Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Post the ignorant back handed crap people say to you about your Camaro (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314503)

matthew9440 08-22-2013 02:49 PM

Post the ignorant back handed crap people say to you about your Camaro

I would first like to address that I did a quick search before posting and I didn't see any back-handed compliment threads. I figured I would start one. Every week at local car shows I run into somebody or hear someone making a back-handed compliment.

One time I am wiping the bugs off the front of my car when a fella walks up to me and says "hey buddy how come you didn't get an old Camaro" I say "because I wanted this Camaro" to which he replies "everybody has one of these Camaro. I must have seen 5 Camaro's that look exactly like yours on the way here today".

Another time I see a kid across a show field point to my car and sprint a good 50 yards across the field with his friends. He comes right up to the front of the car, looks at his friends with disappointment on his face and says "sorry guys...... it's only an SS, my bad."

Had a Corvette elitest come over and ask me about my car. he goes "hey have you ever drove your car back and forth to work". I respond "yeah I drive it whenever I can" he lowers his head into one of this hands wipes his face and says "thats just a god damn shame son.... a god damn shame"

all in all I get this garbage all the time and I was wondering what kind of back-handed compliments any of you guys have heard about your car.

IowaGuy 08-22-2013 02:58 PM

That sucks. In my town most with a pony car wave no matter brand or year.

vroomapunk 08-22-2013 03:00 PM

That does suck, i usually only get compliments, once I might have gotten the "girls drive automatics" comment but I cant remember. **** those people/haters. I love my car.

SPARTAN sui 08-22-2013 03:02 PM

Never, sounds like an unpleasant area you live in.

matthew9440 08-22-2013 03:03 PM

I must just live in a hateful town. Haha first night I had my Camaro I drove past the downtown tuner car kids and they all stood on the corner of the road and gave me thumbs down.

Lord Ryan 08-22-2013 03:03 PM

Everyone seems to cool. People with alot more money than me(everybody) come up to admire the car. I'm support staff at a large law firm. Had partners stop me in the hall that I've never spoken to, to ask about the. Only one heffer asked me if I was having a midlife crisis. Like some said in the other thread most people don't know a 6v from a SS or ZL1 and are just as impressed

Glen e 08-22-2013 03:04 PM

Never had any comments like that, if I did, would'nt matter.....based on the way heads turn when I drive it, I know it's stunning....

Supercamaro64 08-22-2013 03:06 PM

If its not a manual, it sucks. Ive been told that many times, not just about mine.

Hulkamaniac 08-22-2013 03:06 PM

"Its cool, but... it's an automatic."

At 580+ hp, I don't have to explain anything to anyone. They can kiss my cowboy boot!

Lord Ryan 08-22-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthew9440 (Post 6929264)
I must just live in a hateful town. Haha first night I had my Camaro I drove past the downtown tuner car kids and they all stood on the corner of the road and gave me thumbs down.

There is some saying about going to PA, don't remember if it's Pitt, Philly or both is good way to get your ass whopped. Something about the city of brotherly love. Don't know where you are in relation.

matthew9440 08-22-2013 03:07 PM

I don't mean to focus on the negative! I get a whole lot more positive then negative but the mean crap are the ones that I remember! haha

matthew9440 08-22-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RallySportRand (Post 6929281)
"Its cool, but... it's an automatic."

At 580+ hp, I don't have to explain anything to anyone. They can kiss my cowboy boot!

AMEN!

SNSSTR 08-22-2013 03:09 PM

I was at a party at a friend's house and had parked my car in the driveway. My friend's mom needed to leave (I guess...and she didn't know the car blocking her in was mine), so she came outside and yelled "can whoever has the black mustang move it out of the driveway!" I just shook my head and my friends all yelled back to her it was mine and that there's no way I would move my car now after she called it a mustang. haha

matthew9440 08-22-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Ryan (Post 6929284)
There is some saying about going to PA, don't remember if it's Pitt, Philly or both is good way to get your ass whopped. Something about the city of brotherly love. Don't know where you are in relation.

Closer to Pittsburgh. Ever heard of groundhog Punxsy Phil? Yeah thats the weird-a$$ area I live in.