Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Driver side strut issue (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105834)

robsls3 09-14-2010 09:32 AM

Driver side strut issue

Anybody have issue with the driver side top strut mount nut on these cars? Mine was loose and I retorqued it to specs. Now yesterday driving home the dam nut and top part of strut mount shaft broke off. The inside of the torx slot was rusted as hell to start with.

I had to place a temp nut on it to get it home. I got road side coming for it and now have to hope GM doesnt start a bitch fit since I retourqued it.

IPS Brandon 09-14-2010 10:31 AM

I would say this is a rare issue and have gm investigate this issue under warranty.

CamaroDreams07 09-14-2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robsls3 (Post 2328521)
Anybody have issue with the driver side top strut mount nut on these cars? Mine was loose and I retorqued it to specs. Now yesterday driving home the dam nut and top part of strut mount shaft broke off. The inside of the torx slot was rusted as hell to start with.

I had to place a temp nut on it to get it home. I got road side coming for it and now have to hope GM doesnt start a bitch fit since I retourqued it.

How are they going to know you re-torqued it? Good luck, that sounds terrible.

JusticePete 09-14-2010 02:01 PM

Congratulations on having such a rare failure :iono:

There should be no issue with your GM warranty. I am sorry you had such an odd failure.

robsls3 09-14-2010 08:22 PM

Well Gm is blaming me for the retorque. Now I need a strut. Anybody got one can paypal ASAP.

JusticePete 09-14-2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robsls3 (Post 2330766)
Well Gm is blaming me for the retorque. Now I need a strut. Anybody got one can paypal ASAP.

Can you email me a copy of the RO from your Dealer please? PGB@PeddersUSA.com

Redemption 09-14-2010 08:42 PM

I am sure that the dealer should take care of this...

IF not, someone local has a stock strut sitting in a box somewhere that they can hook you up....

IF not AGAIN... Ive got one, its yours for shipping. P*YP@$L not accepted though...

Dont worry, you will be taken care of!

J

robsls3 09-14-2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2330787)
Can you email me a copy of the RO from your Dealer please? PGB@PeddersUSA.com

Once I get the car home tomarrow I can. Still at the dealer.

axis 09-14-2010 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redemption (Post 2330858)

IF not, someone local has a stock strut sitting in a box somewhere that they can hook you up....

IF not AGAIN... Ive got one, its yours for shipping. P*YP@$L not accepted though...

J

Way to step up man. That's EXTEMELY kind and generous of you. :thumbsup:

robsls3 09-15-2010 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redemption (Post 2330858)

J

WOW thanks man. Somebody else came forward with one for sale but if that falls through trust me Ill fed ex a MO to you to cover shipping cost.

2quick 09-15-2010 08:38 AM

Got to love the great people on here!

JusticePete 09-16-2010 09:33 AM

I would still like a copy of the RO that denied warranty.

seddon 09-16-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2336060)
I would still like a copy of the RO that denied warranty.

I would have gone to another dealer or call up the area rep/manager. If the stock nut broke how is it your fault even if you retorqued it.

rolnslo 09-16-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seddon (Post 2337397)
I would have gone to another dealer or call up the area rep/manager. If the stock nut broke how is it your fault even if you retorqued it.

Over-torqued maybe? :iono: