Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Chassis / Brakes (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   WTB New Takeoff SS Brembo Caliper Set (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104487)

Wngrr 09-06-2010 06:38 PM

WTB New Takeoff SS Brembo Caliper Set

Hello Everyone... New Member here.. My wife just purchased a 2011 2SS/RS.. I'm looking to buy a Brembo Caliper set to have powdercoated. The car is her daily driver so I can't afford to have the car down while her calipers are being done.The plan is to buy a new takeoff set have them powdercoated, swap them to the car and sell mine to someone else so they can do the same.. So if anyone has a set they would like to sell at a good price I will sell mine for the same price and pay it forward. I did the same thing on my 2008 Vette and it worked out great..

Thanks David..

PS.. Great forum!

CaniacFan 09-06-2010 07:15 PM

There is actually a vendor on this site that does powdercoating (Mikethepowdercoater). Your name goes on a list, he then sends your calipers to you and you send him your "old ones". You are charged a core charge until he receives yours back.

Showstoppers (also vendor on this site) sells painted calipers. Same process, you give them what color you want, they charge you up front and when they receive your calipers, they will refund the core charge - no down time!! I think I'll be pulling the trigger this week on my order with Showstopper, I already have their LED side mirrors which are top notch as well.

Good Luck. Lori

Wngrr 09-06-2010 09:50 PM

I've done business with Mike before. He powdercoated the engine cover on my Vette back when he was still doing them.. I'll check with him..

Thanks David

Ivan @ Southwest Speed 09-15-2010 01:14 AM

PM Andredmg.

He has a set of them laying around.

Tell him Ivan sent you.

Good luck,
Ivan

FINALLYSATISFIED 09-16-2010 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaniacFan (Post 2303045)
There is actually a vendor on this site that does powdercoating (Mikethepowdercoater). Your name goes on a list, he then sends your calipers to you and you send him your "old ones". You are charged a core charge until he receives yours back.

Showstoppers (also vendor on this site) sells painted calipers. Same process, you give them what color you want, they charge you up front and when they receive your calipers, they will refund the core charge - no down time!! I think I'll be pulling the trigger this week on my order with Showstopper, I already have their LED side mirrors which are top notch as well.

Good Luck. Lori

I was looking into this, I didn't know he did a core exchange program. Now that I know that, I'll definately be ordering a set from Mike. :thumbsup: