Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V6 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   IS a V6 FI kit available now? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87216)

Germann 06-02-2010 11:18 AM

IS a V6 FI kit available now?

Theres threads out the wazoo on FI....and if I had 4 hours I would read them all to see if anyone has a kit. C'mon....is one available or not yet? Surely someone know! Share the wealth. I really didnt want to do NOS but it seems to be the only game running.

PoorMansCamaro 06-02-2010 11:29 AM

there is not one currently for sale. i guess STS has a pre-order going on. but that's it.

WayneBrady 06-03-2010 10:35 AM

well what is think dealers are cocky/greedy to expect preorders before having a reliable product. The only insurance buyers have is hoping for a refund if they don not produce, but the fact companies need to the money to even make the complete the product, where would money come from to even doa refund. I think that one company will be smart enough to do shit before GM does its TWIN TURBO for v6's, making a profit while other companies say

"Well if we knew there were so many people we would have do it."

In which case they will try to jump on the band wagon with excuses such as

"We were not sure people would buy it,"

or

"We wanted to make sure it was good enough"

But by then they shot themselves in the leg about how much profit they would have actually made if they acted logically in the first place. I mean, they spend the energy to go on sites.....except those are not really companies, but some one being paid, to check buy interest, or messing around. The funny thing is...I think after finding out that GM is making a TT for v6, one of these companies are going to comeback quickly and say they will produce something, hopefully having it out on the market before GM, but if GM is within months of making a turbo for us, with a nationwide warranty, and not voiding our warranty....why would we go to the independent market?

PoorMansCamaro 06-03-2010 11:56 AM

biggest reason would be price. granted there's probably includes the warranty.

Mike@DS 06-03-2010 02:41 PM

Tuning will be the biggest hold up here guys.

We have several FI manufacturers harassing us about support for these cars too....which is the reason we delved into them in the first place. There is still quite a bit of stuff that needs to be mapped out and properly understood before tuning for FI onthese cars can even get started ;)

HopeRidesAlone 06-03-2010 03:14 PM

well atleast we know someone is trying to help us :)

PoorMansCamaro 06-03-2010 03:40 PM

:clap:

The_Blur 06-03-2010 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport (Post 1941472)
Tuning will be the biggest hold up here guys.

We have several FI manufacturers harassing us about support for these cars too....which is the reason we delved into them in the first place. There is still quite a bit of stuff that needs to be mapped out and properly understood before tuning for FI onthese cars can even get started ;)

:word: I have no concerns about whether someone will make a kit. My concern is that someone needs to make a tune. I'm fairly amazed that we have not gotten at least a piggyback tune yet. :rolleyes:

devildoc 06-03-2010 04:42 PM

Trifecta tunes our car without a problem. They also have the tune set for the STS turbo kit. We are just waiting on STS to produce the kit. I have the tune and I love it!

xpanda305x 06-03-2010 04:50 PM

^ how much RWHP are you making right now?

devildoc 06-03-2010 05:21 PM

My tune isn't designed to make much hp because our engines are designed very well from GM.

usa1camaro1969 06-03-2010 06:00 PM

What are you hearing from STS, Doc? After all the bashing earlier I don't blame them for keeping quiet, I'm just hoping they're continuing the kit.

CAMAR0 06-03-2010 06:29 PM

Heres some good info on direct injection benefits etc from GMPD. http://www.gmperformancedivision.com..._Injection.pdf

Slide 6 asks if DI is untuneable... I hope not!

CamaroDreams07 06-04-2010 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAMAR0 (Post 1942487)
Heres some good info on direct injection benefits etc from GMPD. http://www.gmperformancedivision.com..._Injection.pdf

Slide 6 asks if DI is untuneable... I hope not!

Our engines aren't untuneable. The problem is they were already pretty well tuned from GM. So basically what Vince is able to do is torque management and for us A6 guys he can change the shifting to be more aggressive. It doesn't seem like there's a lot of power to be had tuning the stock engine though.

At least that is my limited understanding, I'm by no means one of the experts here.