Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What happened to my camaro.... (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318242)

mc_acoustic 09-15-2013 10:19 PM

What happened to my camaro....

okay, trust me when i say I know my milage really well...

Recently since the install of my nitrous, my milage has been terrible.

Before nitrous it was 18 mpg in the city, 32-33 out of the highway...

WELLLLL... I drove out to the track yesterday (This wasnt the first time driving out there)

its about 130 km drive.

1st time, driving 100 km/h I got there and it was 27.8 mpg (Its lowered since nitrous install) I DID NOTTTT drive the track.

going back from track i got 28.

Yesterday going out there I got 28 mpg again. THIS TIME i ran at the track 4 times.... It was fun....

Now here is the weird thing... I didnt reset my milage this time.... about 30 km into going home I wanted to check the milage just to see if it shot down super low since i raced.... it was at 34 mpg... I was like "How the heck did it go up..."

So I reset it.... I got 42.6 mpg.... I was so confused....

I figured "It must have been just luck or something stupid"

I reset it, drove back to the track once I got back to down and kept track of the milage.

43 miles to the gallon. what.... happened

I didnt touch the car at the track.... did I bust something?

I decided to ONCE AGAIN.... try the milage out in the city this time.... Like i said i usually get 18 mpg... This time? 24 mpg...

What happened... I only drive to work and back... like I said the past few monthes I have been recording my milage every gas tank....

Is something broken?

Irishmic 09-15-2013 10:23 PM

It's those confusing metric systems and temperature thing you have up there :)

mc_acoustic 09-15-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishmic (Post 7005081)
It's those confusing metric systems and temperature thing you have up there :)

LOL i always run it in miles to the gallon.

Much easier for me to keep track aswell....

Im just worried that maybe I busted something.... why else would my car be running a great milage....

F-16 Camaro 09-15-2013 10:45 PM

Reset your Trip A odometer and do your own mpg math. Then you'll know exactly what your fuel efficiency is, without using the computer to calculate and extrapolate/speculate.

mc_acoustic 09-15-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F-16 Camaro (Post 7005139)
Reset your Trip A odometer and do your own mpg math. Then you'll know exactly what your fuel efficiency is, without using the computer to calculate and extrapolate/speculate.

That is a good idea, I assume I should do that on a full tank?

F-16 Camaro 09-15-2013 11:13 PM

Yes.

Miles/Gallons serviced=MPG

Biv08SS 09-15-2013 11:15 PM

Yes, Fill up drive till on 1/4 then refill and do the math.

mc_acoustic 09-15-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F-16 Camaro (Post 7005233)
Yes.

Miles/Gallons serviced=MPG

That being said, I have been keeping track for about 6 monthes and my car is pretty accurate when it comes to the same readings.

That is what is weird, i mean I will do what you said but the numbers should not have shot that far apart in one day.... something actually happened.... and im wondering what...