Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   black rally stripes (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7804)

mrpre10der 10-07-2008 05:17 PM

black rally stripes

:readthethread:can we get black rally stripes from factory . what is gm thinking black is the most popular . who wants some joe putting them on at a dealership. they dont give a s@#t how they do them . any oppinions out there. im the kinda guy who will refuse the car if there is one bubble in the stripe .yes im anal,but who wouldnt with a car like this. im looking at cyber silver .

GameOver620 10-07-2008 05:19 PM

i'll refuse that crap also. i'm going to be standing there watching apply those stripes until they are perfect

thejbyrd 10-07-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrpre10der (Post 148617)
:readthethread:can we get black rally stripes from factory . what is gm thinking black is the most popular . who wants some joe putting them on at a dealership. they dont give a s@#t how they do them . any oppinions out there. im the kinda guy who will refuse the car if there is one bubble in the stripe .yes im anal,but who wouldnt with a car like this. im looking at cyber silver .

I think everyone on this site agrees. Only FLAWLESS is acceptable!:paddle:

thejbyrd 10-07-2008 05:25 PM

Stripe Packages
Personalize your Camaro with one of two available stripe
packages. Add the Rally Stripe decals or the Hood and
Hockey Stripe decals to give your Camaro a more sporty,
heritage look. Available in select colors.
RPO Codes:
VZG—Black Rally Stripes
VZF—Silver Rally Stripes
VYZ—White Rally Stripes
VYY—Cyber Gray Rally Stripes
VYO—Orange Rally Stripes
VYQ—Black Hood and Hockey Stripe
VYP—White Hood and Hockey Stripe
VYR—Cyber Gray Hood and Hockey Stripe

mrpre10der 10-07-2008 05:29 PM

dealer not factory

those choices are mostly done at your dealer from what i understand

lalometalik 10-07-2008 05:35 PM

have them put the stripes on before any final paperwork gets signed.
then check and double check them mugs!
compromise is not acceptable

Tom_K 10-07-2008 06:09 PM

My local dealer has no body shop. I'm guessing they don't have a clue on how to do the stripes. I don't want them training some high school kid on my car. Seems funny not to have a body shop when they have all GM lines under one roof. It's a big place. They call it a superstore.

drivingincamaro 10-07-2008 06:11 PM

if some average Joe fu ups my stripes :paddle:

question how far of range does camaroscottys dealer operates ?

do they ship to chicago? :thumbsup:

Txturbo 10-07-2008 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrpre10der (Post 148617)

Its not that hard to do, I put the stripes on my Camaro in the driveway without bubbles.

CoolestCamaro873 10-07-2008 10:18 PM

The truth is I'm so pissed that they aren't doing all the stripes at the factory, especially blck. But, the truth is that if it isn't done right you don't have to take it. And usually you don't need a body shop to put on vinyl stripes at a dealer. And, another point is that the dealers usually have someone who is a GM tech come to dealerships specially to put accessories on your car, like stripes. That is how Ford did it for the Mustang. They had someone come in and teach the techs how to put thme on. :chevy:

headpunter 10-07-2008 10:20 PM

so the moral of the story is you should order a car from a dealer that will have a good place to do the stripes if you want them