Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Anyone know what type of Rotors these are? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60812)

chmccarty 01-14-2010 01:53 PM

Anyone know what type of Rotors these are?

2 Attachment(s)
I am trying to find these rotors that they actually used on the concept car of Bumblebee because I really like them and think they actually do make a visual difference in the appearance of the wheel. I have found some Brembo Drilled Rotors but mostly everything I am finding is for the SS models. I have a 2LT. Anyone know if there is anything out there like this that will work on the 2LT Models?

UnknownWarrior 01-14-2010 02:51 PM

that i know of those are fake, the first bumblebee car was an 04-06 GTO reskinned

Sir Nuke 01-14-2010 03:02 PM

well the first pic is of REAL drilled rotors, the second pic is fake.....there is NO BRAKE, just a rotor........and why bother as you don't have brembros either.......OR do it 100% and do a total upgrade and do it all, the brakes AND the drilled rotors. otherwise, you are just wasting your money.

600hp-lpe 01-14-2010 03:04 PM

if you look closely, it is a 6 piston caliper....

Rogue Leader 01-14-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nuke (Post 1380722)
well the first pic is of REAL drilled rotors, the second pic is fake.....there is NO BRAKE, just a rotor........and why bother as you don't have brembros either.......OR do it 100% and do a total upgrade and do it all, the brakes AND the drilled rotors. otherwise, you are just wasting your money.

While I agree its a waste of money performance wise, he wants them for Visual reasons, and considering the some of other crappy visual updates out there for this car, this actually would look kinda cool. Total upgrade = $3000, rotors = $300 ish, if all he wants is the looks who cares.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe (Post 1380728)

No its not look closer you can see the logo covers 2 pots, so its safe to assume 4. Either way it was a concept set anyway. He just wants the rotors.

The rotors may just not be available yet, but I'm sure Someone will come out with crossdrilled rotors for this car within the next year. Or you can go to a performance shop and get a set drilled... Thats gotta be expensive though.

Michael_Js 01-14-2010 04:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Stillen already is selling them! Drilled, slotted, drilled & slotted. Mine are waiting for me at the FedEx office :)

Not sure if they have them for the V6 though...would need to check!

chmccarty 01-14-2010 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue Leader (Post 1380842)
While I agree its a waste of money performance wise, he wants them for Visual reasons, and considering the some of other crappy visual updates out there for this car, this actually would look kinda cool. Total upgrade = $3000, rotors = $300 ish, if all he wants is the looks who cares.

No its not look closer you can see the logo covers 2 pots, so its safe to assume 4. Either way it was a concept set anyway. He just wants the rotors.

The rotors may just not be available yet, but I'm sure Someone will come out with crossdrilled rotors for this car within the next year. Or you can go to a performance shop and get a set drilled... Thats gotta be expensive though.

Rogue, thanks, thats exactly what I was thinking. You're exactly right and I am really just interested in the look anyhow, not performance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael_Js (Post 1380944)
Stillen already is selling them! Drilled, slotted, drilled & slotted. Mine are waiting for me at the FedEx office :)

Not sure if they have them for the V6 though...would need to check!

Thanks!! Exactly what I was looking for, I will call them in the morning and see if what they have will fit the 2LT models.

Michael_Js 01-14-2010 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chmccarty (Post 1381096)
Rogue, thanks, thats exactly what I was thinking. You're exactly right and I am really just interested in the look anyhow, not performance.

Thanks!! Exactly what I was looking for, I will call them in the morning and see if what they have will fit the 2LT models.

Talk to Dan ;) This is the Brembo thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45326

bng804 01-14-2010 05:30 PM

I'm pretty positive the SS rotors will not fit the v6 models.

I am still trying to for sure confirm this, but I was told that the rotors from the 2008-2009 Cadillac 3.6 Litre, 6 Cylinder, VVT (Rear Wheel Drive) will fit the v6 model Camaros. There are a bunch of aftermarket slotted / cross-drilled rotors for the Cadillac application that are quite reasonably priced.

I also disagree with the notion that this is a waste performance wise. The performance cross drilled / slotted rotors should help nicely with brake fade for those of us that autocross and road race.

600hp-lpe 01-14-2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue Leader (Post 1380842)

WRONG you are... how about the 1/3 of the caliper you don't see?

Rogue Leader 01-14-2010 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe (Post 1381261)

WRONG I am not look at the logo on the caliper unless they centered it on only TWO pistons there is NO way there is a 3rd piston on that caliper. Added to the fact that I actually SAW that show car at the NY Auto Show two years ago and it had that identical 4 piston caliper.

marley. 01-15-2010 09:37 AM

I read yesterday that the Cadillac CTS uses the same rotor and you can buy drilled and slotted for that that will fit our V6 cars. I dont know if this is true or not but I plan to research it.

Erik@Torq 01-15-2010 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bng804 (Post 1381136)
I'm pretty positive the SS rotors will not fit the v6 models.

I am still trying to for sure confirm this, but I was told that the rotors from the 2008-2009 Cadillac 3.6 Litre, 6 Cylinder, VVT (Rear Wheel Drive) will fit the v6 model Camaros. There are a bunch of aftermarket slotted / cross-drilled rotors for the Cadillac application that are quite reasonably priced.

I also disagree with the notion that this is a waste performance wise. The performance cross drilled / slotted rotors should help nicely with brake fade for those of us that autocross and road race.

Yes and no. Slotted/drilled do help with removing the gas that builds up between the pad and rotors, and the it's the veins in the rotor that actually cool it. BUT the thing is though that some of these cheap rotors out there are cast with "cheap" metal and actually are worse then the stockers with dissipating heat etc. DO NOT be fooled that just because they are slotted/drilled or have a million pistons in the caliper your car will brake better.

More pistons do even out the pressure on the pad, but larger pistons can actually apply more pressure to the pad for stopping power. Just because a car has 6 pistons doesn't necessarily mean it will brake better then a car with 4 pistons. Everything plays in, rotor size and thickness, number of veins, slots/holes, pads, lines, fluid, caliper size, number of pistons and sizes etc etc

Quote:

Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe (Post 1380728)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe (Post 1381261)

No it's not, they are 4 piston calipers.

chmccarty 01-15-2010 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael_Js (Post 1381125)
Talk to Dan ;) This is the Brembo thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45326

Thanks! I just sent him a private message now!