

dorfmac 04-25-2013 08:04 PM

#7 Jonathan Cooper to the Cards

A guard this early? Cards have other needs that could be addressed with this pick rather than picking a player from a position that is typically available later in the first, if not later rounds. Granted, Cooper is a good guard prospect, but still. Then again, they'll never know if Kolb or Palmer or Skelton or whatever crappy QB they have is any good if they can't protect them.

PoorMansCamaro 04-25-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorfmac (Post 6470038)
#3 Raiders trade pick to the Fins, Fins select Dion Jordan

Fins had to give up a crapload of later picks to move up from 12(?) to 3... Jordan is definitely worth the draft slot, but I am surprised they didn't go for Lane Johnson here...

Edit::: Nevermind, they only gave up their second rounder. Would have thought they'd have to do more to move up 9 slots.

This was a steal. Miami robbed the raiders lol

Miami still has a second and 2 thirds. I also thought this was lane johnson, but i am soooo happy with this pick.

dorfmac 04-25-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro (Post 6470217)
This was a steal. Miami robbed the raiders lol

Miami still has a second and 2 thirds. I also thought this was lane johnson, but i am soooo happy with this pick.

Yeah, I would not be complaining as a Fins fan, and of course (since it's draft time this goes without saying) I would be complaining as a Raiders fan...

dorfmac 04-25-2013 08:15 PM

#8 Tavon Austin to St Louis Rams

Bills trade back to 16 with the Rams, allowing the Rams to pick local Baltimore and Dunbar High School hero Tavon Austin. Probably the most electric player to come out of the draft since (Steve Dallas' favorite player) Percy Harvin. Jets have to be upset he's taken just before they pick.