Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Supercharge or not to supercharge, that's the question.... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180003)

Kronix 11-01-2011 11:27 PM

Supercharge or not to supercharge, that's the question....

First off, AWESOME FORUM!

I just took delivery of my new LS3 Black on black 2SS, and I've been researching superchargers for a few months now (prior to finding this site) and the thing that just blows my mind is companies like SLP & Edelbrock offering 36/100K warranties if installed by the right people. This was never heard of back when I had my fast cars, as any mods the dealer would break your balls about. Now companies like SLP are building them for Chevy!

I've been dealing with the regional manager of SLP the past few weeks and he's been working with me as I put my order together, then a friend suggested I look into the Edelbrock SC also, as they have a warranty too. Obviously the warranty is VERY important to me, especially with a new car and my non-mechanical skills. I'm amazed when I look at some of the mods you guys are doing, I guess you really don't care about the factory warranty on your $40K rides? To me that's a selling point, having the assurance of a warranty.

I would really appreciate everyone's input of mods, the superchargers I mentioned & maintaining factory/aftermarket warranties. I really look forward to becoming an active member of this community, attending meet & greets, shows, and highlighting my build.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Kronix

BLACK10 11-01-2011 11:34 PM

welcome!

SilverSS3108 11-01-2011 11:41 PM

Nice to have you join us.

Caliman93230 11-01-2011 11:52 PM

one thing to note when you buy the warranties that come with the superchargers, they are limited and are very specific as to what types of mods you will be able to do on your car. your not going to gain a hole lot more hp with their stock tunes.

CC Performance 11-02-2011 06:02 AM

You void the factory warranty with the s/c
BUT the s/c companys like Edelbrock offer a supplemental warranty that you can purchase. You follow their rules and stipulations and your covered.. by them not GM. You stick to their tune and power levels.
Even they know its a risk putting an s/c on an engine not built for it. Fuel system upgrades and a meth kit help to sway the odds in your favor but it still isnt something I would do with my personal. I would do it properly... GM built their engine for the s/c at 9.1:1 compression for a reason.

JANNETTYRACING 11-02-2011 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kronix (Post 3958276)

I just took delivery of my new LS3 Black on black 2SS, and I've been researching superchargers for a few months now (prior to finding this site) and the thing that just blows my mind is companies like SLP & Edelbrock offering 36/100K warranties if installed by the right people. This was never heard of back when I had my fast cars, as any mods the dealer would break your balls about. Now companies like SLP are building them for Chevy!

I've been dealing with the regional manager of SLP the past few weeks and he's been working with me as I put my order together, then a friend suggested I look into the Edelbrock SC also, as they have a warranty too. Obviously the warranty is VERY important to me, especially with a new car and my non-mechanical skills. I'm amazed when I look at some of the mods you guys are doing, I guess you really don't care about the factory warranty on your $40K rides? To me that's a selling point, having the assurance of a warranty.

I would really appreciate everyone's input of mods, the superchargers I mentioned & maintaining factory/aftermarket warranties. I really look forward to becoming an active member of this community, attending meet & greets, shows, and highlighting my build.

Kronix

Congrats, and Amazing car with Amazing Potential.

Your in Cali so you also have to be concerned about Carb Certification, Both Magnacharger and Edelbrock are 50 State Carb Certified.

You can expect about 100-130 RWHP gain over stock and OEM Quality components from Either Comapany.

You should Contact Magnacharger and Edelbrock to find a Local Dealer to install for you and certify your aftermarket drivetrain warranty.

I am a Dealer for Both and can supply you with Either if you choose to install your self.

Ted.

KeeBee 11-02-2011 09:49 AM

Either way you go you are going to end up spending close to 10K to S/C your car. Supercharger, exhaust, headers, cam, tune and labor to install unless you do it all yourself.

You won't stop at just adding the supercharger. Basically what I am trying to say is if you are going to sink 10K of mods for starters into the car you have the money to fix it if it breaks. Some dealers won't touch a car that has been modified.

SUX2BU 11-02-2011 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kronix (Post 3958276)

Kronix

Selling point? Why would I ever sell my baby? LOL!

Warranties are nice, but you can't really make big power and still have a warranty unless you just pay a ridiculous amount. Racing is breaking. If you're not breaking parts, you're not going fast enough.