Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What should be available on the 1SS that is only available on the 2SS? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12485)

GTAHVIT 01-28-2009 09:33 PM

What should be available on the 1SS that is only available on the 2SS?

For those interested in buying a 1SS, what would you like to see made available on the 1SS. Pick the one you want most.

Ambient Lighting

Leather Seats
  • Leather-appointed front seat trim with SS embroidery
  • Heated driver and front passenger seats
Complete Convenience and Connectivity Package
  • Bluetooth® for phone
  • Wireless PDIM
  • USB port
  • Steering-wheel-mounted audio controls
  • Leather-wrapped steering wheel
  • Leather-wrapped shift knob
  • Cargo convenience net
  • Compass located in Driver Information Center (DIC)
  • Remote vehicle starter system (automatic transmission)

UCF w00t 01-28-2009 09:34 PM

Leather

And am I crazy in thinking that someone from GM asked you to start this thread due to the 1SS not selling as much as they thought?

ucla1ove3 01-28-2009 09:37 PM

leather as well.

383ss 01-28-2009 09:51 PM

if I could have got the convenience and connectivity, I would have got a 1SS

ArcAngel 01-28-2009 09:53 PM

the C& C for sure because the other stuff is the reason people are getting 1SS instead of 2SS. but the c&c being left out was plain stupid

GTAHVIT 01-28-2009 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF w00t (Post 266916)
Leather

And am I crazy in thinking that someone from GM asked you to start this thread due to the 1SS not selling as much as they thought?

:laugh:

No, this is all me trying to draw attention to the things that GM may want to offer as options if possible and financially viable.

I'm truly struggling with the cost of the 2SS and I really want the C&C. So, I'm hoping Scott/GM will see this and maybe run it up the chain if we get enough votes.

I though it would be more valuable if we compared the 3 most noteable things that aren't available on the 1SS, instead of just saying, "should GM let us order C&C: yes or no?"

We'll see.

:thumbsup:

ArcAngel 01-28-2009 10:00 PM

yea I just dont understand the exclusion of the C&C what was the logic there?

UCF w00t 01-28-2009 10:04 PM

It is interesting that the C&C package is available for the 1LT but not 1SS.

GTAHVIT 01-28-2009 10:05 PM

Yeah for me the extra 3K for the 2SS is a bargain for everything you get. But, that would cover my taxes if I could get the 1ss with C&C... I'm sure GM had very good reason's for setting it up the way they did. Maybe they will reconsider? :iono:

Camaro68 01-28-2009 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF w00t (Post 266980)
It is interesting that the C&C package is available for the 1LT but not 1SS.

your right that is +1

ArcAngel 01-28-2009 10:16 PM

yea out of all the models its the only one sans that package??? why??

UCF w00t 01-28-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArcAngel (Post 266995)
yea out of all the models its the only one sans that package??? why??

Well it's actually only a package on the 1LT. You can't get it on the 1LS either and all of it's features (not the package per say) are included in the 2LT/2SS.

Camaro_Corvette 01-28-2009 10:35 PM

Complete Convenience and Connectivity package: hands down without a doubt. Sorry leather guys, but I have to say what I think would sell more cars. Leather just isn't gonna do it.

ArcAngel 01-28-2009 10:42 PM

yea the one ls is a base care the 1 SS has so much more than a base v8

mwoodengr 01-28-2009 11:49 PM

What am I missing with the C&C package

Forgive me for asking, but any anyone explain to me my the C&C package is of any value. :iono: I read thru the list of included items and really the only thing that is of remote interest is the bluetooth. Will this package function similar to the Ford Sync stuff? I just don't get it, but I might be missing something. Thanks

GTAHVIT 01-29-2009 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwoodengr (Post 267111)
Forgive me for asking, but any anyone explain to me my the C&C package is of any value. :iono: I read thru the list of included items and really the only thing that is of remote interest is the bluetooth. Will this package function similar to the Ford Sync stuff? I just don't get it, but I might be missing something. Thanks

Here's what you get.

• Bluetooth® for phone
  • Wireless PDIM for browsing your Player's directories or play lists using steering wheel controls.
  • USB port for IPOD, MP3 Player or Thumb Drive
  • Cargo convenience net

May not be worth much to you. But I'm thinking it's pretty damn cool. :thumbsup:

EDIT:

When added to the 1LT: Manual tansmission is only $465, Automatic is $665. No way you can do all this aftermarket for that cost. Not even close.

chadrcr 01-29-2009 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtahvit (Post 267126)
Here's what you get.

• Bluetooth® for phone
  • Wireless PDIM for browsing your Player's directories or play lists using steering wheel controls.
  • USB port for IPOD, MP3 Player or Thumb Drive
  • Cargo convenience net
May not be worth much to you. But I'm thinking it's pretty damn cool. :thumbsup:

yea, I gotta have ALL those... well maybe not the cargo net.. definitely NOT the remote starter... it will clash with my clutch:paddle:

blazzin1 01-29-2009 12:20 AM

Well, it's not listed here, but I would to see the Console Guages offered from the factory in the 1SS. I know some have said here on the forum that the guages would be offered "over-the-counter", but I haven't seen any real proof of that yet, and would like it to be on my build sheet as a factory option. Just my .02

GTAHVIT 01-29-2009 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazzin1 (Post 267140)
Well, it's not listed here, but I would to see the Console Guages offered from the factory in the 1SS. I know some have said here on the forum that the guages would be offered "over-the-counter", but I haven't seen any real proof of that yet, and would like it to be on my build sheet as a factory option. Just my .02

Too many insiders have said the 4 pack will be an option on the 1SS. That's why I left it off.

Rob490 01-29-2009 12:36 AM

well ill probably get with my 1LT but i thought it was AVAILABLE on 1SS if not then thats just inexcusable cmon gm its your loyal customers that buy the SS you'd think it'd atleast theyd make it available

fad1 01-29-2009 12:40 AM

Yeah, I would have to say C&C, I mean I hope GM does make it an option, they would sell a ton more of the 1SS that way......

zebra 01-29-2009 12:41 AM

the ABL is the only thing on that list that i halfway care about.

personally, i'd rather have manual windows/seats/locks as an option before any of that stuff

Parker 01-29-2009 12:51 AM

The C&C is the main reason I opted for the 2ss. It comes with so much. Break that down individually and should easily add up to 3k alone.

Little sideways off topic, but the GM bluetooth website is sooooo outdated.

josh1147 01-29-2009 01:20 AM

Dissenting opinion here....the 1SS is meant to be the "sports car" sport car. If you want comfy seats, convenience, connectivity, and ABL....get a different model.

I say that GM should leave the 1SS alone and leave it as a more "raw" muscle car for those who want to performance mod.

SScattergunSS 01-29-2009 01:22 AM

Truthfully, I want the option to have it all. I ordered the 1SS/RS Automatic with the Boston Acoustics Speakers, Polished Wheels, and Sun Roof.

If I could get the 4 Pack Gages from the factory, I probably would. If I could get the Ambient Lighting from the factory, I probably would. (I'd rather have them right off the bat, instead of having to spend the time adding 'em later...if they're even available).

I really don't know why the C&C is offered for the 1LT, but not the 1SS?

I like the idea of leather seats, (if they were leather) but think the cloth seats might be better in the long run...I just don't know how well the leather / leatherette will hold up? Also, it gets REAL HOT here where I live. More often than not, cloth is a better choice so you don't burn the BLEEP out of yourself when wearing shorts (which is 7-9 months of the year).

I may not know very much, but I can't help but think every person who orders a new Camaro of whichever model, would order the 4 Pack Gages if they were reasonably priced. Also, I think at least 70-75% of those orders would add the Ambient Lighting as well...if it was reasonably priced. As far as the C&C goes, I don't know. I'd like it, but if I have to cut some costs, I may or may not pull that trigger. (I probably would to be honest with you though!) But the point is, I'd like to have the option.

Tal 01-29-2009 03:47 AM

I think I'll eventually get a 1SS/RS and BA audio. I've thought about the 2SS but it's just not worth it to me, especially since I don't want the leather seats.. If GM will sell it to me I'll add in the C&C package as well. I would be interested in the ambient lighting as a stand-alone upgrade (say $500) but the C&C is much more important and really I'll be annoyed if they don't add it to the option list by next year. The most frustrating part is not being able to get the USB connecter in the center console, you can get that on any Mustang trim, even one that costs less than $20k and it's not even an option on a $31k SS. I don't mind that it's in a bundle of stuff I may not really want, as the bundle is a decent value if they would just offer it with the SS1. This isn't the biggest issue in the world but people spending this much on a car are going to be unhappy seeing an option they want offered on the cheaper LT1. Streamlining production is one thing, but this is one that just irks me as it's something the factory already does. I'll find a way around it if they don't change things (parts from the dealer and install myself depending on price) but it's something GM should really take another look at IMO.

Tal 01-29-2009 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SScattergunSS (Post 267215)
I may not know very much, but I can't help but think every person who orders a new Camaro of whichever model, would order the 4 Pack Gages if they were reasonably priced. Also, I think at least 70-75% of those orders would add the Ambient Lighting as well...if it was reasonably priced. As far as the C&C goes, I don't know. I'd like it, but if I have to cut some costs, I may or may not pull that trigger. (I probably would to be honest with you though!) But the point is, I'd like to have the option.

Well I don't care about the 4 pack myself, it's not in a great spot IMO and it seems kind of cheesy. I don't dislike it, but I like a change holder more lol. I think GM made a good choice of offering the gauges as a dealer option though, a lot of people do seem to like them. I agree on ambient lighting, though since they don't seem to have it 100% yet I can understand why they aren't in a hurry to make the lighting availible as a seperate option. I think there's at least some potential to make a lot of money selling the lighting as a dealer install kit, IF they can hit the right pricepoint.

ArcAngel 01-29-2009 08:51 AM

my question is without the C&C package the 1SS steering wheel is not leather??

GTAHVIT 01-29-2009 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArcAngel (Post 267466)
my question is without the C&C package the 1SS steering wheel is not leather??

I thought you can get the leather wheel as a dealer installed option..

Checking.

Super83Z 01-29-2009 09:50 AM

I would want a 1SS with C&C ,ABL and the 4-pack. Leather is nice and all, but its so damn hot in the summer and so damn cold in the winter I'm just tired of it.

a6pk2go 01-29-2009 09:55 AM

C & C package.

JJ#48Racing 01-29-2009 09:57 AM

I don't care about any of those, but I'd like to see the 4-pack gauges available.

eggydoo 01-29-2009 09:59 AM

i say they should've include the gauges.
the rest make sense to me.

scotchsride09 01-29-2009 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super83Z (Post 267522)
I would want a 1SS with C&C ,ABL and the 4-pack. Leather is nice and all, but its so damn hot in the summer and so damn cold in the winter I'm just tired of it.

:word:

I voted for ambient lighting but I'd like the C&C too... it's the only reason I'm considering getting a 2SS and I just don't think I can justify the extra cost for that stuff alone, even if it might cost more to do it later, on my own, at least I won't be paying interest for it.

2010 SS 01-29-2009 11:39 AM

C&C Package. Since it seems like something everyone can enjoy.

.....leather is kind of particular.

ArcAngel 01-29-2009 11:56 AM

They should really reconsider and offer the C&C

trm0002 01-29-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtahvit (Post 266983)
Yeah for me the extra 3K for the 2SS is a bargain for everything you get. But, that would cover my taxes if I could get the 1ss with C&C... I'm sure GM had very good reason's for setting it up the way they did. Maybe they will reconsider? :iono:

I wouldn't go quite that far. I would say it's a fair deal to both sides. I could care less about the C&C pkg when I'm driving. Honestly, if I could have simply added leather, I probably would have bought a 1SS.

GTAHVIT 01-29-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trm0002 (Post 267729)
I wouldn't go quite that far. I would say it's a fair deal to both sides. I could care less about the C&C pkg when I'm driving. Honestly, if I could have simply added leather, I probably would have bought a 1SS.

FWIW, I went to my Car AV shop and went down the list of what the C&C does with them and asked them to price similar capabilities and try to use the existing head unit. (they had to guess a little since they don't have the head unit) They quoted me easily 3K for the what the C&C does. These guys can do anything. Even adding steering wheel controls to a stock wheel.

When you figure in what else you get on the 2SS that's standard, I'm thinking its a good deal. Plus their install wouldn't be as clean as factory, obviously. Unless I wanted to spend BIG dollars on fabrication.

MVHO.

383ss 01-29-2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtahvit (Post 266983)

I'd have to disagree. there have been a few threads on this, but I think its about $500 overpriced. Its a $3188 premium, which is just a HUGE jump.

eggydoo 01-29-2009 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trm0002 (Post 267729)

leather can be added easily aftermarket.
i've done it on several of my cars and recommended friends to do it as well, which they did.
All have been happy with the results.