Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   PLEASE BOYCOTT ANY DEALER ASKING OVER MSRP (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36711)

talwell 08-10-2009 03:37 PM

PLEASE BOYCOTT ANY DEALER ASKING OVER MSRP

I just spoke with Superior Chevrolet in Lawrenceville, NJ about a car they had in stock.

They wanted to inform me that ALL dealers are charging a minimum of $5,000 over MSRP and if they are not they are stupid.

So I ask you this - please boycott any dealer that is asking over MSRP - there is already plenty of profits there as well as manufacturer hold back that they are being paid. Do not allow them to rip you off or think that what they are doing is acceptable - if you have a moment call into the GM consumer hotline with the name of the dealer, salesman and the price they tried to charge you so that you can file a complaint. We the tax payers are the ones that are paying the bill to see that they can sell these cars and they have the nerve to attempt to rip us off in return.

Please feel free to post a list of the rip off dealers in this thread that all forum members should know to boycott for ANY Chevrolet purchase.

CamaroScotty 08-10-2009 03:42 PM

I've been called worse, especially from dealers, back in July of 2008 when I said we'd sell them ALL for MSRP (or less)!

Sticks n stones...... Bring it!

Outlaw 08-10-2009 03:43 PM

Jerry's Chevrolet in Weatherford, Tx had them listed for 7k over MSRP. Fortunately I know one of the salesman who has been there forever and sold it to me for regular price.

talwell 08-10-2009 03:45 PM

Please keep the list going - we need to call out all these thieves and maybe GM headquarters will take some action when they see the bad press they get from this.

jdurhan 08-10-2009 03:45 PM

I agree with your post with the Exception of

"We the tax payers are the ones that are paying the bill to see that they can sell these cars and they have the nerve to attempt to rip us off in return."

We loaned GM Corporation money, they have no control over what a privately owned dealer charges. But yes do boycott dealers charging over msrp.

jpsuperman81 08-10-2009 03:47 PM

Talwell there is already an ongoing list on this topic.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622

Abygale 08-10-2009 03:47 PM

Request Granted!

I did it just today to a dealership in Missouri. I was going to travel 5.5 hours to buy the car but not at the inflated price he finally quoted me!

See: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=295

talwell 08-10-2009 03:50 PM

That is true - they do not have control over what a privately owned dealer charges.

I used to be part of a franchise - they do have the ability to set limits, rules, regulations and such that each franchise must adhere to.

volboy23 08-10-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 782470)

Well said. Glad to have reps like you scotty!

mamaro 08-10-2009 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 782470)
I've been called worse, especially from dealers, back in July of 2008 when I said we'd sell them ALL for MSRP (or less)!

I respect you for that, Scotty. My dealer honored my pre-order MSRP, but that is as far as it goes for them. Wouldn't take the credit union discount on the Camaro, though he does on all other cars. He tried to make me think I was getting a good deal, because everyone is charging $5,000+ over MSRP. I told him that wasn't true. He had 2 on the lot for $7,000 over, and he sold them. Pretty much told me if he'd known the market when I ordered, I wouldn't have gotten it at pre-order pricing. The one thing good I have to say is that he had the integrity to honor our agreement.

ravensjeff 08-11-2009 04:01 PM

Stevenson Chevy in Golden,Colorado added $7500 to the price of a Orange 2SS/RS but said that they would order & sell you one at MSRP. Basically kept my Dad from buying one on the spot- and he isn't the kind of person who would wait months for one either.

Michael_Js 08-11-2009 04:02 PM

Sounds like the dealers in SAn Diego - Order at MSPR - and wait and wait and wait, or pay $3K on up for one on the lot (good luck) or coming in...:mad0260:

rmpackers 08-11-2009 04:13 PM

I've had tons of people look at my car everyday, and at car shows. When they seriously talk about price and ordering, I make darn sure they know which dealers are charging MSRP and which ones are over charging. They can then make any stupid or sensible decision they want!

1GMFanatik 08-11-2009 04:39 PM

Lucas Chevrolet in Mount Holly, NJ has a 2SS in Orange with the 21" wheels and GFX Package ABOUT to be installed for $50,000. NO RS Package and he tried telling me that everyone is marking them up like that. Once I started talking and he found that I KNEW what was goin on he started to stutter.. A LOT... LOL! He tried telling me that the deal was so good because you get the factory wheels AND the 21's.. Still not worth 50k especially with no RS Package.